main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Legacy Vol 2. #8: Outcasts of the Broken Ring, part 3 (of 5)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by spicer, Jul 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Another well-paced chapter, and there should be at least a few pages that fleet junkies will like.

Really like that two-page spread of ruined Dac with the broken shipyards and derelict ships drifting in orbit. Also nice to see that there doesn't seem to be any animosity between the enslaved Mon Calamari and Quarren.

Nice to see more of what the One Sith have been up to (suddenly reminded of Maul's criminal empire, but at least this one was assembled off-screen rather than put together on-screen in five minutes). Too bad looks like another dead end in the Wredd search.

This one is purely an Ania and Jao action chapter, but I like both of them, so while I wish we could see what the rest of the recurring characters are up to, I don't mind. Now to see how Ania gets out of her current predicament.

2. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Can you post as picture of the shipyards? Any parts with Stazi?

--Adm. Nick

3. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Great issue. Dac looks pretty eerie after what the Sith did to it. It was cool to see a new Sith, I think this is the third in Legacy v2 along with Wredd and his master. I am not sure how Ania and Jao will leave the ocean now, but if I had to guess, I'd say some secret group of Mon Cals that work against the Sith will find them and rescue them. And now that we know the Sith are building a fleet on Dac, I wonder if someone is manipulating the Triumvirate to not interfere on Dac, just to cover Sith activities. It seems the Triumvirate is ignoring the most dangerous place in the galaxy now, and I'm not sure if that's intentional.

4. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    What sorts of ships are being built? Do we see familiar design?

--Adm. Nick

5. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    It looks to me like star destroyers and shuttles. The art isn't the most detailed (not saying it's bad though, it has a great vibe to it).

6. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

[​IMG]

Nep, whole issue is at Dac except for a short scene were they leave Nalyd.

[​IMG]

Force Smuggler likes this.
  7. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Those shots are awesome!

8. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I thought it was a good issue. Interesting turn of events on the shipyards. And yeah, those shots of Dead Dac, as I like to call it ( :( ), remind me of other trashed planets like Raxus Prime, and even the Alderaan Graveyard to an extent.

9. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Per my norm, see below for my thoughts & observations for Legacy #8;
    • The opening shot of Dac and it's damaged shipyards was awesome. Had a very neat Dark Empire vibe to the style. A lot of debris is littering the system, including ships presumably lost during the final battle and evacuation. I spot one derelict Star Destroyer and what appears to be part of the blade of a Scythe-class cruiser.
    • The two pirates ships that ambush Ania & Jao's shuttle: UGLIEST. VESSELS. EVER. They look like floating Trade Federation MTT's.
    • The "boarding" attach droids are a great design. Very Cylon in appearance.
    • Luen (a blueskin female Mon Cal) and her Quarren friend were a great touch. For starters, I actually very much like the idea that after the war both species were eager to restore their homeworld. The pirates are luring talents scientists and engineers from both species to the shipyard under the guide of starting "restoration" efforts, when in reality they are slave labor for building a fleet.
    • The "fleet" appears to be a mix of smaller transport and shuttle sized vessels, constructed in a hangar. Some craft appear to be vaguely Imperial wedges, while a few others are more smooth & bulbous shaped vessels more akin to Mon Cal construction. Makes sense to build smaller vessels for pirates.
    • As I have said before, it really speaks volumes to how stretched the Triumvirate government is if it can't even afford to maintain a presence in the Dac system. Randy Stradley touches on the limits of the Triumvirates power & resources in the letters section, along the same lines of what Stazi said in the last issue.
    • RETURN OF THE ONE SITH. Per the letters section, we know his name is Darth Luft. Male Twi'lek, standard One Sith red & black tattoos, and an evil looking dude to boot. I should add, BTW, that he obviously thinks very little of Wredd.
    In all a very solid issue, though I am still struggling a bit overall with the art style. At times it works great, but sometimes it is not detailed enough. Anyways, I look forward to the next issue and I am still hoping that when the Triumvirate gets word that ole' Stazi and a fleet of warships will be headed to Dac!

--Adm. Nick

10. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    I am assume the government is starting at the Core and moving out.

11. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    The story keeps getting more interesting but I can't wait for Gabriel Hardman to come back (#12!!!), the art is really weak & sloppy, IMO. This was a good issue but the clunky, amateurish lay-outs on top of sketchy/barely-there art makes reading a chore.

spicer likes this.
  12. Jedifirefly5

Jedifirefly5 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 5, 2012
    So evil just keeps on winning.

13. Skaddix

Feb 3, 2012
    Evil always wins.

14. Volderon

Volderon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2007
    Good story but the art is hard to understand whats happening.

Point Given likes this.
  15. Grey1

Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group star 4 VIP

Nov 21, 2000
    I'm enjoying the art a lot. Haven't really compared it to the first arc, though; but the mood is still there.

16. Skaddix

Feb 3, 2012
    Hmm so i wonder if the person talking to Stazi about Dac was a Sith Agent or a Sith.

17. Volderon

Volderon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2007
    This comic seems to be made for trade it seems to me, reminds me of the Ultimate Comics line from Marvel in that respect. There's also not much going on in each issue. I breeze through it in less than 5 minutes.

18. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Appears to be a Sith. In the letters, Randy Stradley named him as Darth Luft.

The art made things hard to follow but I'm really enjoying the story.

19. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    If Darth Luft is the one building a fleet, does that make it the Luftwaffe?

RC-1991, JackG, tjace and 1 other person like this.
  20. DarthNefaris

DarthNefaris Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 11, 2011
    Do we have information regarding Darth Luft 's fleet : is he a rogue one sith member building up his own army or is he doing this for Nihl?

By the way... after Wredd which I supposed to be linked to the Dutch word Wreed meaning Cruel, now Luft is coming, meaning air/breeze/atmosphere in German. I really am not found of the Sith names in Legacy V 2.0, too much weird to me (close to those in old republic such as Ouzal, Enraj, etc).

I can't wait to read that issue anyway!

21. Skaddix

Feb 3, 2012
    I think he is working with Nihl. Considering how much he insulted Wredd.

22. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    I suspect so too.

23. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

A better then the pseudo latin they often used instead.

24. LarryG

LarryG Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 4, 2012
    I don't know why a Sith working with Nihl would bother making a rag-tag fleet from spare parts when the ships that Nihl retreated with at the end of Legacy-War were nearly indestructable and of superior design. I would not think the New Alliance would have the resources to even find the hidden Sith factories making those ships.

25. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    Maybe the Sith need more ships? I am only guessing now, I suppose we'll find out eventually.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.