main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge The Spooky Story Challenge - Winners are announced, but check out our snazzy extra prompts!

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Mira_Jade , Oct 8, 2013.

1. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Thanks, PonyTricks! Let's see what I've got ... :p

2. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Woohoooo, Idri! I am thrilled to provide a distraction. [face_dancing]

3. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    I can't guarantee it will be finished on time. :p

4. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    [face_laugh] The challenge will still be here. And the readers. I am just thrilled to read new fic from you. :D

Speaking of, does anyone else want to take a number? Even if the deadline passes, we would still love to see some takers. :) [face_batting]

5. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Eh, I'll take another number, because the first one I may use for NaNo.

*gets out the d20*

6. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Ooooh, a NaNo novel! :D

Number 10 is off then, TrakNar. :D

7. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    And I have my story done . . . "fingers laced to crown", set in the Avengers fandom.

It's just not spooky, like, not at all. Creepy at times, most certainly. But my muse came to a sharp, shuddering halt at the whole 'horror' thing. Which is a shame. :oops:

Does anyone want to give me another number, and I will see if I can actually write for the genre I am supposed to write for? :p [face_batting]

8. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    - How about number 2?

I tried reading your fic, but I got very lost. The only 'Avengers' I know is the 1960's TV show with Mrs. Peel and Mr. Steed. Yes, I am THAT old. So, Mira, if you could send me a PM with very brief synopsis of the Avengers Movie, and how these people in your story are connected, I could start over and read your story and not be so.... lost. [face_hypnotized]

But it was spooky to me, anyway. People wandering around in other people's minds? [face_skull] Cool.

PS.... Since there are still lots of numbers left, I will take another stab at it, too. But YOU can pick my number.

9. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Number two it is. :D And I pick three for you! Lets just start filling in the list now, shall we? :p

Aww, thank-you for diving into a new fandom just to give my fic a try! That can be a daunting task at times, I know. :p I will figure out the best way to simplify the story (because it is quite the epic 8-}) and send that in a moment. :D

Alrighty then, spooky enough, I will give it. :D it came across as creepy in parts, and when I finished writing it I crossed my arms and went 'well that was not what this was supposed to do at all.' It turned into a character study, and Loki completely hijacked it. Of course he did. o_O

10. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    Maybe this will kick start the muse.
    Can I have 27 please?

11. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
  12. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Aha! I see PonyTricks, thank-you. Yesterday was killer and I couldn't get online. 8-}

But that prompt is coming right now Master_Jaina1011! :D (And on that note, SHARON!! I can't wait to see some new fic from you. Just sayin'. [:D][face_dancing]

13. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    I could have fun with this one. the muse has been quiet. This should kick start it.

NYCitygurl likes this.
  14. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    That's what I'm hoping will happen to my muse. It's been dead for far too long. I have the vaguest of ideas floating around, but nothing solid enough to work with.

NYCitygurl likes this.
  15. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    I am so glad to see all of these muses getting jump started. I can't wait to see what you guys write. :D

My second fic is "breath held, eyes closed" set in Tolkien's sandbox. It is only slightly spookier than the last. ;) [face_laugh]

16. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    My muse won't even come back as a zombie. I've been watching spooky films, reading comics, watching movies in general, reading books, and playing Pokemon (that probably won't help), and nothing.

17. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Aww, that sucks TrakNar. :( There is nothing worse that an uncooperative muse. :rolleyes:

Even if you can't come up with something spooky, is there a general fic the prompt inspires? We are not picky, :p

18. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Nothing's clicking at all. I want to write something spooky, as I find that fun. But aside from prompts and possible vague scenes, I have nothing. No idea is solid enough to work with. Even my art muse is half-dead. I've hit a major creative drought.

19. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    TrakNar, I am so sorry to hear that. There is nothing worse than a creative drought like that, and I completely understand. :(

I have a couple of back-up prompts. Would you like to try another one? :)

20. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I'm way behind ... but the weather is still October-ish, so I'm going to try to write this weekend! (Which ... is what I said last weekend 8-} )

21. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Sure, send one my way.

22. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    I was delaying to see if we were going to get more stories out of this, but it looks like everyone who is going to write for this did so already. Thank-you, everyone who participated! :)

That said, we are not going to have a voting, but instead we are going to award earlybird-obi-wan and PonyTricks a week of colours for participating. Congratulations, and enjoy the spoils of your victory!! [face_dancing][:D]

That said, if anyone would like another number, just for kicks, let me know. There are still plenty left. :)