main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Oya manda!: The Mandalorian/Republic Commando Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by The_Mandalorian_, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Eh, I can imagine that some of the Mandalores would have taken the title to enforce petty grudges. They just aren't as remembered. The Mandalore who ruled for a short period after The Ultimate's demise was a rather useless man who used HK-47 to do his dirty work.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  2. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Unremembered Mandalores
    Mandalore the Quite Mad
    Mandalore the Petty
    Mandalore the Fat
    Mandalore the Lame and Lisp
    Medium Sized Mandalore
    Mandalore Not-as-Big-as-Medium-Sized-Mandalore-but-Bigger-than-Wee-Mandalore
    Mandalore My God She's Heavy (I & II)
    Mandalore What The Hell's That Bantha Doing In Here

Iron_lord and Ordo N-11 like this.
  3. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    But the whole point of Death Watch is that they're ruthless and they care more about combat–and killing–than they do about the Resol'nare, and they respect strength above anything, even adherence to culture. It's why Maul didn't use the Force; he was showing them that he was stronger than Vizsla, and this is what made them follow him. Bo-Katan and the Nite Owls were more True Mandalorian than Death Watch–more brutal in their previous appearance in Season 4, yes, but they were definitely depicted as the "True Mandalorians" in TCW–which is why Bo-Katan cared more about having a Mandalorian leader than a strong one, and her followers agreed; meanwhile, the other Death Watch members cared only about strength and violence; they saw a good fight and the other guy won, so they followed him instead. They can definitely pose a threat to the Kalevalans; stupidity doesn't make them weak. They're still brutal and strong fighters. Just not honorable or, in many cases, terribly intelligent.

4. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Just like real life terrorist

5. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
  6. Ordo N-11

Ordo N-11 Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 28, 2013
    According to the Wook, in order to be a true Mandalorian you had to adhere to the Resol'nare, the six tenets of Mandalorian culture.

Also, according to Kal Skirata, you couldn't be in the Death Watch,either.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  7. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Do we know how long the True Mandolorians and Death Watch fractions have existed? And how long they have existed in their pre-clone war form?

8. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    According to Prime Minister Almec you couldn't be a warrior and be a Mandalorian. :p

True Mandalorians, Death Watch, New Mandalorians - to me they are all real Mandalorians in one way or another. Some, *cough* I like more than others

Do you really think he didn't use the Force though? Not even to aid his speed, his reaction time, his awareness of where Vizsla was and what he was doing?

Outwardly he didn't use a Force push or the like but there is no way he didn't use the Force in some way. For the other Mandalorians not toe realize this is a little silly.

Ordo N-11 likes this.
  9. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    I believe about 500-700 years.

I had considered that. It is possible that he did strengthen himself, enhance his speed, and so on with the Force. Otherwise he wouldn't have been able to duck those two razor disks that Pre fired at him, most likely.

10. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    The New Mandalorians have been around for approximately 700 years. Elements of Death Watch like dissenters have existed for nearly as long as the New Mandalorians have been around, in opposition to their new ways, but the actual Death Watch was formed around 60 BBY by Tor Vizsla. The True Mandalorians came into existence around the same time as the Death Watch, formed in response to their enemies unification under the Death Watch banner.

11. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    More unremembered Mandalores
    Mandalore the Trader
    Mandalore Peacemaker
    Mandalore afraid of his Basilisk
    Mandalore Friend-maker
    Mandalore the Peaceful
    Mandalore Longtrader
    Mandalore Jedi-pal
    Mandalore Road builder

Ordo N-11 likes this.
  12. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Don't forget Mandalore the Drunk! Er, sorry.

13. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Nha, he is remembered. It is Mandalore the Very Drunk they don't want to remember

Ordo N-11 and Revanfan1 like this.
  14. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    So, anyone have any funny ideas about what real-life candy bars Mereel bought in that candy store? For example, the "candied bofa fruit" I imagine as chocolate-covered blueberries. The warra nut cookies I imagine as oatmeal cookies or something like that. Or the Igatli cookies that Nyreen baked for Skirata in 501st, I imagined as no-bake cookies, except smaller.

Gamiel, Robimus and Ordo N-11 like this.
  15. Ordo N-11

Sep 28, 2013

I like to imagine Mereel buying big bags of Mike & Ikes and M&Ms. :p

Robimus and Revanfan1 like this.
  16. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    I love Mike & Ikes! Although I personally always pictured him with a Crunch! bar. ;)

Ordo N-11 and Robimus like this.
  17. Ordo N-11

Sep 28, 2013

I just realized that the Crunch! bar slogan is "For the Kid in You."!

Revanfan1 likes this.
  18. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012

Who preferred to be known as "Mandalore the I Just Get These Headaches." ;)

Gamiel likes this.
  19. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Is there any diagram (the right word?) that show the evolution of the mandalorian armour? Or something like that?

Dark-Fox likes this.
  20. Dark-Fox

Dark-Fox Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 28, 2008
    Good discussion point Gamiel! I like the old KotOR Mandalorian Crusader armour and how that evolved into the more recognisable armour worn by Shae Vizla a few hundred years later. I'd like to see the armours through the ages.

21. Mandalore The Uniter

Mandalore The Uniter Jedi Master star 2

Jul 17, 2007

True Mandalorian and Deathwatch factions are relatively new in the grand scheme of Mandalorian history. After the Mandalorian Excision of 738bby, the remaining warrior-based Clans who fled Mandalore or where located around the Galaxy set up a network called "The Faithful". It was this network of Clans who would crown new Mandalores known as "True Mandalores", and the Clans would secretly swear loyalty to these "True Mandalores", while the leader of the New Mandalorians was seen as the "Anti Mandalore". Around 200 years before the Clone Wars, the Faithful began to fracture internally. It started with the Mandalorian's decimation of the Ithullian race, and continued when some of the Faithful adopted the name "True Mandalorians" and began to dictate how Mandalorians should earn their credits. The final straw happened around 30 years before TCW, when Jaster Mareel was chosen as the True Mandalore. This is when Death Watch formed and broke away from the Faithful, with Death Watch being led by the "Secret Mandalore".

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  22. Mandalore The Uniter

Jul 17, 2007

The early Taung wore custom-made suits, with war chiefs and clan leaders having sets that were made from reforged ancestral armor and helmets resembling their faces. For the most part, the early Crusader armor was shaped by individualism and clan tradition.

Then we have the Neo Crusaders, who came about when non-Taung were admitted to the clans. This type of armor was more sleek, uniform, and could be adapted to fit a multitude of species. Rank was also denoted by armor color, which is why you can find images of armor colored solid red, blue, gold, and silver but not really combinations of several colors.

After the Neo Crusaders (post-Malachor V), Mandos went back to the pre-Neo Crusader ways of cobbling together suits from ancient/stolen/ancestral armors.

Mandalore the Uniter restarted the mass production of armor, but personal preferences continued to determine the choice of weapons and armor and thus their battle styles, techniques, and strengths. While allowing for the individuality, the Uniter created a new order of shocktroopers more mobile than Neo-Crusaders. This armor was more stripped down and lighter, and the Uniter's armor remains the basis for that worn by modern-day Mandos. ;)

You can read all about it in Bounty Hunter Code.

Ordo N-11, Dark-Fox, Zeta1127 and 2 others like this.
  23. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    A wealth of awesome information Talon. ^:)^

I have my Bounty Hunter Code on order! :D

[​IMG]

24. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Gracias but do we have any images of how the armour have evolved?

25. Mandalore The Uniter

Jul 17, 2007
    I was blessed to get a copy sent from Jason Fry. There's a large amount of armor info in there that I helped out with in the collaboration phase, most of which revolves around the individual pieces. Two pieces I am very fond of are the "Bes'lovik" or iron knees, a name which came about as a nickname from Karen Traviss for the metal knee in my left leg. The other piece is the Ka'rta Beskar or "iron heart" chest diamond. I have an old tradition of saving the chest diamond for last when I craft a set of Mando armor for someone, because I've always felt it is the symbol for the indomitable iron heart of the Mandalorian.

You'll also find the names of ALL pieces of modern mando armor, which means we now have a complete accounting of armor where Karen was never able to finish that. This came about because Jason wanted to envision the armor similar to Knight's armor during the renaissance. I sat down and poured over Karen Traviss' mando dictionary and came up with a naming scheme for each piece, Jason then wanted to divide them right/left-beskad/kal-sword/knife.

It worked out well because we were able to finally complete the armor list Karen had started.