main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Great stuff! I hope that you two have fun! I've only been to Walt Disney World once, right at the turn of the millennium, and they were really celebrating Y2K throughout the parks. I still fondly recall hearing the Disney 2000 Celebration music at Epcot, and remember the lyrics of one song:

Put your hand on the future
    Share a dream together around the world
    With a voice from every country, A face from every land
    We'll celebrate the future hand in hand
    (We'll celebrate the future hand in hand)

The future is coming
    We've got to catch it if we can
    The magic's unfolding
    You can hold it in your hand
    We can touch tomorrow today
    To make some memories
    That will never fade away

With a voice from every country
    And a face from every land

Join the celebration
    It's an invitation
    Feel the inspiration
    A dream we all share

From the very start of it
    You can be a part of it
    At the very heart of it
    Everyone from everywhere

With a voice from every country
    And a face from every land
    We'll celebrate the future hand in

Hand in hand
    Everywhere
    Celebrate
    Hand in hand

2. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    My son and I rode the new version of Star Tours at Hollywood Studios in Orlando multiple times when we were all down there last spring. Going to make doing so a recurring event, especially with additional SW stuff apparently being added there in the future to make that part of the park "Star Wars Land".

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    My brother is headed for Disney right now; since my nephews both love Star Wars, I need to text him to demand request Star Tours pictures.

My cousin, a friend and I just saw Joshua Radin and Matt Nathanson live at a local club. And they were awesome. As were the four dollar Blue Moons.

4. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Yeah, I'm double posting and don't give a ****.

I finished my third cup of coffee and found this.

Happy early Halloween, Star Wars TV. :D

07jonesj and KenobiSkywalker like this.
  5. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
  6. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Could you give a source, please?

Darth Valkyrus and eht13 like this.
  7. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    LOL.

I'm honestly not familiar with his music but RIP.

Something I think a few people might be interested in, I think Circular Logic was the one who brought up cancer research before. I went to a Pancreatic Cancer Action Network event tonight in memory of my aunt, who died from it in July. There was a doctor there talking about the latest research, and he mentioned nanotechnologies--apparently it is possible to inject nanocells next to cancer cells, and they'll actually eat the cancer cells. But any FDA approved treatment has to be tested on three species first. They're testing this on mice now.

Hopefully by the time my kids are grown...

Circular Logic likes this.
  8. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    LOL SithStarSlayer for sticking that thread. Oh, man. That's a funny thing to log in and see.

9. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Shame about Lou Reed. I liked his music. Except for that Metallica collaboration. I AM THE TABLE.

10. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    I found that LACWAC hoodie I made.
    *tear*

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  11. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
  12. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Happy Halloween, Star Wars TV. [face_skull]

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  13. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I see you went with the [face_skull] for your Halloween greeting too, just like I did in the 7SA GIL. Great minds. :p

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  14. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Isn't that the entire point of this smily- [face_pumpkin]? I mean, when the hell else would one use it? :p

15. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    Working on my costume. Trench coat, balaclava, Army style paintball helmet. All I need is a toy capgun and holster, and a pair of goggles or aviators.

16. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Happy Halloween, All Hallow's Eve, el Día de Muertos, everyone! And here's the appropriate smiley: [face_pumpkin]

Supposedly there are a lot of socks hanging around today; I wonder if any will show up here in SWTV?

17. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    The kiddos and I are Ventress, the Enderman and the Creeper. Semi-neutral, neutral and a villain. But I'm mostly interested in how many people actually know who the hell we are when we go out tonight.

I spent part of today going over trick or treating safety: go with an adult, wear a bright costume, make sure your mask fits, don't trip over lit jack-o-lanterns, give all Hershey candy to your mother... (Oh, wait, that last one was for my kids...)

18. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    Well, I don't know how many kids are going to walk by our place. Our side of the road is rather inundated with University students, so parents might tell kids to stay away from us.

19. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
  20. Paparazzo

Paparazzo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2011
    I loathe Halloween.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  21. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    BOOOO on you.

Halloween Scrooge.

Trick or treating done.

Kids have plastic pumpkin buckets of high fructose corn syrup and artificial dye.

Mama has pumpkin ale.

Everyone is happy. :D

eht13 and CT-867-5309 like this.
  22. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    So I'm going back next week to get my class F drivers license, which in SC is required to tow a large non-commercial trailer and/or drive a large non-commercial vehicle. (In my case, both.) I just found out that one of the requirements is that I parallel park the 40ft vehicle with the 22ft trailer attached. :eek: I had a hard enough time parallel parking our SUV, this could be interesting... [face_praying]

Oh, and Happy Halloween everyone! :D

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  23. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Good luck KS. :) I avoid parallel parking whenever I can and I drive a Prius.

Happy Saturday Star Wars TV. It's the best weekend of the year in the US--it's an hour longer. [face_dancing]. Plus I'm a vampire so I like it when the sun goes down earlier.

24. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Geez KS what's the end goal to that madness? Drag racing tractor trailer trucks for kicks?:p

I forgot this was today! A whole extra hour of procrastination!

[​IMG]

25. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I just saved you from being in some weird time warp tomorrow with your clocks all being one hour ahead.

You're welcome. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.