main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Ahsoka Opinion Poll

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Orrelios, Oct 30, 2013.

?

So How Do You Feel About Ahsoka?

1. I Like/Love Her

45.0%
  2. I Dislike/Hate Her

22.5%
  3. She's Alright

32.5%
  1. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Much earlier I made an opinion poll about the controversial Mortis arc and I've been thinking about another one pertaining to Ahsoka Tano because I'm interested in knowing what the general consensus about her on the board is between members since she seems to be both liked/loved and disliked/hated (in other words, she seems to be quite a polarizing character). Now here the poll is; vote for the opinion that applies to you.

2. WatTamborWoo

WatTamborWoo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 22, 2011
    Great SW character and overall story arc. Loved the interaction with Anakin.

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    This one happened, but you actually give people a middle ground option.

Voting no, although my answer in the first two seasons would have been different.

I did like her interaction with Anakin though. Most of the time.

4. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Damn it! I thought about posting this exact poll a buncha times, but never did. I did post it on Sb.com a few months ago but gave a broader spectrum of options. Here ya go. (Ripmax is yours truly.)

Got a load of votes with a spread of opinion but most seemed to fall into "like" generally.

5. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    These are always interesting but at the end of the day, the "majority" opinion on a character or episode doesn't mean much unless one assumes that the "majority" opinion is the only one that deserves respect. (And Nexu and Valkyrus, not saying that's your stance, you're both way too cool for that.)

Kind of fun seeing where people are though, just like with the old episode grading threads.

6. Dathomir-Witch

Dathomir-Witch Jedi Master star 2

Jan 2, 2013
    I dislike her for being overpowered, thinking other Jedi can't survive without her, meeting everyone, the 'You run so you're guilty' logic and the "How can I trust myself" nonsense in the final episode. And propably more.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  7. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    Oh no here we go again. The gist of this thread will be that the majority will say they like her but the one's that don't like her will be much louder about it.

Dinos4Ever likes this.
  8. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    And darkchrono will still be unhappy.

Darth_Zandalor and CT-867-5309 like this.
  9. darkchrono

May 23, 2005
    Lol, and you'll still be mad that the EU is getting junked.

10. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    That's where you're wrong...

11. darkchrono

May 23, 2005
    So you have come to terms with it now that the movies/television shows will likely be telling a different story than what you read in all those books?

12. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    Yes; it is unrealistic and frankly delusional to think otherwise.

13. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Hated the Artooie nickname. Skyguy was alright with me.
    Was meh with her.

TheOneX_Eleazar likes this.
  14. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Oh ****. I forgot that it's a TOS violation to have an "unpopular" opinion and express it in the manner that one chooses as long as one is not trashing other posters.

Or maybe I just forgot that Ahsoka Tano herself posts here.

Coric likes this.
  15. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    I never had a problem there. Early on in TCW there are comments that kinda indicate she's stronger in the Force than the "Jedi average" if there is such a thing. In the pool of late-stage younglings / prospective padawans, Ahsoka was likely the most powerful there was at the time, and that's why she was selected to be apprenticed to Mr. Off-the-scale. Not that she was off the scale or anywhere near it, but she was the most powerful available when they were looking to give a padawan to Anakin. Like GWB said, you go to war with the army you have.

I'm thinking for example of the time Anakin is stood in front of the council explaining himself for the leeway / responsibility he gave Ahsoka... It might have been after one of her S1 combat tunnel vision incidents where she wouldn't withdraw when her position was about to be overrun, or when she recklessly pressed a starfighter assault in the teeth of CIS reinforcements and got almost all her men killed... He says something like "Because of my Padawan's advanced abilities, I find it easy to forget how young she actually is".

That was played for effect. In one ep, Ahsoka is interrogating the perp and she's all like "if you're not guilty of anything then why did you run?" and then the next Ep Ahsoka herself is running like hell. Which she herself had said makes you look guilty.

For some reason I found myself thinking of the first two episodes of the Ahsoka/Fugitive arc the other day when listening to this song in the car.

16. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Hate her. Next opinion poll, please.
    [​IMG]

JackG and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  17. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I like Ahsoka. I liked her character arc/progression and I like how she was developed.

I can, however, respect other peoples opinions that they felt it was unrealistic.

18. TheOneX_Eleazar

TheOneX_Eleazar Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 24, 2013
    Honestly, I think this is a perfectly valid question to ask in an interrogation. The question isn't so much about saying that running means you are guilty as it is how they react to such a question can help you determine if they are guilty or not.

19. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Well, it definitely seems the results on here are a lot more balanced as the majority seem to like her over there; I guess it opinions get more nuanced when there's more cynical and negative folks around.

20. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Well, you are on the largest Star Wars fan site on the Internet. Of course you're going to run into a greater variety of people.

21. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    People who don't like Ahsoka are cynical and/or negative.

22. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
  23. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    Generally, yeah. I like Ahsoka, I liked her the moment she stepped off the Gunship. I liked the idea of SW actually showing the Council attempting to address Anakin's problems (in this case, his attachment issue). It makes the Jedi Council less d-baggy and more sympathetic to Anakin, and thus Anakin's eventual betrayal more powerful. I, personally, think that Haters generally don't want to try to understand her and therefore they don't accept the canon explanation (despite gladly eating up many of Lucas' half-baked reasonings for many of the inconsistencies between the PT and the OT and the resulting edits to the OT). They want something to be wrong where there isn't. Haters don't want to look deeper into Ahsoka's character for fear of finding something that they'll like about her (this is also true about EU-fanatics and PT-haters). Ahsoka was just a chapter in Anakin's life, one that brought him closer to the Dark Side.

Vader'sGoodHand likes this.
  24. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Fixed.

25. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    No, she's just an annoying character who was an obvious creator's pet. Think Wesley Crusher.