main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Books Comics A/V One Sentence or Less -- ANDOR (SEASON 1)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CooperTFN, Sep 18, 2012.

1. patchworkz7

patchworkz7 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 26, 2004

Did the early concept art for Ahsoka have her in tights? I think the book was written before the start of the cartoon itself since book publishing tends to run about a year ahead. ISTR early pictures of her without the tights.*

Even with the tights, the ship was still being actively worked on, and I think Pellaeon was taking issue with the dangers of exposed flesh and non-regulation uniforms around machinery, sparks from welding, and whatever else come with being on a ship still being refitted.

*I just made the mistake of doing a Google Image search to try and offer a more informed opinion and now I feel skeevy. Come on! I wasn't even aiming for the weird part of the internet!

CT-867-5309 and Revanfan1 like this.
  2. Grey1

Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group star 4 VIP

Nov 21, 2000
    No Prisoners: Karen Traviss builds her own Jedi Order, with Black Jack and... no, I won't go there.

RC-1991, Darth_Garak and Gorefiend like this.
  3. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Todd the Jedi takes this round.

Remember how I said we'd get to something most people had actually read after the TCW stuff?

[​IMG]

I didn't say that most had enjoyed it.

CooperTFN likes this.
  4. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    You monster.

This book spends a substantial page count detailing Han and Leia preventing Kessel from exploding -- while its moon curiously never did! -- in a subplot that, like the series, went nowhere.

Jeff_Ferguson likes this.
  5. Ordo N-11

Ordo N-11 Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 28, 2013
    In which, Aaron Allston decided that the most logical way to fit Wedge into a book about GA politics and the military was to try to blow up Kessel.

6. DarthRelaxus

DarthRelaxus Chosen One star 5

Apr 23, 2007
    Oh good, another series with one word titles and boring cover art.

CaptainPeabody and Gamiel like this.
  7. Hoss Delgado

Hoss Delgado Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 24, 2013
    Well, except for that one time it actually did:

[​IMG]

8. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    "Let's banish the greatest Jedi and hero we have, that'll go well," the writers said, and the disappointment begins anew, this time with Kessel!

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  9. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Turns out Kel Dor aren't much prettier without the masks.

Random Comments likes this.
  10. Big Fat'Lya

Big Fat'Lya Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 16, 2013
    Democracy dead-end disaster? Dare to be Daala!

Random Comments and CooperTFN like this.
  11. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Jedi Gone Wild, Part 1.

12. windu4

windu4 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2008
    If they're going to make another story centered around the Big 3 they mine as well call it Outlast.

(I apologize.)

13. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Despite the cover, we don't get the beginning of an awesome story where the heroes visit monochromatic cities.

14. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    Turns out that making the next Chief of State a brain damaged one-eyed anti-Jedi former war criminal was a bad idea guys.

15. Parnesius

Parnesius Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 8, 2012
    Luke accepts exile in a demonstration of the Jedi Order's humility and responsibility, allowing the Council to develop out of his shadow, and takes off on a father-son-bonding road trip to meet and learn from the more esoteric Force traditions while Han, Leia, their granddaughter and the droids vacation on (that is, save) Kessel with a bunch of old friends; with the Big Three out of their hair, the Jedi confront an outbreak of highly specific insanity within their number, setting in motion both an intriguing mystery and a complex centrepiece to the vital and surely inevitable re-negotiation of the Jedi Order-Galactic Alliance relationship; all in all, after the sound and fury of Legacy of the Force, Outcast sets Fate of the Jedi on course to be a smaller, more personal series that intelligently explores the preceding melodrama's aftermath and grants the next generation space to grow into heroes capable of standing on their own two feet -- what can possibly go wrong?

16. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    "This time, it's going to be different -- I know it will," Aaron Allston breathed in the tones of a man pleading with reality, "because my co-authors can't completely ruin my unexpectedly good job of salvaging their misguided premises with a reasonably promising opening novel twice in a row . . . can they?"

17. Zorkel567

Zorkel567 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2010
    Luke Skywalker, hero of the galaxy, leader of the Jedi is made an outcast by war criminal, terrorist, criminal, murderess, Chief of State Daala and goes on a journey to follow Jacen's steps that quickly goes off the railes and sets off a chain of events including a Planet of Sith, weird extraterrestrial being less cool than Waru, forced The Clone Wars tie ins, and slaves.

Gamiel likes this.
  18. patchworkz7

patchworkz7 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 26, 2004

What's up with the potato the size of the Death Star?

19. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    That's a baked bean stuck to the lens.

20. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    So many possible one liners, um, let's see...

The list of problems with the premise of this novel/series (Daala as Chief of State, Luke being kicked off Coruscant by Daala, young Jedi being focused on only so they can go crazy and traumatize parents such as Mirax Terrik, that ludicrous scene where Luke "negotiates" his exile, etc.) would probably be longer than this first novel.

21. CommanderDrenn

CommanderDrenn Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 19, 2013
    The hero becomes a bad guy for no reason and nothing happens

TKT and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  22. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    I believe it's supposed to be Kessel, which looks smaller due to perspective.

My point about the moon not exploding is that the moon is mysteriously restored despite having previously been destroyed by the Death Star prototype.
    Is it being charitable to call both Betrayal and Outcast promising, or am I overly cynical?

23. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Do we have a dislike button? I want to dislike Hav's straw-grasping Allston apologizing. He knows damn well this book was terrible and not at all promising. Anyway, my entry:

How to write an awful book that kicks off a nine-volume series with dragged out, pointless plots that will have no effect on anything that comes later; no actual villains; a genocidal war criminal written as a sympathetic character; and nothing at all to get the reader excited about the next eight books... 101.

24. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011
    The best novel of a terrible series.

25. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    I seriously doubt that any author would really know that his book was bad (which it isn't, BTW); no author wants to believe that. Even Denning probably believes his books are well-written.

I think they were both very good (except the end of Betrayal), actually. The rest of the series went downhill but there was some good here and there.