main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Positive comments on the Prequel Trilogy

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by SWfan1020, Oct 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DRush76

DRush76 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2008

I can. However, when many fans express a positive opinion of the PT, they are usually overwhelmed with negative reactions from those who dislike the trilogy. This has been going on since TPM hit the screen. That is why many of the PT lovers have been very emotional in their defense of the trilogy.

Andy Wylde likes this.
  2. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012

This may be the case, but it's helpful to note that most people are somewhere in the middle. Making generalizations about PT haters or PT lovers creates a combative atmosphere and is not conducive to healthy conversation IMO

Pensivia, Son of a Bith and Bacon164 like this.
  3. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I for one like to enjoy the OT and PT equally. I see no reason to bash any single film.

Andy Wylde, Barbecue17 and Pensivia like this.
  4. Darth_Articulate

Nov 1, 2012
    It's enjoyable to express one's opinion. That's about it, as far as I can see. And I don't think there's anything wrong with it, as long as it's good natured and not a personal attack.

Pensivia and Darth Raiden like this.
  5. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Unfortunately, I keep reading the title of this thread as "Passive aggressive comments on the Prequel Trilogy".

6. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    The planets, the ships, the seismic charges, the Execution Arena, the Podrace, Palace of Theed, the Gungan City, battle of Geonosis, The Tragedy of Darth Plagueis, Qui-Gon Jinn, Palpatine.

7. Darth_Articulate

Nov 1, 2012
    I think the prequel films are fine. Really. No, seriously. They're cool.

I mean, ifyoulikethatsortofgarbage, but HEY! Everyone to their own opinion, right? *shakes foot*

Sarge likes this.
  8. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Yeah and Episode I? That's pretty good if you liked "classics" such as Howard the Duck and Heaven's Gate.

Darth_Articulate likes this.
  9. Jedi_Ford_Prefect

Jedi_Ford_Prefect Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2003
    Heaven's Gate is actually one of my personal favorites. And it's in the Criterion Collection now, to boot, so I think the critical consensus has turned around on that one.

SlashMan likes this.
  10. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Really? I do want to see it at some point, but the 4 hour length scares me.

11. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    If you want insightful comments that won't kill your brain cells, stay far away from the official Star Wars page on Facebook. Those have to be some of the most degenerate commenters I've had the pleasure of glancing over (then again, it is Facebook). There should be a drinking game for every time the term "raped my childhood" is uttered.

12. Darth Raiden

Darth Raiden Jedi Master star 3

Aug 28, 2013

Imdb can be nauseating as well

Andy Wylde and SlashMan like this.
  13. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    IMDb can't even get their facts straight, I can only imagine what their commenters are like.

Andy Wylde likes this.
  14. Darth Raiden

Darth Raiden Jedi Master star 3

Aug 28, 2013

I perish the thought [face_plain]

Andy Wylde likes this.
  15. Jedi_Ford_Prefect

Jun 9, 2003
    I'm a fan of long ass movies myself, but at any rate, watching it on DVD or whatever makes it easier. Cimino's an underrated/forgotten director.

16. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    He only did two movies though didn't he? Both that and The Deer Hunter.

*ahem* so this doesn't look like I'm thread-derailing, I liked the lengths of the PT films as well. Not too long or short. Just right.

Darth_Articulate likes this.
  17. Carbon1985

Carbon1985 Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 23, 2013
    You have to watch DasBoot the original Uncut Version which is 293 Minutes on of the DVD Releases. Sit back and enjoy.....:)

Sarge likes this.
  18. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    The uncut version of Das Boot is indeed fantastic. Probably the best submarine thriller ever made.

19. Jedi_Ford_Prefect

Jun 9, 2003
    He did a film with Jeff Bridges and Clint Eastwood first, the name of which escapes me. After Heaven's Gate he almost did Footloose for some reason, but did wind up making The Sicilian after a Mario Puzo book, a cheesy movie with Mickey Rourke, and maybe one or two other films. He didn't do a whole lot after Heaven's Gate, sadly.

Technically it's even better to watch that than the theatrical version, because Das Boot was originally a miniseries fro German television.

20. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Das Boot was nominated for many Oscars that year. Unfortunately, not for Best Picture.

21. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    Much as I appreciate the initial intention of this thread, it's going nowhere fast. I don't see any reason to dredge up the usual bitterness about 'haters', we don't need a PT gushing thread in Saga, nor one with the potential to become a passive aggressive OT bashing thread. We've already got an OT vs PT thread anyway.

And Michael Cimino's first film as director was called Thunderbolt & Lightfoot - a minor hit, which gave him the clout to make The Deer Hunter. Based on his strange appearance in recent times, rumour has it he's been undergoing hormone therapy in preparation for a sex change, believe it or not.

Locking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.