main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars Chronological Order (TCW Episodes & Viewing Orders)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by han_solo_321, Feb 4, 2009.

1. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I was planning on doing something similar. I keep having to put if off though. :(

2. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    RL comes first ... don't ask me why.

Darkslayer likes this.
  3. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

Clovis was meant to be before the S5 finale. It was made for S4, but pushed back and back...

Exactly. I hoped we would see that in the new TCW.

4. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    So are the 22 BBY, 21 BBY, and 20 BBY separations in the same place?

Basically, is "Senate Spy" the first 21 BBY episode, and is "A War on Two Fronts" the first 20 BBY episode? I am going to buy the book but not for another week or so.

pronker and Trebor Sabreon like this.
  5. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I'd be interested to hear if the book confirms this, as well.

6. Jedi-Master-Vader

Jedi-Master-Vader Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jan 29, 2003
    The book gives no confirmation.

Trebor Sabreon and 07jonesj like this.
  7. DarthMarino

DarthMarino Jedi Master star 2

Jul 18, 2002
    With the recent announcement of Season 5 on Blu-Ray and DVD as well finally seeing the official order of the episodes, I thought I would put together a cheat sheet to help watch the episodes in order on disc. It's in Excel for now but the picture below shows what it looks like. The arrows on the left indicate how many consecutive episodes you can watch before having to veer from the Blu-Ray order. I had to take a guess on what episodes are on what discs for Season 5 but I will update it when it is released. If someone has the DVD's, I can also make a variation for that. Message me if you would like the file or have suggestions to improve it.

[​IMG]

8. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    That's really cool. And boy, it really serves to illustrate how much cooler things would be if the new box set gives us the episodes in chronological order.

Still no word on that, as of yet?

9. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    I took a break from chronological watching, but with the bonus content news and the season 5 blu-ray announcement, I've resumed. I was pleased to find that the last episode I had watched was "Hunt for Ziro", so I appropriately took a break just as the time jump occurred. "Heroes on Both Sides" kicked things off, and I have to say that Senate Murders is far better with Heroes on Both Sides and Pursuit of Peace preceding it.

With the Nightsisters and Savage arcs, its interesting to see sort of a passing of the torch when it comes to half-series spanning villains. The Ziro the Hutt and Cad Bane stories now very much feel like one of the big season spanning stories that came to a head in Hunt for Ziro, and now from here on out Savage and Maul are the secondary villains causing trouble. Dooku, Ventress and Grievous, meanwhile, are much more series spanning villains. However, Ventress's affiliation changes at this mid-point, making her feel like less of an extension of Dooku and more of a new villain.

The Shadow Emperor and pronker like this.
  10. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012

Really?! Oh, well... yes, it does make more sense if the 3 Banking Bill episodes are watching in order, but out of such order they feel like a middle finger to our time.

Yesss... Ziro. I am shocked that Lucas felt the need to go back to this guy and have 3 more episodes about him after we already have much more important villains hating Padme like Gunray, Grievous and many others.
    Basically, every 2nd person in the Star Wars universe's rogues gallery hates Padme. I would have loved more time spent on Gunray's relationship with Padme and not waste time on a character that is not in ROTS.

Awesome chart! Thank you...

11. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

I think Padme rivals Obi-Wan in the amount of enemies she has :p Both appear to have quite a few characters that have a grudge against them and swear revenge against...

I can't think of any people that Anakin and Ahsoka have that are personal rivals that actually want them dead.

12. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Its funny to watch Senate Murders on its own, like we originally had. The bill they refer to has...well, little importance to the episode's main plot. After that little meeting, when we find out that the bill passed, I don't mind skipping to the next episode... Don't get me wrong, Halle Burtoni was a cool character to watch, as was Mee Deechi (which triggered the Krell arc). But its too difficult to watch Thrill-Seeking-Senators. [face_sick] Honestly, I like to watch A Friend In Need after Senate Murders, disregarding the time jump, because thematically they're related. What with the peace conference and the reintroduction of Mr. Bonteri...

Poor Dan. I know you don't like Evil Plans, but if there's any good in the episode, its the chronological introduction of the heads of the five Hutt families. But the rest, Hostage Crisis and Hunt for Ziro, is pure SW goodness. I enjoyed watching Anakin without his lightsaber against Cad Bane! It also seems like a situation that Palpatine never anticipated: his own power-stronghold was momentarily in the control of a mere bounty hunter. We all know it aint no thang for Big Bad Palps, but it was funny to see him temporarily bow to someone with the upper hand. And I looooooved Sy Snootles and the homage to Temple of Doom. Thankfully it was a short homage. And who didn't love seeing Obi facing Bane again? That was sweet!

And the cherry on top: Mama the Hutt. "Mister Fancy-Pants." Ha!

Edit: Oh, and Dan, while I agree to more Gunray-trying-to-destroy-Padme, I think by the point of the Geonosian arena, he threw up his hands and accepted that Padme is the luckiest, most un-kill-able ***** in the universe. And knowing that his plans to kill her will never succeed (ROTS), I'm not sure we'd enjoy the situation. Like when Tamson tried to kill Padme by crushing her helmet. No danger there, Padme brought her plot armor. But srsly, more Gunray, I love that guy.

13. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007

Mama .. and her headdress of toops, ick ...

14. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012

Indeed. The bill is barely mentioned and it is passed after Farr dies.

I love Mee Deechi. His death linked to the Umbara arc was a nice nod, but needed to be referenced more in the Umbara arc itself. But I like how one little episode like "Senate Murders" sparked the giant and much discussed Umbara arc. An arc that gave us really epic machines like the Umbaran tanks and ships.

I know, I know, but I do not care for the Hutt Families as much. The rest was epic SW goodness, but the introduction of the Families could have been done in "Hunt for Ziro" and not waste an episode on cake and loose references. I remember when Filoni released a promo video about Season 3 and teased about 3PO being protocol droid to the emissary of the Manakron system. The system was just referenced and I thought it was gonna be a big deal like a hidden place that nobody knew about during the War. But no... just a mumble from 3PO.

Obi-Wan vs Cad Bane was nice indeed.

Sy Snootles even made it into the show, but most of my beloved CIS leaders did not, especially Tikkes. AND THAT GARDULLA INTRODUCTION - to hell with anyone who decided that we needed her fat butt on the show, but ignore all the Separatist Leaders.

Mama the Hutt was a joy!

What Season One of TCW showed us was that Gunray still wants Padme dead and that needed to be show more and be reference and see Anakin's reaction to Gunray so we could see better why he saved Gunray for last in ROTS.

But yes, MORE GUNRAY!!!!

Nobody can rival Padme in the enemies she has. Sure, Obi-Wan has Grievous and Maul and Darts D'Nar and others, but so many more for Padme.
    Every season she creates herself 5 new enemies kinda...

pronker likes this.
  15. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

I don't recall Padme making 5 new enemies in Season 5 :p

16. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012

Ok... minus Season Five. But the formula worked so far. She was just cut from Season Five...kinda!

hlc88 likes this.
  17. DarthMarino

Jul 18, 2002
    Here is the updated version of my chronology chart. They actually put "Revival" in the correct order so I made the correction. I also made it so it can be printed on a normal sheet of paper. If anyone wants the original Excel version, just message me.

[​IMG]

18. Guy-Gone_Weird

Guy-Gone_Weird Jedi Master star 2

Jul 28, 2003
    Thanks, this is fantastic! Time for me to start a chronological marathon.

Now that the TCW timeline is generally straightened out (aside from the bonus content), I hope we can definitively place the CW micro-series in as well. I think we all accept that TCW goes between CW Chapter 22's montage and rain planet, with little mess.

Here's hoping that the bonus content is great, but doesn't contradict CW Vol. 2!

19. DarthMarino

Jul 18, 2002
    I've never even considered that it was possible for these two to work together. How do the Ventress and Grievous stories work out? I remember Grievous not being introduced until pretty late in CW. Does the backstory of Ventress in TCW contradict anything with her in CW?

20. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Not that I'm aware. CW provided an introduction for Ventress, who was never given one in TCW, and establishes her relationships with the Sith and Jedi. Otherwise, she just shows up in The Hidden Enemy with Anakin and Obi-Wan already aware of her, no explanation. So IMHO CW is rather helpful to TCW, style- and character-discrepancies aside.

Aaaaand I don't feel like discussing Grievous. Someone else can do that.

Darth Kickass likes this.
  21. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    There is some contradiction between Ventress' back story in the comics and in TCW, in that she was not a Nightsister in the comics. But they kept her history with her Jedi Master, which was IMO the most important aspect of her back story to keep, and they left Rattatak as her home planet. The Nightsister addition did nothing to mess up Ventress' prior back story and IMO added to it.

As far as the micro series, maybe I'm not remembering very well but I thought the only aspect of her background that was addressed was her relationship with Dooku. No contradictions there.

I want the scene where she gives Anakin that scar over his eyebrow, with Nika Futterman voicing her...

Darth Kickass and pronker like this.
  22. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Grievous appears at end of the first half of the micro-series.

23. Darth Kickass

Darth Kickass Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2013
    I consider the scene where Anakin reveals the scar to Padme to be the cut off line between CW and TCW. CW picks back up on the rainy planet and leads right into EP. III. Other than the discrepancy of Anakin flying the wrong Jedi fighter at the wrong time, CW and TCW fit in very well with the Star Wars visual media universe. I did have issue with the chronological order of TCW episodes when I considered the web comics that tied into the episodes to be canon. Pablo Hidalgo himself deemed the comics to be non-canon, though, in a response on SW.com Blog post "Chronicling the Clone Wars". Two of the comics he had written himself that pertained to the Ryloth Arc and the Malevolence arc were in direct contradiction of the timeline presented in Jason Fry's book.

Dark Lord Tarkas and pronker like this.
  24. DarthMarino

Jul 18, 2002
    I'm definitely a "Star Wars Visual Media Universe" kind of guy so this sounds good to me. I can deal with Anakin flying different spaceships that almost look the same. I would still enjoy both on their own if they didn't tie in but it's good to know that I could watch it all as one story.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  25. Guy-Gone_Weird

Guy-Gone_Weird Jedi Master star 2

Jul 28, 2003
    Do we know the canon status of all the TCW tie-ins? A while back we had an expanded media chronology thread, and we managed to fit pretty much all the video games, books, young reader books, comics and webcomics in the corrected chronology of the series. I remember we actually were able to make the webcomics work with the (estimated) order back then, but I don't know how different the official timeline is from what we came up with.

Since then, I know the show contradicted one of the digests about them getting frozen in carbonite for the first time (again), and then they outright adapted the Slaves of the Republic storyline with drastic changes.

I'm actually still hopeful that the fan community can pull together a comprehensive Clone Wars era chronology from all media, now that we know where TCW and the micro-series fit.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.