main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT The "What-If?" Depository - ALL conceptual/hypothetical conversation goes here

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by SithStarSlayer, Feb 27, 2013.

1. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Welcome to the boards, Chosenone55!

-The films do not provide an answer. I will move this to the random question thread, in case someone else knows if that was addressed in the EU.

2. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Not sure- but in the EU reference books, we find out that when Yoda went through the archive properly, he found a whole bunch of planets that had been deleted- not just Kamino. One of them was Dagobah.

Because of its having been deleted, Yoda chose it for his hiding place at the end of RoTS.

So we know that Yoda didn't return Dagobah to the archives at least. Maybe he left the other ones out as well, so that only Jedi "in the know" could find them.

Given Kamino's value to the Republic during the war, I could see its location being kept as secret as possible by the Jedi after they rediscovered it.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  3. Les-Grossman

Les-Grossman Jedi Padawan

Feb 21, 2011
    Star Wars: The Prequel Trilogy: Trailer Music

Are there any mp3s out there for all of the prequel trilogy trailers that has the score music exactly as heard in the trailers ? Or can someone edit them that way ? Because I love the music edits of the trailers

4. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    What happened to Qui-Gon's lightsaber?

5. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Obi-Wan used it in Rogue Planet, set 3 years after TPM, but that's the last we see of it, IIRC. Sometime after that is when he built the saber we see in AOTC.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  6. Alienware

Alienware Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2013
    How long was Anakin gone from Padme before the start of RotS? He must have planted his seed (heh) and then return before the belly would be visible (as is the case when they meet for the 1st time it RotS). I'm thinking 2-3 months tops, right? Wrong?

7. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    In the EU, it's 5 months (that's when Anakin left for the Outer Rim Sieges).

Given how little time RoTS takes place over, and how Luke and Leia don't look especially premature- they need to have had a reasonable amount of time to grow before Padme's labor was induced near the end of RoTS.

The RoTS novel is the source:

p173
    "Five months." It was almost a moan. "Five months - how could they do that to us?"
    He rested his cheek lightly on the crown of her head. "If the Chancellor hadn't been kidnapped, I'd still be out there. I'm almost - it's terrible to say it, but I'm grateful. I'm glad he was kidnapped. It's like it was all arranged just to bring me home again ..."

Alienware likes this.
  8. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    Is Padme aware that Anakin is the Chosen One?

I don't remember anything from the movies...but was curious if it was touched upon in the novelizations?

9. Yondo Kuromu

Yondo Kuromu Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 18, 2013
    Is a n00b trophy a condescending insult or just a label to tell everyone I'm a noob? I don't mind being called a noob, I mind getting the award by doing something dumb. I am dumb already, so being reminded of it everyday is kinda demoralizing.

Pensivia and Ananta Chetan like this.
  10. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    Welcome Yondo!
    No, its a playful way of welcoming new members. Go to the top of the page and click on the "Help" menu and under that click on "Trophies". It lists the ones that are rewarded and gives an explanation. You will find that TFN is very welcoming to new members, as I can say from my own experience since joining 2 months ago. Enjoy yourself. :)

11. Yondo Kuromu

Yondo Kuromu Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 18, 2013
    Thanks. Also, how do I block people?

Where do we place "funny videos"?

Sorry for not putting this in the previous comment.

12. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
  13. brynn

brynn Jedi Youngling

Oct 21, 2013
    Hey:) Just joined, forgive me if somebody has already asked this but I've just re watched the films and I am dying to know your opinion on who is the most powerful force sensitive/lightsaber wielding being within the prequel films? I say force sensitive as I wish to include sith and Jedi alike. Here's a list going from my calculations:)...
    1- Yoda: My guessing is that he fled the battle with Palpatine deliberately..Yoda knew Padme was pregnant (Either by his all knowing knowledge or by Anakins meetings) and knew he couldn't risk being killed as one day he may have to train the child? And in fact could have defeated Sidious if he continued the duel.

2 Sidious: Can't really say much about him other can he fought
    Off Yoda, killed mace, kit fisto and two other jedi.

2- Mace: Basically, it is said that he is one of the most skilled swordsman ever to live, he killed one of the universes most notorious bounty hunters, and stood toe to toe with Sidious.

3- Obi Wan: Obi wan defeated Maul when he was a padawan, when jin, a master could not..defeated grievous, and defeated Vaded, arguably in his prime (referring to episode 3)

4- Luke: defeated vader, without extensive training...yet I feel cannot come above obi wan due to vader not being in his so called prime.

5- Dooku: Defeated both anakin and obi wan (episode 2) and held off Yoda without dying, worthy of 5th?

6-Maul- defeated jin

7-Jin- defeated by maul.

Sorry it seemed rushed towards the end! I need to go to work haha. I know I have missed out se Jedi/sith such as ki adi mundi ect...but I just wanted to focus on the main characters:)

Cheers man! Bryn.

14. Master Jedi Macen Arren

Master Jedi Macen Arren Jedi Master star 2

Apr 16, 2013
    Brynn you should read the prequel thread on here, some interesting debates on the Lightsaber fights scenes. If I where to say it would be

1) Sidious - According (as I've just found out) to Lucas he was pretty much unbeatable.

2) Anakin - Chosen one and he killed Dooku, only guy who could kill Sidious

3) Yoda - Probably the most skilled Jedi

4) Maul - His expertise was the Lightsaber

5) Mace - You don't get 2nd baddest Jedi for nothing

6) Dooku - As you say held off Anakin, Obi-Wan and Yoda (but the latter was only just)

15. brynn

brynn Jedi Youngling

Oct 21, 2013
    A quick question about the arrest of Sidious......
    Mace Windu brought with him to his chambers three other Jedi...Kit Fisto and two others (I cannot remember their names) and it always irritates me how quicly they all die! I mean surely, no matter how powerful Sidious is, a Jedi Knight could hold him off for a least a while? Especially three of them!...From my knowledge of the universe (However wrong or right this may be) Shouldn't the three Jedi have been able to arrest Sidious without Mace? Three jedi knights against one sith lord? Instead immediately afters Sidious attacks in that spinning motion he kills two of them! as if they are completely useless. Kit Fisto lasts a bit longer, but not by any means a length of time that does the character any justice!...what are your thoughts on this? and would you think the arrest would have gone differently if say the two jedi accompanying Mace (Instead of the other two) were for example Ki-Adi Mundi and Aayla Secura?

16. Master Jedi Macen Arren

Master Jedi Macen Arren Jedi Master star 2

Apr 16, 2013
    Basically it boils down to this, Lucas said that only Anakin is good enough to defeat Sidious. So who ever went to arrest Sidious it would have been the same outcome (Although I do not agree with it, it is was Lucas said). Plus the more Jedi present to more difficult it would be to take out one guy, think of the space they have to take a swing. In a small office there's little room for maneouver, considering how close they where to each other it pretty much means they had no room to operate in, hence why Sidious was able to take full advantage. The fight only becomes more difficult for Sidious when it's one on one.

17. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    The fact that Sidious was able to dispatch three Jedi in about eight seconds was Lucas' way of showing just how powerful Sidious is. It's unfortunate that the sequence was so poorly edited, however.

Alienware likes this.
  18. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I've never really had an issue with Sidious slaughtering the rest of the arrest party, because the whole "these guys are way too tough to go down like that" thing is largely dependent on the EU.

19. Alessandro Sanfilippo

Alessandro Sanfilippo Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 16, 2013
    What would had happen if Mace finds Bobba after he decapitates Jango?

Would he have taken care of the boy, left him to die or kill him?

20. Darth Dominikkus

Darth Dominikkus Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2013
    I don't think he would have known boba's identity in that situation, they barely even know who Jango was at the time and figuring out his identity.

21. Alessandro Sanfilippo

Alessandro Sanfilippo Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 16, 2013
    If you cut some dudes head, and then see some kid running to the dude woudlnt you assume it is kid? and you just killed his father?

22. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Mace and the other Jedi were already out of the arena by the time Boba came down to find his father's corpse.

Darth Dominikkus likes this.
  23. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Its not like the battle ended when Jango lost his noggin.;)

24. akrunner

akrunner Jedi Padawan

Dec 16, 2012
    Despite the fact Anakin landed half the ship on a runway it still took out a huge control tower obliterating it, and the debris from the other half of the ship would have rained down on Coruscant, possibly killing thousands of residents and untold damage. And what about all the other debris from the battle in the atmosphere.

25. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Force knows why I answer these questions:

1. If you accept the novel, the landing field was no longer used and hence the tower was empty. If you believe otherwise, I have no answer.
    2. Umm...I assume most of the debris burned up in the atmosphere. If not, well, that's just an outcome of a battle over civilians...