main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Rocketjock Eatery (A Star Wars: Intervention OOC/OOG discussion thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Bravo, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    ATTENTION ALL PLAYERS AND STAFF

Please finish up your exits out of Port Haven. By next weekend (Friday night), I want everyone to have their posts finished up, so we can proceed to our Epilogues for a week. The one exception from this rule is Sith-I-5, due to DRL.

2. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    I'll get my post in by Tuesday (barring anything unforeseen that is).

[​IMG]

3. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Thank you Sith, I'll view it immediately.

I edited the post and took an idea from Star Trek Voyager. Your thoughts?

4. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Sorted. :)

Change mirco to micro, and you are golden. :p

Lasso post was good too. Moved thing along really well.

5. Heavy Isotope

Heavy Isotope Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 10, 2013
    Hey everyone I got to you all a little late about my weekend, basically I had a lot of work, things I've never done before (but kinda new how to do because of my classes), but I loved it! :D Anyways, this week will be a bit busy, I have evening classes (Pacific time) and I have a job for Wednesday.

--------------

Anyways, speaking of black holes there's two videos I really love on the subject:

Objects near a black hole, effects on time depending on the mass.

As for a good general video on black holes, here's the lovely VSAUCE. :p It has a good segment about the "sucking" effect of a black hole and the event horizon.

--------------

Good posts Bravo. :)

Question about the character sheets, when you say hull rating, what are we basing that off of? For example an X-Wing and a TIE both have Titanium alloy hulls, should we just say what the hull is composed of or how do you want us to rate the hull?

Bravo likes this.
  6. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Fantastic and informative videos, Heavy. Watching the second one, I seriously cannot contemplate why anyone would think it a good idea to create black holes on Earth.

Okay, yes, Scientific Community, we are still alive, but what the **** were you thinking???!!!

7. Heavy Isotope

Oct 10, 2013
    Thanks, I love science, space, etc. Yeah, I totally agree, how that would be a good idea.... Woof. To expand on that, another clip from the same show; Wormholes.

Anyways not to derail the game topic with these vids too much; I do hope you're alright Sith, let's collaborate on getting our characters out of the sticky situation near the ISD. We can discuss it here or via PM if you like.

My questions for it,

Is the Mako a rebel or merc craft?

Are we going to be able to save the last surviving crew member?

All in all I am just wondering how we will accomplish it with the deadline for Friday. I know you're busy and all so I understand, I just don't want us to be left behind. :p

Bravo likes this.
  8. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Thank you, Sith.

Heavy, truly amazing videos! My geek side loves stuff like this! As for character sheets, the hull rating is based off of Resistance Units. Most Wookieepedia starship entries have a RU rating; basic research over various starfighters and capital ships will give you a general measurement of RU for each class of ship.

9. Heavy Isotope

Oct 10, 2013
    Can you elaborate on the hull rating numbers? The article doesn't explain, for example what the hull rating of an x-wing would be. It has a titanium alloy hull. So like a hull rating of 1 for example would be the kind that a skiff or speeder has?

10. tyratoku

tyratoku Jedi Knight star 1

May 10, 2005
    So I was looking to review Atin's information just because Bravo seems to have linked us a bit in the opening post for the new RP and I clicked on the library link in his signature.

It took me to an actual wiki page. I had no idea that existed. I thought it was just going to take me to the library thread.

Is that page actually being updated? Or are there plans to do so for the next RP? The library thread is nice, but having an inter-linking and fully functioning wiki with separate pages for everything would be really, really cool. Just wondering. It's not a big deal.

11. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Heavy Isotope likes this.
  12. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    The Wiki Library is currently not in use. It was planned as a emergency back-up plan when the Temp Boards went much longer then expected. Then CPL_Macja took it over and truly turned it into something amazing. It is unknown if it will ever get completed. The Quick Reference is our main source of information for the game at the moment.

13. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002

The Mako is a new vessel of the Secret Galactic Intelligence Service, or SGIS, a holdover security agency of the Galactic Republic. They are allies of the Rebel Alliance, and were investigating the Mercs on behalf of the Alliance. Some wires must have been crossed, because the undercover (whom I will not reveal) discovered that the Alliance and the Mercs were already working together.

Currently, the Mako is carrying a large Golan Arms quad-laser emplacement to replace guns that the DD lost earlier, but a simple friendly delivery mission turned into them joining us in the Battle of the Whendyll System.

That is why I got Mitth'd, uh, miffed, when you wrote that she had attacked the star destroyer; for game purposes, I did not want to lose the cargo.

*Thumps desk* Yes, dammit!

All in all I am just wondering how we will accomplish it with the deadline for Friday. I know you're busy and all so I understand, I just don't want us to be left behind

It'll be tight. We'll have to involve the Rescue Shuttle, as it has tractor capability.

If Masha can get to the Snow White, she can call others and direct them to where she is.

14. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Everything is flexible. If we make the deadline, we make it. If we don't, I'm not going to sweat over it. So no worries there. It would be "nice" to make the deadline, but I'm not going to loose sleep over it.

Heavy Isotope likes this.
  15. Heavy Isotope

Oct 10, 2013

The Mako is a new vessel of the Secret Galactic Intelligence Service, or SGIS, a holdover security agency of the Galactic Republic. They are allies of the Rebel Alliance, and were investigating the Mercs on behalf of the Alliance. Some wires must have been crossed, because the undercover (whom I will not reveal) discovered that the Alliance and the Mercs were already working together.

Currently, the Mako is carrying a large Golan Arms quad-laser emplacement to replace guns that the DD lost earlier, but a simple friendly delivery mission turned into them joining us in the Battle of the Whendyll System.

That is why I got Mitth'd, uh, miffed, when you wrote that she had attacked the star destroyer; for game purposes, I did not want to lose the cargo.

Oh ok, the Star Wars wiki doesn't elaborate much on Galactic Republic's SGIS to where I could figure out that the Mako was one of theirs, thanks for clearing that up. And yeah, I didn't intend to write it that way, I just did, so just think when I say engaged I mean it's engaging in the act of following quietly. :p

*Thumps desk* Yes, dammit!

We must.... WE MUST!!!!

All in all I am just wondering how we will accomplish it with the deadline for Friday. I know you're busy and all so I understand, I just don't want us to be left behind

It'll be tight. We'll have to involve the Rescue Shuttle, as it has tractor capability.

If Masha can get to the Snow White, she can call others and direct them to where she is.

That poor fella just needs to send me a transmission so I can track him. ;)

Edit: My morning class has computers so I'll be around again in a bit.

16. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    That poor fella just needs to send me a transmission so I can track him.

Well, he is still broadcasting the distress signal. That did not stop. If you need "the poor fellow" to overcome the fact that he is supine on the floor due to lack of oxygen, before you find him, then he's ******, and Masha may as well go and help the DD out with her tractor beam problem...oh wait, I haven't posted that yet.

Posted. Tagged Bardan, Heavy, SWBob and tyratoku.

With responses, I can probably finish up DD in one more post; if Masha cannot locate Sal without him doing something first, then I'll have to solo his rescue. Take 2-3 posts.

Although, the main group could jump out, and when Bravo moves the game to Rhen Var, the rescue and retrieval could have been achieved in that lost time.

17. Heavy Isotope

Oct 10, 2013
    Edit: Post is up. ;) If you need to take control of Masha for the recovery let me know or send me a PM and we can collaborate on the event so there's no confusion.

Bardan_Jusik I got goose bumps reading that last paragraph. [face_mischief]

18. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I already blew up one Light class destroyer. I doubt I have permission to blow up a second one. :p

I tend to be rough on NPCs.

[​IMG]

Bravo, Mitth_Fisto and Heavy Isotope like this.
  19. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Heavy, he's not kidding. That npc you are helping to rescue, is collateral damage from what befell Bardan's last destroyer!

BTW, can Masha go EVA from her fighter, eg. is her suit sealable against vacuum?

20. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I think my only NPC that survived was Keffler, and I had originally intended for him to die too. :p Thought he might prove useful down the line. ;)

[​IMG]

21. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Keffler, though not yet stated in-game, is on the way to the medical centre on Phaeda either aboard a shuttle designated to carry casualties, or the Hard Eight Lancer-class frigate.

Bravo, was the comment about water pressure deliberate?

Bravo and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  22. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Yes, Sith. It was to make a reference off of submarines and "tin cans".

23. Heavy Isotope

Oct 10, 2013
    Heavy, he's not kidding. That npc you are helping to rescue, is collateral damage from what befell Bardan's last destroyer!

Scary stuff. [face_nail_biting] Makes sense in a Mando'a sort of way though. :p

BTW, can Masha go EVA from her fighter, eg. is her suit sealable against vacuum?

Sadly, no. The Variant Z-95 isn't quite that advanced, it's only equipped with life support, really it is a step up from the regular Z-95 for sure but, it's only edge on say an X-wing is that it's avionics are similar and is slightly faster. I am hoping to get Blade Dancer some upgrades in the coming future. :p

24. SWBob

SWBob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 19, 2003
    Post up, not sure what you were planning (numbers, objective, ect) with the troops so left it open for you Sith.

25. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Good post; what did you think of the development?