main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit The Bounty Hunter's Code

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Plaristes, Jun 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    He only joined the Guild so he could help disband them, though.

2. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

Which did not really work anyhow, since it just reformed a while later.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  3. Darth_Garak

Darth_Garak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    Who cares? He was hired to disband the Guild which he did. By the time it reformed (where does it say it did, I forget) the guy who hired him was dead.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  4. Nom von Anor

Nom von Anor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2012
    Also, I seem to remember that it was no longer The Guild, but several smaller guilds formed by the survivors.

5. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004

It always was a collection of lesser Guilds anyway.

Various places, one of them Twin Engine of Destruction, were Boba actually goes to the Bounty Hunter Guild to hire Jodo Kast so he can lay a trap for him.

6. Nom von Anor

Oct 7, 2012
    But wasn't Cradossk's Guild much larger and/or higher profile than the others? Otherwise, what's the point of hiring Boba Fett to dismantle it? Why would Xizor, Vader, and Palpatine even need to discuss it? (beyond saying that The Bounty Hunter Wars Trilogy has a lame plot!)

7. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    He was head of the Bounty Hunter Guild, which happened to be made up out of many lesser Guilds.

There was a point to it? o_O

It doess.

8. Nom von Anor

Oct 7, 2012
    I can't really disagree with that. But there still has to be a point, at least in-universe, to explain why Palpatine and Xizor would bother. The Essential Chronologies also comment that Fett succeeded in fragmenting the organization, which has to count for something.

9. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    Afaik it was something about that there are more Free Agent Bounty Hunters now, or something like that. It really made little sense since the Bounty Hunters all worked for the Empire anyway.

10. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Delivery guy just brought mine from Amazon UK.

Gorefiend likes this.
  11. Dark-Fox

Dark-Fox Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 28, 2008
    Lucky git ;)Is it as good or better than the Book of Sith?

12. Cronal

Cronal Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2009
    I am actually kind of curious on it myself and whether its a good acquisition. Certainly seeing the life of bounty hunters is interesting but hoping for more than that.

13. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Haven't had a chance to look at it other than making sure the container opened OK. We've had builders around all day replacing gutters and fascias on my side of the apartment building and I've got a splitting headache as a result of the noise. Hopefully they will finish tomorrow..

14. Dark-Fox

Sep 28, 2008
    Be sure to give us a review when you do get a chance to have a look. I don't know when I'll get my hands on my copy; the delivery estimate was so far off my wife chose super saver :_|

15. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    Does anyone think the case will fit on a bookshelf with coffetable-sized books? It looks like it might, but if it doesn't, I'll just wait for the single-book edition, like with the Jedi and Sith editions.

16. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    If it does get a single-book edition- I hope that the content from the Craddosk booklet is included as well, even if it's just in an appendix at the back.

17. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Just a note for anyone getting this - the tray the books are sitting in doesn't lift out. The Wanted poster and the Slave I document are both folded within the main book. Just flip through it and you will see them. As far as the size goes - if you have SW: The Essential Atlas it's a bit taller and wider than that and about 3 times as thick. This was done measuring the slip-covered case. The actual device is a bit smaller.

Gorefiend and Dark-Fox like this.
  18. Dark-Fox

Sep 28, 2008
    Surely you must have more to say about it than that LAJ o_O Put those of us who are still waiting out of our misery and tell us if the books are as good as we're hoping [face_praying]

19. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Haven't had time to sit down with them, I'm afraid. Builders were back for their final day (Thank God!) and the drilling was driving me nuts. Didn't want that kind of atmosphere for this .I'll try tomorrow - weather is supposed to be pretty crappy..

20. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    got the book today... it is so awesome great fantastic super terrific mindblowing genius! and that was before I opened it.. the content is even better than that!

WHO wants spoilers?

Plaristes likes this.
  21. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    Are all the Mandos dead? [face_skull]

22. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    what question is this? which era? specific event? I need more input before i can answer that...

and here I thought you'd ask about the Hutt lore in there :p plenty of it

Gorefiend likes this.
  23. Plaristes

Plaristes Jedi Master star 3

Jul 2, 2007
    Mine still hasn't shipped yet. :_|

24. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    mine wouldn't have, had I not contacted Amazon customer service and annoyed them so long till they upgraded me to premium delivery for free :p

25. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    The expanded Mandalorian History is beautiful... I love how the Death Watch pov views the pacifist mandos and such hehe.

Quote:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.