main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Harrison Ford Unsure about Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by sluggo1313., Oct 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Momotaros

Momotaros Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2013
    As I said you can believe them if you want. I just choose not too. I will wait for a source I trust better like a Hollywood trade site. Before I jump up and down for excitement.

2. CryGoneGin

CryGoneGin Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 28, 2013

This is all awesome and such, but what has me freaking out is the mention of Indiana Jones 5's fate as part of the deal. But I'll go into detail on this in the Indy 5 Still In The Cards? thread...

3. TheTwinSuns

TheTwinSuns Jedi Master star 3

Apr 26, 2013
    That's great. I'm not jumping to excitement, I'm just taking it with a grain of salt. That's obviously the safest choice.

Echo-07 likes this.
  4. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Great news if true. I'd honestly be more excited to see Indy again than Han.

5. Momotaros

Aug 13, 2013
    No problem with you either way. I'm just taking a caution approach. I'm in a good mood today any ways. My 49ers are crushing the Jaqs. [face_laugh]

6. TheTwinSuns

TheTwinSuns Jedi Master star 3

Apr 26, 2013
    I'm an Eagles fan. Yeah.

7. Momotaros

Aug 13, 2013
    Sorry about your Eagles today,man. Always next week.

8. Beezer

Beezer Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2013
    After Indy 4? Ugh. I wouldn't mind if we never see the leather jacket and fedora ever again. The only thing I would like about a 5th Indy would be the chance to get rid of the sour taste in my mouth following the last one.

Echo-07 and gambit420 like this.
  9. Darth Cornish

Darth Cornish Jedi Grand Master star 1

Nov 7, 2000
    Indy is cool - I don't think anyone would disagree, but for many of us older fans Han Solo will always be the man!
    I was fully expecting a 20 minute's worth cameo role from Harrison, the idea that Han might appear in the whole trilogy - made my day!

Echo-07 and Skywalker Thing like this.
  10. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I believe you would be correct. And also rather rational.

AL likes this.
  11. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Yep, it's true. I went to an action movie directed by Spielberg and had a good time. Crazy old me.

12. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    I love Indy 4 as much as the other ones. Come at me internet.

I hope this new rumor is true. I was thinking worst case scenario like a lot of others, a script rewrite because Ford backed out.

13. Lando Swarm

Lando Swarm Jedi Master star 2

Aug 9, 2013
    This exactly. Harrison Ford ventures across various exotic locales, rides around on vehicles, survives implausible situations, searches for treasure, and battles nefarious villians, all delivered with the charm, warmth, and tone of the previous Indy movies.

What more can you ask for from an Indiana Jones film? What were people expecting from Crystal Skull that they didn't recieve? I have no idea.

14. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Maybe we will get an announcement on the 30th after all.....as for Indy 5 at least it's a chance to redeem themselves .......

Ryus likes this.
  15. JediGirl_Angelina

JediGirl_Angelina Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 12, 2003
    For the last time, they NEVER claimed the Egyptian themed set was for Star Wars. Their source said there was a set like that at the studio about which SOME PEOPLE believed it was for Star Wars but it obviously wasn't.

Echo-07 and Ryus like this.
  16. AL

AL Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 22, 1998
    Fair enough. And this should be the norm anyway.

For what it's worth, it was Hollywood Reporter who was going to break the Benedict Cumberbatch info.

JediGirl_Angelina likes this.
  17. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    Veloz and Carbon1985 like this.
  18. BenduHopkins

BenduHopkins Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    I liked it a lot! Maybe tied with Last Crusade for 3rd best, but all the Indy movies are great because of the story, director, composer and star.

SuperPersch likes this.
  19. Bob Octa

Bob Octa Jedi Knight star 2

May 6, 2013
    Although the vine-swinging and much of the third act is considered subpar in my circles, I loved Crystal Skull, too. I'm in a weird position where Temple of Doom is my flawed favorite, yet consider Raiders to be a masterpiece (I know, an incredibly controversial minority opinion). I have a greater affinity for the pulpier elements of Doom--especially the over-the-top dark sorcery stuff--but I can't deny Raiders is cinematic perfection. It hasn't been easy trying to resolve that dissonance. But overall, I love them all.

Mystery_Roach likes this.
  20. BowtiesAreCool

BowtiesAreCool Jedi Padawan

Nov 2, 2012
    If I had to choose I'd say Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is the weakest but it's still a fun movie. The negative hyperbole that surrounds it is out of control.

But I digress...if this rumor has any truth to it, I'm excited. However I wouldn't be surprised if Solo was killed off at some point in the trilogy.

21. Carbon1985

Carbon1985 Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 23, 2013
  22. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    It makes me sad to say this, but I don't really care for another Indy either. Not that I hated Indy 4 or anything, but it didn't leave me wanting more, unlike the first three.
    However, seeing Captain Solo back in action will be a treat, since whatever faults Indy 4 had have nothing to do with Ford's performance!

Carbon1985 likes this.
  23. Carbon1985

Carbon1985 Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 23, 2013

I am in the same boat when it comes to Indiana Jones. The reason I want more SW movies is there is always more story to tell, as you can take plotline anywhere with so many different characters. Indiana Jones movies are essentially standalone movies like James Bond, that aren't telling more of a story to add on to the others.

I'm anxious to see how Ford plays Han Solo in this one, as I am trying to think of cool characters in movies that actors played later on when they were older? Dirty Harry was filmed in 1971 and the Dead Pool was filmed in 1988, as Eastwood still played it cool even as an older cop. Any others people can think of?

24. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Yes, unfortunately. But, we probably shouldn't discuss Escape From LA.

klooney and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  25. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    Actually I am an "older" fan. I am 35 and grew up in the 80s with the OT. I love Han Solo and am as die hard of a Star Wars fan as there is. To me Indy is Harrison's better role of the two. Again, Han is a great charactor too. But to me Star Wars is more about the Luke and Vader characters, and what the draw to Star Wars is for me. Star Wars is also much more of an ensemble cast type of movie. Whereas, for Indiana Jones its all about the title character.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.