main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub X-wing Series Fan Club: Home of the Dancing Gamorrean

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Jedi-Knight-Corran, Jul 12, 2004.

1. SWBob

SWBob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 19, 2003
    I played it for a while and then stopped. Course that was when i still payed for my service.

2. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    Just figured you all might be interested that at least someone still likes dogfights in SW games ;) I'll let you guys know how it goes when they actually release it, sounds like it won't be a for a few more months.

3. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    It looks interesting, but I have better things to do than get into TOR, not that want to let alone could, I don't have good enough computer, or mess with Origin. It also looks a little rough to me for some reason, rough as in it needs some fine tuning.

4. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    It's not run with Origin, but I get not having the computer to run it. I've been fighting my internet provider for ages and in the meantime I can barely run TOR. As to it looking rough, it's an MMO, the nature of those games means that they're not as polished as single player games, and as I've said, it's not releasing for a few months so the clips would be from beta testing.

Like I said, I'll let you guys know what it's like once it's out.

5. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    Did someone say free?!

6. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    Shame they backed down on the Mac version of the game after certain key staff members had left otherwise I'd be playing it.

7. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    Sorry to hear that CO. :(

8. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    That's alright, someday I will get to. I don't really have the time for gaming that much at the moment. When I do, it is mainly in short bursts at the moment on the 3DS or Wii U.

9. Rogue9-Horn

Rogue9-Horn Jedi Master star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    What in the world is happening here? So much computer talk! o_O

Did anyone else see you can buy the entire X-Wing series as a pack now on Amazon? They even have it for Kindle (not that I need to buy the entire series again...or maybe I do!?:D )

BultarSwan and Katana_Sundancer like this.
  10. Rogue9-Horn

Aug 3, 2004
    Double post[face_peace]

11. Mirax Terrik

Mirax Terrik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 11, 2000
    There are a lot of good SW book packs on Amazon. I wish they would come out with a nice hardcover compilation like they did with the Thrawn Trilogy.

12. Rogue9-Horn

Aug 3, 2004
    Don't we all! I would love to see the X-Wing series in hardback. Come to think of it, were they ever released in hardback, or did they go straight to paperback?

13. Mirax Terrik

Mar 11, 2000
    I saw a copy of Solo Command in my library that was hardback, but the same size as the paperback novels. I imagine they came out in hardback at some point.

14. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    They should sell them in hardback again!

15. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    After reading a fanfic of Wedge, Wes, Hobbie, Tycho and Corran babysitting young Anakin, Jacen and Jaina I really want to read this whole series again.

SWBob likes this.
  16. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    Mercy Kill was actually the first X-wing novel ever published in hardcover.

17. Mirax Terrik

Mar 11, 2000
    Weird. I'm gonna have to go back to the library and find that book again. I may be going insane and seeing things.

18. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    You weren't seeing things, I myself have seen at least one of those paperback-size hardcovers before at my own library, but I don't know what the purpose of such a printing could be and the X-wing series before Mercy Kill has only ever been formally referred to as having been published in paperback.

Mirax Terrik likes this.
  19. SWBob

SWBob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 19, 2003
    I think I may be the only one, but I never cared for Hardcovers. They always seem more of a hassle to read, the cover and all. not to mention the fact that they are 3 or more time as expensive. Give me paperback any day. Though I will admit they hold up to multiple readings better. You should see my copy of SoA. Its about to be retired.

20. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Hardbacks need to be for special occasions in the SW Universe, not every minor thing.

SWBob likes this.
  21. Katana_Sundancer

Katana_Sundancer Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2009
    My X-wing novels are standing up to the tests of time and obsessive rereadings quite well (despite the fact that the very week I got my own, brand-new copy of Wraith Squadron, I promptly spilled orange juice on it). It's Vision of the Future that's going to need repairing/replacing one of these days (the side effects of being carried in a school bag nearly every day for nearly a year).

Runjedirun likes this.
  22. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Hardbacks look nicer on the bookshelf, nice display look for the house. You know if you were to have room for such displays in your home.

Katana_Sundancer likes this.
  23. Mirax Terrik

Mar 11, 2000
    Mine is thoroughly beat up. I'm considering carefully taping the spine with something because I'm seriously worried it's going to fall apart.

24. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    Mercy Kill is the first I've gotten new, all of the rest were already used and in terrible condition.

25. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    I have gotten all of my books new, though my first copy of the OT novelizations fell apart and has been replaced and my brother and I's first copies of Tales from the New Republic and I, Jedi weren't in the best of shape before our cousin ended up with them. Many of my older books I had obtained before my shopping spree last year have worn spines, but other than that, most of my books are in good shape or near new condition, because I have only read most of these copies no more than a few times.