main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions How Many Jedi Were Alive at the Time of Order 66?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Red.Two, Aug 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red.Two

Red.Two Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 25, 2012
    Has there ever been a reference to the number of Jedi alive when Order 66 came down? Did Jedi number in the dozens? Hundreds? Thousands?

2. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Wookieepedia gives 200 as a ballpark figure for the immediate aftermath of Order 66.

I think TPM (novel) gives 10,000 as the normal number of Knights & Masters.

I don't know how big a gap if any there was between the death rate and promotion rate during the war- but it would surprise me if there weren't at least a few thousand to be killed during Order 66.

3. Red.Two

Red.Two Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 25, 2012
    Thanks!

What I'm really trying to do is get a rough idea of how many Jedi besides Ben & Yoda may have survived the purge and scattered themselves to the stars for an rpg I'm running. I mean, clearly Mace did, they just haven't revealed it yet. ;)

4. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    200-odd is a good starting point- though a large proportion of those may be Padawans, Agri-Corps members, etc.

Red.Two likes this.
  5. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Reading the Purge comic series, the Dark Times comic series and the Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader novel might be a good start.

Red.Two likes this.
  6. thebeanpole

thebeanpole Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 11, 2013
    I agree. Given the fact that probably at least several hundred Jedi (if not more) were in the presence of the clone troopers when Order 66 was initiated, that leaves very little survival chances with most of those Jedi and the good majority were probably killed in the first minute or so of Order 66. Then of course there was the Temple massacre, and I always figured that since the Jedi were the leaders of the war anyways the GAR probably had many of their locations pinpointed. Kill squads of Clones were probably sent right in to deal with the Jedi who hadn't been killed immediately, and of course as far as the stragglers go a lot were hunted down and killed by Vader's special ops units in the 501st Legion.

7. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    I remember seeing ROTS in theaters and being disappointed Quinlan Vos did not appear in the Order 66 scenes.
    Rumors had it he would appear in ROTS, but sadly he did not.

8. thebeanpole

Aug 11, 2013

Yeah, it's a shame. He was always a favorite of mine. Honestly by the time ROTS came around it seems like Lucas wasn't interested in showing us any new Jedi for the most part, unless for some reason I'm forgetting something. All of the Jedi we see in the Order 66 sequence had already had screen time in the previous two.

I guess it kind of makes sense, because otherwise they would have had to show Vos once or twice quickly so the audience would know his character a little. It would have been kind of bizarre (to the average movie audience, at least) to just throw this random dude into the Order 66 sequence who no one had ever seen before.

General Immodet likes this.
  9. General Valerian

General Valerian Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 6, 2013
    We're getting an EP7, though. ;)

10. thebeanpole

Aug 11, 2013
    This is true.

11. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    That said, because he didn't appear he survived :p

General Immodet likes this.
  12. twowolves

twowolves Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2013
    How many of them hid in the Unknown Regions, I wonder?

13. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    Given that the Chiss consider the Unknown Regions to be their backyard, I have to imagine any Jedi they found there would probably be either handed back to the Empire or killed resisting capture.

14. twowolves

twowolves Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2013
    Depends on where in the Unknown Regions we're talking...

15. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Was it ever exactly said how much of the Jedi survived Order 66?

16. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Randy Stradley referenced it on the Dark Horse messageboards, according to Wookieepedia.

On following the link, the precise quote was:

As has been established by Lucasfilm, about 200 Jedi (about 2.5% of the total number) survived Order 66. So far Dark Times has killed off quite a number of the survivors -- if you count Master Mahn and the younglings who died in issue #6. A bunch more died in "Purge." But don't expect Dark Times to be a chronicle of Vader hunting down surviving Jedi. It ain't gonna happen. There might be some of that action, but it will never become the raison d'ĂȘtre for the series. While a lot of attention has been focused on K'Kruhk and his new charges, you might have noticed that half of the story is about a group of completely normal galactic citizens...

Team Padme likes this.
  17. thebadge

thebadge Jedi Master star 4

Mar 15, 2002
    In the Clone Wars Cartoons, SNIPS take a stand knowing herself innocent. She flies off to unknown space (Anakin and Obi should have gone with
    her, not like Anakin who as Obi says "Anakin is Loyal to People" this Padawan is family to him.

I realize the main plot needs Anakin, but to offer her her cut Padawan braid was not enough for me.

Please let Ahsoka live and be a very powerful roque Jedi. Maybe she can come back and help during this trilogy.

Would love to see her kill 2nd/servant Sith Lord who is crushing Luke's son. Thus Luke meets her and shows her everything

at the Jedi Temple and come to an agreement. I am not a cartoon guy, but cute and powerful trained from the ground up

at the old Jedi Temple. No doubt to me she is alive and very very powerful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.