main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Legacy Vol 2. #8: Outcasts of the Broken Ring, part 3 (of 5)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by spicer, Jul 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Keep in mind that the fleet is being built for pirates, not the proper "Sith Navy". Having a band of pirates secretly affiliated with the Sith posess a fleet of secondhand warships is exactly the sort of thing Nihl would want. It keeps the Triumvirate off balance.

--Adm. Nick

2. DarthCane

DarthCane Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002

Sounds much like Zsinj's plan in Iron Fist - put together a fleet of mercenary cannon fodder to save his own ships from unnecessary beatings. Also helps if they're not explicitly linked to the One Sith - Nihl and his crew raising their heads again would get the entire Triumvirate on the warpath, which at this stage might put the kibosh on the remaining Sith.

3. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Exactly! If a fleet of Sith Dragon warships appeared, I guarantee you Stazi would muster the fleet the charge into battle. In addition, an actual naval threat like the Dragon Fleet would also give Stazi grounds to push the Triumvirate for a massive naval rearmament. However, small fleets of pirate vessels are small enough to not attack major triumvirate attention but still a useful tool for sowing dissent and distraction by the One Sith.

--Adm. Nick

4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Liked the adventure here quite a bit- obviously a lot of SW takes inspiration from ANH's "infiltrate stronghold, get found out, try to escape bad guy forces" mold, but this felt somewhat fresh despite being familiar.

Probably a key reason why is the evocative art for this arc which I do really enjoy (and I still feel it's crisper and easier to follow, in a Dark Empire-kind of way, than the art of the first arc- even if it's similar enough to make the series feel consistent). For an arc dealing with a dark, dead waterworld, the dark blues and heavy shadows fit extraordinarily well.

[​IMG]

5. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    I'm liking the shake-up of the traditional Star Wars factions and the very real possibility that the Sith will finally be destroyed for once and for all.

By the way, is the Triumvirate permanent or transitional?

6. DarthCane

DarthCane Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002

That's been a perennial question for me, both in regards to the post-NJO GA and the GFT. How integrated are these governments and their associated armed forces? The way it looks, the Triumvirate is more like the Council of the Mass Effect 'verse than a true federal government. I would hope it's transitional; a triumvirate is inherently unstable by its nature. More to the point, we haven't seen the rest of the government as yet. Is there a reconstituted Senate? Does the Moff Council still serve as the de facto legislative body of the Empire? If so, is it integrated with the Senate? If not, does the Empire have Senatorial representation? If so, what is the breakdown of Imperial versus GA senators that would likely form political blocs?

Likewise, with the armed forces. Is Stazi in overall command of the Triumvirate's military assets, or do Imperial commanders still have the final say over their ships and troops?

purplerain likes this.
  7. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    Whaladon skeleton. Poor guy.

Jeff_Ferguson likes this.
  8. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Yeah, without the military genius of Morlish Veed, there's no chance of a Sith victory.

9. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    It would be interesting if Legacy ultimately ends in a way that ties in with Dawn of the Jedi.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.