main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Rocketjock Eatery (A Star Wars: Intervention OOC/OOG discussion thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Bravo, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Heavy Isotope

Heavy Isotope Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 10, 2013
    Should make for an interesting escape. ;3

2. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Okay, another take on the opening post. I am personally liking this one more...its more dark and paints the Mercs more as mercenaries and tougher skinned. This is a work in progress with the "TBC" at the end. Thoughts so far?

NOTICE

Okay all, remember these below posts are NOT In Character, rather Out of Character / Out of Game for review by players and staff for a fair, balance, and honest portrayal of Intervention playable characters for the introduction of the second game, Echoes in Eternity. These posts are to not be added upon to, edited, and / or otherwise altered or tagged henceforth to and any additions or other alterations to the posts are to only be done by Game Master Bravo. Any suggestions, concerns, reviews, and any other form of reply should be done in the Out of Game and / or Out of Character format to respect the purpose and intent of the Out of Game threads. No information from these posts may be used In Character in the current game of Intervention.

Did that sound legal enough to cover our bases for a OOG thread? ;) This notice will be posted above each post to respect the definition and function of the OOG threads.

Echoes in Eternity [Introduction] Draft Two, Part One (Take One); 10-30-2013

5 Months after the events of "Star Wars: Intervention," .5 ABY

Unknown Planet, Wild Space

Jason Lasso released a 3 round burst of blaster fire from his A280 blaster rifle, the black armored and silver visor trooper collapsing down on his now mangled left knee. Above, anti-air craft batteries from around the burning city gave response to a swirl of starfighters and air speeders in combat above the night sky. Rising out of the dirt trench that had been a temporary home, Lasso walked calmly up to the man who was grunting and snarling in pain, while holding his now destroyed left knee, near stub of a leg now. In a final act of defiance, the man started to raise his own blaster rifle to kill Jason, but the mercenary Captain calmly kicked the rifle out of the man's grip, then finished him off with a bolt to the head at close range. The now limp body fell backwards to the ground, the mangled left knee bending backwards with the weight and motion of the knee joint, exposing the mangled remains of the tissue and bone that once was a human knee. The head, well, there was nothing left but a smoking mangled armored mess of a hole where the face and helmet had been.

"Chief?" Lasso asked calmly, resting his blaster rifle on one raised thigh as his foot secured a loose motor block for footing and the other foot secured the ground; thunderous reports of battle off in the not so distance buildings beyond sight. Up ahead, rows of destroyed blocks---some buildings still on fire----lay ahead as a waste ruin. Lasso took a final drag of his now shortened cigar before spitting it out on the ground and stepping on it to snuff it out. Like it mattered in this war zone anyways, but it was the thought that counted.

Chief of Security, Beskaryc Taab, finished off a near-by soldier to their far left with a single shot from his blaster carbine to the head, the soldier falling backwards like a folded piece of paper as his run towards them came to an unexpected and sudden halt. The Security Chief was next to Lasso soon thereafter, scanning the area, "All secure, Captain. The command bunker should be straight ahead, in that distance skyscraper, underground bunker. Two klicks from here."

"If we make it before that fire guts it," Lasso said, "Or before Havah's team, gets to it."

"Well," Taab said, in a rare moment of humanity, "We need to show those spooks who the better team is. Plus, Atin would never let me live it down if I allowed a bunch of spook geeks get to that gold first."

A whomp! thundered from behind them and a rocket-propelled missile shot out, streaking out along the road before them and, just as it reached the far corner of the block head, turned right and drove into the cockpit of the AT-ST, the walker coming into view at the cross streets of the corner in time for all to see, it's cockpit ablaze; the walker cockpit seemed to "slouch" on the walker legs, before falling over, smoking bellowing from the cockpit as it crashed into the ground.

Both Lasso and Taab turned around to see an armoredKilo Typhon standing behind them with a HH-15 projectile launcher over his shoulder. Lowering it, Kilo shrugged, "Don't be jealous."

Yavascout didn't give much thought to the poor soldiers in front of him, all 3 of them, guarding the last usable blast door into the underground levels of the skyscraper. Well, maybe, he thought they were uneducated bloody idiots---mercenaries like themselves, yet they (the Mercs) were educated---to allow an individual behind them in a closed off tunnel with only one way in or out, unless you activated the blast doors. But, the elf realized that he was cloaked after all. Well, was being the key phrase in that thought process, since he drove the combat knife deep into the soldier's back neck, between the armored helmet and chest armor. The soldier gasped loudly, which was expected, and the two other bloody idiots turned around to see what the noise was. At least Imperial Stormtroopers were smart enough to leave one pair of eyes turned front, but no, these bloody Model 210 personal armor wearing fools both turned around! Well, that was the plan anyways. At least Stormtroopers would of given more of a challenge.

Both soldiers went to raise their weapons to gun down Yavascout (who still held the now limp mercenary soldier in his grasp), but two forms behind them raised up and silently killed both soldiers with combat knives to the throats from behind. The limp bodies fell at the feet of Winterkill and Havah Jeth respectfully.

"Not bad tech for mercenaries," Winterkill observed the dead bodies, then moved to secure the rear where they had come from.

"Not bad at all," Havah said to Winterkill before he left for the rear; Havah bent down to examine one of the bodies, "Model 210 personal armor. Rare and expensive. Some high scale mercenary outfit this is.I wonder who is paying their bills."

"Now you take time to play scientist?" Yav asked, rolling his eyes, "We have a lot of gold to acquire through not so legal means if you would remember, while operating under the cover of saving some Wild Space planet from the authoritative oppression of mercenaries."

Masha Tinovorsh brought the nose of her fighter up...

TBC

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  3. Heavy Isotope

Oct 10, 2013
    I like it, I think it's got good weight to it and does exactly what you said, it also portrays us (the Mercs) to be a group that toes the line between "ragtag," and professionals, which makes it interesting. I will say I liked the intro scene from aboard Johnny Boy in the other draft you made, I think it's good to start out with the crew interacting a bit beforehand. That's just my opinion though, there'll always be the chance for dialogue after the current mission. I only suggest it so you can give background on why we're in a place like that to begin with. You mentioned gold, so I'm thinking it's some sort of heist, but taking place in a war zone?

I found the previous draft to better establish the scene, however this one is certainly more intense and the battlefield is more dynamic than the original setting. Which is good to start with to draw in the readers and writers.

As for which you should go with I can't say yet but I would definitely like to read more! :)

4. tyratoku

tyratoku Jedi Knight star 1

May 10, 2005
    Not really related to the RP, but has anyone been having this issue lately? Every time I close a tab from this site, it logs me out. Even if I come back five minutes later in a new tab I have to log in again. I have chrome remembering my password, I have it clicked to "keep me signed in", yet I have to log in every time? This only started happening last week or so. It's pretty annoying.

5. Heavy Isotope

Oct 10, 2013
    It could be a setting with your cookies, or if you have a script blocker? I have problems with this site too but it's mainly just glitches with the reply box.

6. SWBob

SWBob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 19, 2003
    I liked it. Cant wait to see how it unfolds.

Heavy Isotope likes this.
  7. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Re. Intro post

I liked the missile and AT-ST scene. Well written, almost cinematic.

Suggest losing one of the blasters. Sounds repetitive.

Either burst of fire from his A280 blaster rifle or burst of blaster fire from his A280 energy rifle.

When I read this, I smiled, as from a Yavscout POV, it felt like character development, that he likes wearing armour so much, that he can now tell what type is what, just by looking at it.

And with that in mind, Havah's statement, "Model 210 personal armor. Rare and expensive." felt to me like it would sound better coming from him.

The final Yav line about getting gold illegally just sounds so long, preachy, unnecessary, and I feel he would say something short about the armour, like, "Have I got time to take a few pieces?"

I don't feel that gold would be worth that much in the SW universe, and Wiki does not convince me otherwise.
    How about life crystals? A cargo bay of those can make a being quite wealthy.

Bravo and Heavy Isotope like this.
  8. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    More coming! Thoughts so far?

EDIT: Sith, I just saw your post. I'll make edits accordingly asap.

NOTICE

Okay all, remember these below posts are NOT In Character, rather Out of Character / Out of Game for review by players and staff for a fair, balance, and honest portrayal of Intervention playable characters for the introduction of the second game, Echoes in Eternity. These posts are to not be added upon to, edited, and / or otherwise altered or tagged henceforth to and any additions or other alterations to the posts are to only be done by Game Master Bravo. Any suggestions, concerns, reviews, and any other form of reply should be done in the Out of Game and / or Out of Character format to respect the purpose and intent of the Out of Game threads. No information from these posts may be used In Character in the current game of Intervention.

Did that sound legal enough to cover our bases for a OOG thread? ;) This notice will be posted above each post to respect the definition and function of the OOG threads.

Echoes in Eternity [Introduction] Draft Two, Part One (Take Two); 10-31-2013

Jason Lasso released a 3 round burst of blaster fire from his A280 blaster rifle, the black armored and silver visor trooper collapsing down on his now mangled left knee. Above, anti-air craft batteries from around the burning city gave response to a swirl of starfighters and air speeders in combat above the night sky. Rising out of the dirt trench that had been a temporary home, Lasso walked calmly up to the man who was grunting and snarling in pain, while holding his now destroyed left knee, near stub of a leg now. In a final act of defiance, the man started to raise his own blaster rifle to kill Jason, but the mercenary Captain calmly kicked the rifle out of the man's grip, then finished him off with a bolt to the head at close range. The now limp body fell backwards to the ground, the mangled left knee bending backwards with the weight and motion of the knee joint, exposing the mangled remains of the tissue and bone that once was a human knee. The head, well, there was nothing left but a smoking mangled armored mess of a hole where the face and helmet had been.

"Chief?" Lasso asked calmly, resting his blaster rifle on one raised thigh as his foot secured a loose motor block for footing and the other foot secured the ground; thunderous reports of battle off in the not so distance buildings beyond sight. Up ahead, rows of destroyed blocks---some buildings still on fire----lay ahead as a waste ruin. Lasso took a final drag of his now shortened cigar before spitting it out on the ground and stepping on it to snuff it out. Like it mattered in this war zone anyways, but it was the thought that counted.

Chief of Security, Beskaryc Taab, finished off a near-by soldier to their far left with a single shot from his blaster carbine to the head, the soldier falling backwards like a folded piece of paper as his run towards them came to an unexpected and sudden halt. The Security Chief was next to Lasso soon thereafter, scanning the area, "All secure, Captain. The command bunker should be straight ahead, in that distance skyscraper, underground bunker. Two klicks from here."

"If we make it before that fire guts it," Lasso said, "Or before Havah's team, gets to it."

"Well," Taab said, in a rare moment of humanity, "We need to show those spooks who the better team is. Plus, Atin would never let me live it down if I allowed a bunch of spook geeks get to that gold first."

A whomp! thundered from behind them and a rocket-propelled missile shot out, streaking out along the road before them and, just as it reached the far corner of the block head, turned right and drove into the cockpit of the AT-ST, the walker coming into view at the cross streets of the corner in time for all to see, it's cockpit ablaze; the walker cockpit seemed to "slouch" on the walker legs, before falling over, smoking bellowing from the cockpit as it crashed into the ground.

Both Lasso and Taab turned around to see an armoredKilo Typhon standing behind them with a HH-15 projectile launcher over his shoulder. Lowering it, Kilo shrugged, "Don't be jealous."

Yavascout didn't give much thought to the poor soldiers in front of him, all 3 of them, guarding the last usable blast door into the underground levels of the skyscraper. Well, maybe, he thought they were uneducated bloody idiots---mercenaries like themselves, yet they (the Mercs) were educated---to allow an individual behind them in a closed off tunnel with only one way in or out, unless you activated the blast doors. But, the elf realized that he was cloaked after all. Well, was being the key phrase in that thought process, since he drove the combat knife deep into the soldier's back neck, between the armored helmet and chest armor. The soldier gasped loudly, which was expected, and the two other bloody idiots turned around to see what the noise was. At least Imperial Stormtroopers were smart enough to leave one pair of eyes turned front, but no, these bloody Model 210 personal armor wearing fools both turned around! Well, that was the plan anyways. At least Stormtroopers would of given more of a challenge.

Both soldiers went to raise their weapons to gun down Yavascout (who still held the now limp mercenary soldier in his grasp), but two forms behind them raised up and silently killed both soldiers with combat knives to the throats from behind. The limp bodies fell at the feet of Winterkill and Havah Jeth respectfully.

"Not bad tech for mercenaries," Winterkill observed the dead bodies, then moved to secure the rear where they had come from.

"Not bad at all," Havah said to Winterkill before he left for the rear; Havah bent down to examine one of the bodies, "Model 210 personal armor. Rare and expensive. Some high scale mercenary outfit this is.I wonder who is paying their bills."

"Now you take time to play scientist?" Yav asked, rolling his eyes, "We have a lot of gold to acquire through not so legal means if you would remember, while operating under the cover of saving some Wild Space planet from the authoritative oppression of mercenaries."

Masha Tinovorsh brought the nose of her fighter up through the clouds, the landscape of clouds below her thundering with fiery exposions of fire and metal as flack and anti-aircarft guns gave the night a day-light feeling. But here, as she looked up at the double moons far above on the clear night, it was truly night. Cain Varss and Jensen Visak's fighters peaked through the below cloud cover to level their starfighters respectfully to Masha's port and starboard respectfully.

"Beautiful," Masha breathed over the comlink as she looked at the double moons above in the darkness of space, one a water world, the other a forest jungle; both moons were almost parallel of each other, the forest moon being further out and to the right of the smaller water moon.

Jensen and Cain both glanced up towards the moon, "And to think there is all that death down below us," Jensen thought as he looked at the double moons.

"Yea, well don't get comfortable," Cain said, "Not meaning to interrupt the walk in the park, but that mercenary base on that water moon has just launched another squadron of Vulture-class droid starfighters. They have a whole army and we got us."

"Well, we don't get paid to do it the easy way," Jensen said, "Plus, we have the planetary resistance fighting with us."

"And they called us again, why?" Cain replied.

"Point taken," Jensen said, more grimly now.

Cain nodded in the cockpit across the way to Jensen's starfighter, "Come back alive, Jensen."

"You too," Jensen replied.

"Okay boys, the bro-romance is over. Keep your heads on a swivel. Line up and meet those droids half way," Masha said, "Stay in formation. Lets go droid hunting. X foils in attack position. We need to give the ground team some more time."

"Yea, tell that to my fuel tank," Cain replied as he banked his starfighter up higher towards the end of the night sky and the beginning of the vacuum of space, following Masha.

The brightness of the mid day sun beat down on all below. The smoldering ruins of the city were in the distance, but the swirls of smoke just drifting from several buildings in the distance still wasn't enough to detour what the resistance group---the rightful government of this world---had wanted to do; flocks of birds flew from the buildings of the city now in the daylight and clear sky. Along the extended walk that lead from the ruined governmental palace---once white, now a darkened and misshaped war torn building----was a large landing pad, where the Mercs' new ILH-KK Citadel-class civilian cruiser, named the Luck's Gamble in honor of their destroyed Sentinel-class Landing Craft destroyed at Port Haven five months prior, sat, extended over a waterfall under them whose water fell into an ocean below. At the ramp of the Luck's Gamble stood Taab and Yavascout, flanking the several crates of gold bars on a hover sled; Havah Jeth stood directly behind the crates on the ramp, with Winterkill and Kilo up in the cockpit running pre-flight checklists. A honor guard of assembled resistance fighters, palace guards for the government, and government officials and other high ranking civilians all stood along the extended walkway of the landing ramp on either side, wearing whatever their best was.

Lasso was walking along side the once government-in-exile leader and now world leader again, as they walked towards the Luck's Gamble.

Jason wasn't a trained Force user, but what he know was this "Danger Sense". And it was going off rather loudly. He kept trying to ignore it, but the more this world leader spoke, the more common sense kicked in. His hands behind his back as he walked, the Corellian mercenary captain typed in a few quick codes into his wrist comlink.

"As I was saying Captain," the world leader spoke too smoothly, "The people and I do thank you. Without your help, we would have never been able to shake the hold of the Private Defense and Intervention Corporation."

"Rather strong for a mercenary unit," Lasso observed in response, "Advanced ground warfare equipment and armor for their soldiers; air defense units, starfighter intercept units, air speeders, land speeders, and even Imperial walkers. Not to mention the resources and capability of setting up a support base on that water moon in orbit. Whatever happened that such a righteous small world such as yours could attract an advance private army?"

"The power to control others, especially in Wild Space far from the resources and eyes of the Empire and the Emperor, causes many to rule over the lesser peoples."

Lasso nodded, "I suppose so," Jason replied, looking up towards the hot sun and squinting at the intensity of the sun before looking back to the world leader, "Still, most well-connected and supplied mercenaries know about each other. And the Private Defense and Intervention Corporation is no minor company; they have holdings in almost every major weapons and armor manufacturer around the galaxy and their corporate offices are in the CSA, far from the prying eyes of any governmental oversight committee from Coruscant or the Core Worlds. And if we think the CSA would ever think of turning in one of their own businesses to the Empire for investigation of illegal practices, we'll need to think again. So," Jason said, stopping and turning around, "Let me redefine my earlier question. What do you have that the PDIC wants or that one of their clients wants from you. There's enough pure gold bars we are taking from the PDIC to fiancee an average world's economy for a whole year."

"Are you accusing me of something, Captain Lasso? Because if you are, you can depart immediately."

"Oh, we were going to leave. But that wasn't the plan, was it?" Jason hit a few more buttons on his wrist comlink behind his back.

"What do you mean?" The world leader replied, his disposition rather raffled at this moment.

A rocket pack could be heard in the distance and Jason and the world leader looked off to the right, a bounty hunting wearing Mandalorian armor coming in from the distant cliff side. The bounty hunter dropped the camouflaged man down on the landing ramp----the man was stunned----and then the bounty hunter dropped the sniper rifle from his other hand grip onto the deck. The extended fuel and upgraded power of the modified rocket pack was needed for such a load to carry.

Lasso looked from the now landed bounty hunter to the world leader, "Because you were going to assassinate us. Or try to, I should clarify now. And then take the mercenary's gold to restart your world. And leave us high and dry. But you see, that wasn't the agreement, was it? The agreement was that you would provide us access to your remaining military assets in hiding, which you did, and then you would keep any left over military equipment from the PDIC that we didn't want. All we asked was the rights to what we knew---and you knew---were the significant gold payoff the mercenary unit had. We didn't ask any money from you nor did we take anything from you or require anything from you. But you, all along, wanted the PDIC gone and then wanted that gold. And we were going to be your ticket to both."

"That gold is ours!" the World Leader spat back, "My people have suffered and died under the rule of the PDIC for over a year."

"Don't play the saint card," Jason said, calmly withdrawing a cigar from a pouch on his belt and igniting it; the captain took a card, "Or did you think we wouldn't do our own digging to find the truth? The PDIC operates with high rollers in the credit market. Did you not think we would trace your own military back to an attack on the peaceful, and very rich I might add, world of A'kgar three years ago? An attack with no reason, other then the death of hundreds of thousands of civilians in carpet bombing as your government and army moved in for their natural resources. The head of military operations then: you. You personally advised the direct use of carpet bombing against military targets in civilian population centers. Your top military advisers then, now all the heads of departments of your government now. The story you sold your people: the natural resources rich planet of A'kgar was planning an invasion of your planet on gathered intelligence reports. So it was a first strike measure to prevent invasion. But, you and your government leaders then hid the truth. The truth of the death of hundreds of thousands of civilians."

"You don't know what happened," The world leader replied, "You weren't there."

"I know, I wasn't. But," a trio of bird-like creatures came flying in from the left, landing on the platform behind the bounty hunter with the rocket pack, "But the A'kgar were."

"I'm tired of these games," the world leader said, a Nemesis-class gunship coming down from the sky to hover to their left, "Now, hand over the gold. And then you may leave, after we kill these bird creatures."

Lasso took another drag from his cigar for a long moment before withdrawing it, "Do you think we're that stupid? Don't threaten me, because I find it insulting."

The gunship shook with impacts of heavy gunfire before breaking up, fiery debris going everywhere, honor guard and government officials running for cover. A piece of burning debris landing by the feet of Jason Lasso, the captain not moving, instead taking another drag of his cigar calmly, as he stared at the world leader who huddled in fear of the flaming debris. A massive engine noise and heat started to surround the area and the armored hull of a Marauder-class Corvette rose from the depths of the ocean below, water still dripping off of her, as her bow bow became even with that of the landing pad, where it hovered.

Lasso walked the few feet it now took to reach the crowd world leader. Jason crouched down, "Now, do we have an understanding? If you would of done your research, you would of known a Citidel-class starship only has docking ports for two starfighters. I had three starfighters. I don't show all my cards, but it was clear you were stupid enough---or playing the game I thought you were playing all along----to not ask the detailed questions any man with common sense should ask. So, don't play me as a fool. Oh, and your two CR90 Corellian Corvettes waiting in high orbit to capture us, my starfighters and my Corvette already took care of last night. The metor shower last night was my Corvette masking itself amongst your corvettes' debris as it made a landing here last night, waiting for my signal. So, like I said, don't threaten me, because I find it insulting."

Lasso stood up and turned around and walked towards the rocket pack bounty hunter, "Good job, Atin."

"No problem, Cap," the bounty hunter replied.

Lasso lowered his voice, "Watch my back, would you? It would be rather embarrassing to have that bad-*** moment and then get shot in the back. Did you get all the sniper nests cleaned up?"

"Yea," Atin said, "All seventeen of them around the cape. Took the night, but got it done quietly."

"Good," Lasso said, "Let's go home."

Atin smiled under his helmet, "Yes, sir," then adopted a very serious look under his helmet (although the government leaders and honor guard couldn't see it under his helmet) as he raised his blaster their way to detour any undesirable action.

"Mercs," Jason said out-loud as he walked towards the Luck's Gamble, "Mount up and load up. We're headed out."

TBC

9. Heavy Isotope

Oct 10, 2013
    Commentary for Masha:
    I love the bromance line. :p
    Is she flight lead on this mission?

The only thing that felt clunky was the repetition of "the world leader," it just sounds a bit off.
    My suggestion:
    "Rather strong for a mercenary unit, (name of world leader here)" Lasso observed in response,

A bit of grammar, just what I could pick up on:
    "There's enough pure gold bars we are taking from the PDIC to fiancee an average world's economy for a whole year."

Lasso walked the few feet it now took to reach the crowd world leader.

If you would of done your research, you would of known a

I don't know if 'would of' is a regional thing for the US, my understanding is it's 'would've' being short for 'would have.' In the US I've only ever lived on the West Coast and English isn't my first language, so I could be wrong.

[face_pumpkin] Happy halloween everyone. [face_skull] It's funny I've never actually done anything for halloween. :p

10. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Thoughts? Pretty much done at this point on this draft.

I will get to all suggested edits ASAP. This is just a draft to get the vision across, then add in the details later.

NOTICE

Echoes in Eternity [Introduction] Draft Two, Part One (Take Three); 10-31-2013

Masha Tinovorsh brought the nose of her fighter up through the clouds, the landscape of clouds below her thundering with fiery exposions of fire and metal as flack and anti-aircarft guns gave the night a day-light feeling. But here, as she looked up at the double moons far above on the clear night, it was truly night. Cain Varss and Jensen Visak's fighters peaked through the below cloud cover to level their starfighters respectfully to Masha's port and starboard respectfully.

"Beautiful," Masha breathed over the comlink as she looked at the double moons above in the darkness of space, one a water world, the other a forest jungle; both moons were almost parallel of each other, the forest moon being further out and to the right of the smaller water moon.

Jensen and Cain both glanced up towards the moon, "And to think there is all that death down below us," Jensen thought as he looked at the double moons.

"Yea, well don't get comfortable," Cain said, "Not meaning to interrupt the walk in the park, but that mercenary base on that water moon has just launched another squadron of Vulture-class droid starfighters. They have a whole army and we got us."

"Well, we don't get paid to do it the easy way," Jensen said, "Plus, we have the planetary resistance fighting with us."

Cain nodded in the cockpit across the way to Jensen's starfighter, "Come back alive, Jensen."

"Okay boys, the bro-romance is over. Keep your heads on a swivel. Line up and meet those droids half way," Masha said, "Stay in formation. Lets go droid hunting. X foils in attack position. We need to give the ground team some more time."

"Yea, tell that to my fuel tank," Cain replied as he banked his starfighter up higher towards the end of the night sky and the beginning of the vacuum of space, following Masha.

The brightness of the mid day sun beat down on all below. The smoldering ruins of the city were in the distance, but the swirls of smoke just drifting from several buildings in the distance still wasn't enough to detour what the resistance group---the rightful government of this world---had wanted to do; flocks of birds flew from the buildings of the city now in the daylight and clear sky. Along the extended walk that lead from the ruined governmental palace---once white, now a darkened and misshaped war torn building----was a large landing pad, where the Mercs' new ILH-KK Citadel-class civilian cruiser, named the Luck's Gamble in honor of their destroyed Sentinel-class Landing Craft destroyed at Port Haven five months prior, sat, extended over a waterfall under them whose water fell into an ocean below. At the ramp of the Luck's Gamble stood Taab and Yavascout, flanking the several crates of gold bars on a hover sled; Havah Jeth stood directly behind the crates on the ramp, with Winterkill and Kilo up in the cockpit running pre-flight checklists. A honor guard of assembled resistance fighters, palace guards for the government, and government officials and other high ranking civilians all stood along the extended walkway of the landing ramp on either side, wearing whatever their best was.

Lasso was walking along side the once government-in-exile leader and now world leader again, as they walked towards the Luck's Gamble.

Jason wasn't a trained Force user, but what he know was this "Danger Sense". And it was going off rather loudly. He kept trying to ignore it, but the more this world leader spoke, the more common sense kicked in. His hands behind his back as he walked, the Corellian mercenary captain typed in a few quick codes into his wrist comlink.

"As I was saying Captain," the world leader spoke too smoothly, "The people and I do thank you. Without your help, we would have never been able to shake the hold of the Private Defense and Intervention Corporation."

"Rather strong for a mercenary unit," Lasso observed in response, "Advanced ground warfare equipment and armor for their soldiers; air defense units, starfighter intercept units, air speeders, land speeders, and even Imperial walkers. Not to mention the resources and capability of setting up a support base on that water moon in orbit. Whatever happened that such a righteous small world such as yours could attract an advance private army?"

"The power to control others, especially in Wild Space far from the resources and eyes of the Empire and the Emperor, causes many to rule over the lesser peoples."

Lasso nodded, "I suppose so," Jason replied, looking up towards the hot sun and squinting at the intensity of the sun before looking back to the world leader, "Still, most well-connected and supplied mercenaries know about each other. And the Private Defense and Intervention Corporation is no minor company; they have holdings in almost every major weapons and armor manufacturer around the galaxy and their corporate offices are in the CSA, far from the prying eyes of any governmental oversight committee from Coruscant or the Core Worlds. And if we think the CSA would ever think of turning in one of their own businesses to the Empire for investigation of illegal practices, we'll need to think again. So," Jason said, stopping and turning around, "Let me redefine my earlier question. What do you have that the PDIC wants or that one of their clients wants from you. There's enough pure gold bars we are taking from the PDIC to fiancee an average world's economy for a whole year."

"Are you accusing me of something, Captain Lasso? Because if you are, you can depart immediately."

"Oh, we were going to leave. But that wasn't the plan, was it?" Jason hit a few more buttons on his wrist comlink behind his back.

"What do you mean?" The world leader replied, his disposition rather raffled at this moment.

A rocket pack could be heard in the distance and Jason and the world leader looked off to the right, a bounty hunting wearing Mandalorian armor coming in from the distant cliff side. The bounty hunter dropped the camouflaged man down on the landing ramp----the man was stunned----and then the bounty hunter dropped the sniper rifle from his other hand grip onto the deck. The extended fuel and upgraded power of the modified rocket pack was needed for such a load to carry.

Lasso looked from the now landed bounty hunter to the world leader, "Because you were going to assassinate us. Or try to, I should clarify now. And then take the mercenary's gold to restart your world. And leave us high and dry. But you see, that wasn't the agreement, was it? The agreement was that you would provide us access to your remaining military assets in hiding, which you did, and then you would keep any left over military equipment from the PDIC that we didn't want. All we asked was the rights to what we knew---and you knew---were the significant gold payoff the mercenary unit had. We didn't ask any money from you nor did we take anything from you or require anything from you. But you, all along, wanted the PDIC gone and then wanted that gold. And we were going to be your ticket to both."

"That gold is ours!" the World Leader spat back, "My people have suffered and died under the rule of the PDIC for over a year."

"Don't play the saint card," Jason said, calmly withdrawing a cigar from a pouch on his belt and igniting it; the captain took a card, "Or did you think we wouldn't do our own digging to find the truth? The PDIC operates with high rollers in the credit market. Did you not think we would trace your own military back to an attack on the peaceful, and very rich I might add, world of A'kgar three years ago? An attack with no reason, other then the death of hundreds of thousands of civilians in carpet bombing as your government and army moved in for their natural resources. The head of military operations then: you. You personally advised the direct use of carpet bombing against military targets in civilian population centers. Your top military advisers then, now all the heads of departments of your government now. The story you sold your people: the natural resources rich planet of A'kgar was planning an invasion of your planet on gathered intelligence reports. So it was a first strike measure to prevent invasion. But, you and your government leaders then hid the truth. The truth of the death of hundreds of thousands of civilians."

"I know, I wasn't. But," a trio of bird-like creatures came flying in from the left, landing on the platform behind the bounty hunter with the rocket pack, "But the A'kgar were."

"I'm tired of these games," the world leader said, a Nemesis-class gunship coming down from the sky to hover to their left, "Now, hand over the gold. And then you may leave, after we kill these bird creatures."

Lasso took another drag from his cigar for a long moment before withdrawing it, "Do you think we're that stupid? Don't threaten me, because I find it insulting."

The gunship shook with impacts of heavy gunfire before breaking up, fiery debris going everywhere, honor guard and government officials running for cover. A piece of burning debris landing by the feet of Jason Lasso, the captain not moving, instead taking another drag of his cigar calmly, as he stared at the world leader who huddled in fear of the flaming debris. A massive engine noise and heat started to surround the area and the armored hull of a Marauder-class Corvette rose from the depths of the ocean below, water still dripping off of her, as her bow bow became even with that of the landing pad, where it hovered.

Lasso walked the few feet it now took to reach the crowd world leader. Jason crouched down, "Now, do we have an understanding? If you would of done your research, you would of known a Citidel-class starship only has docking ports for two starfighters. I had three starfighters. I don't show all my cards, but it was clear you were stupid enough---or playing the game I thought you were playing all along----to not ask the detailed questions any man with common sense should ask. So, don't play me as a fool. Oh, and your two CR90 Corellian Corvettes waiting in high orbit to capture us, my starfighters and my Corvette already took care of last night. The metor shower last night was my Corvette masking itself amongst your corvettes' debris as it made a landing here last night, waiting for my signal. So, like I said, don't threaten me, because I find it insulting."

Lasso stood up and turned around and walked towards the rocket pack bounty hunter, "Good job, Atin."

Lasso lowered his voice, "Watch my back, would you? It would be rather embarrassing to have that bad-*** moment and then get shot in the back. Did you get all the sniper nests cleaned up?"

"Yea," Atin said, "All seventeen of them around the cape. Took the night, but got it done quietly."

Atin smiled under his helmet, "Yes, sir," then adopted a very serious look under his helmet (although the government leaders and honor guard couldn't see it under his helmet) as he raised his blaster their way to detour any undesirable action.

"Mercs," Jason said out-loud as he walked towards the Luck's Gamble, "Mount up and load up. We're headed out."

Officer's Meeting Room, Johnny Boy, hyperspace heading towards the Corporate Sector Authority

"Well?" Jason asked, leaning back in the seat at the head of the table, "What can you tell us?"

"I'm a Doctor, not a scientist," Chief Medical Officer Russel Cook responded calmly as he stood by the holoview screen alongside the wall; Yavascout, Taab, Havah Jeth, Winterkill, Chief Engineer Tim Williams, Lead Hanger Tech Ler (a droid), and Dak (the Captain's personal assistance droid) rounded out the company in the Officer's Meeting Room at the chairs provided.

"Your the best thing we got to a scientist," Lasso replied, "So your up."

"Well," Cook said to all gathered from the screen, "Your in luck. My expertise in Xenobiological studies as a Medical Doctor have provided some assets to this case. In short, the Empire's military aside, the galaxy revolves around six principles in order to operate day from day: the Imperial Treasury, Imperial Collection Agency, Imperial Taxation Bureau, Imperial Trade and Commerce Authority, Space Ministry, and the Bureau of Ships and Services. Despite everyone's claims to the independence of each organization's operational ability alone, in truth, not one of these organizations, maybe except for the Bureau of Ships and Services, can operate without the other. Everything, from fiancee and movement----the two key principles aside from a being's health in life---are provided through these six organizations.

"With that said, unless someone would want to invest thousands of credits into a processing plant for gold or any other crystal or mineral for that matter, it is far less cheaper in the short run to go through another company. Despite the criminal underground's ability to counterfeit the credit and the Invisible Economy, it is still much cheaper, safer, and, oddly enough, less traceable----if you know what your doing---if you go through the proper official channels. But whether your going through the less legal channels, where everyone talks for a price, or through the government channels where it can be traced, the point remains that everything, legal or illegal, can be traced back to it's source of origins if given enough dedication and time.

"The seven crates we recovered were full of Ice-Jewels, Crytalline Vertex, a handful of Life Crystals, Nova Crystals, a few Krayt Dragon Pearls, Gold, and even Silver. Out of all of that, three creates were dedicated to gold, one crate to silver, one crate to Crytalline Vertex, one crate to Nova Crystals, and one crate to a mix of Ice-Jewels, Life Crystals, and Krayt Dragon Pearls. All together, if all traded in, enough currency to run an average planet for three years. While the crystals are harder to trace, gold, silver, and crytalline vertex are easier to trace, especially gold and silver. Basically, everything has a code---every Galactic Credit Standard has a trace code in it. And, since it is currency, so does gold and silver. The higher you go up in society, the more delicate and hidden these codes are, as to preserve the look of the gold or silver away from defect and make it as pure as it can be. In the highest circles of elite society, these codes can be impossible to discover unless you have the proper equipment. But the Empire can trace everything that is it's own. While we don't have the equipment to find such trade codes, what we do have is highly sensitive medical equipment, which given the proper modifications, can be used in the same fashion as currency equipment.

"I was able to discover a matching code in several of the gold bars, which indicates they all came from the bunch. While three crates of gold bars may seem like a lot---and very heavy---on the galactic scale, it is a very small amount, yet an amount by any means not let out of sight easily without someone noticing. While no banks have put on alerts for missing gold, and they wouldn't since this is all privately owned gold bars, the trace codes can be matched. While I need to have official government access codes to access such database searching, I was able to find a few odd ends that I can't quite explain."

"Such as?" Jason asked at the Doctor's pause.

"Some of the bars of gold belong to the lost colony ship, Spirit of the Black Sea, which was lost in the Unknown Regions hundreds of years ago and never heard from again."

"Your point other then children's ghost stories?" Yavascout asked.

"Most of us remember the Galactic Treasure Hunting Corporation?" Russel asked.

Most everyone nodded at the sour memory over Asteroid One against GTH, "Well," Russel Cook said, "At least one of those gold bars can be traced back to the GTHC directly. Call it a wild goose chase, but I don't think the galaxy's largest privately owned treasure hunting corporation would loose a gold bar so carelessly, considering they specialize in treasure and gold. And, if GTHC can be traced to the Spirit of the Black Sea, we may have some hope. The GTHC was working for The Beasts and, if we can find a GTHC ship, it may---"

"May have a workable Red Space jump drive," Lasso finished for the Doctor, "Or at least the ability to get access to one or, through the GTHC, know where we can find the Kingdom of Jod. But Doctor," Jason said, "What in this galaxy would want me to give up the life of raiding Imperial supply stations, hit and run actions against Imperial shipyards, and huge paydays like the one we just had? Because, the Jod promised us that they would return, and instead they disappeared. And we've been waiting for them ever since and they never showed up. So maybe everything was a bad dream with the Jod and nothing more then a wild goose chase with some religious fanatics."

"Captain, we all have our reservations about the Kingdom of Jod. But, this isn't about the Jod, at least not directly." Russel put in.

"Care to explain?" Taab asked.

The Doctor nodded, pulling out his chair and grabbing a clothed wiped object that appeared to be in the shape of a gold bar, as it had the radiance to shine through the heavy cloth with bizarre shapes and words on it's surface under the cloth. When the Doctor put it on the table, it made a loud thunk noise. "This," Russel said, "It's a warning."

Heavy Isotope likes this.
  11. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    I got a special "toy" in the mail yesterday as my wife bought me the Bounty Hunter Code.

I have already skimmed over most of it and this will be a great boon to me in providing more depth to my Mandalorian characters going forward. So expect further references to it in future posts! :D

[​IMG]

greyjedi125, Bravo and Heavy Isotope like this.
  12. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Well, he's home now, so barring anything untoward, after I get a good nights' sleep, I will try to return to my usual posting schedule.

Been visualising the next step in the DD boarding, and would like to get that up.

Intro query

Re. the buildings on fire.

a) What the frag did we do?

b) Should Lasso, a former firefighter, feel anything about that? I don't think we had any burning buildings during Intervention. Or certainly none where he could see them?

13. Heavy Isotope

Oct 10, 2013
    Goodnight Sith :p I hope your Dad is doing better too. :)

Looking forward to it. [face_mischief]

14. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    That was awesome!

15. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Okay, editing the last part of the intro a bit.

16. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Sith-I-5, the intro is to just give an introduction to the game. The results of the building fire I could less about, it's just for detail. The command bunker is downstairs anyways.

17. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Thoughts? Pretty much done at this point on this draft.

Okay, final. Thoughts?

NOTICE

Echoes in Eternity [Introduction] Draft Two, Part One (Take Four); 11-01-2013

Jason Lasso released a 3 round burst from his A280 blaster rifle, the black armored and silver visor trooper collapsing down on his now mangled left knee. Above, anti-air craft batteries from around the burning city gave response to a swirl of starfighters and air speeders in combat above the night sky. Rising out of the dirt trench that had been a temporary home, Lasso walked calmly up to the man who was grunting and snarling in pain, while holding his now destroyed left knee, near stub of a leg now. In a final act of defiance, the man started to raise his own blaster rifle to kill Jason, but the mercenary Captain calmly kicked the rifle out of the man's grip, then finished him off with a bolt to the head at close range. The now limp body fell backwards to the ground, the mangled left knee bending backwards with the weight and motion of the knee joint, exposing the mangled remains of the tissue and bone that once was a human knee. The head, well, there was nothing left but a smoking mangled armored mess of a hole where the face and helmet had been.

Yavascout didn't give much thought to the poor soldiers in front of him, all 3 of them, guarding the last usable blast door into the underground levels of the skyscraper. Well, maybe, he thought they were uneducated bloody idiots---mercenaries like themselves, yet they (the Mercs) were educated---to allow an individual behind them in a closed off tunnel with only one way in or out, unless you activated the blast doors. But, the elf realized that he was cloaked after all. Well, was being the key phrase in that thought process, since he drove the combat knife deep into the soldier's back neck, between the armored helmet and chest armor. The soldier gasped loudly, which was expected, and the two other bloody idiots turned around to see what the noise was. At least Imperial Stormtroopers were smart enough to leave one pair of eyes turned front, but no, these bloody armored wearing fools both turned around! Well, that was the plan anyways. At least Stormtroopers would of given more of a challenge.

"Not bad at all," Havah said to Winterkill before he left for the rear; Havah bent down to examine one of the bodies, "Model 210 personal armor. Rare and expensive. Some high scale mercenary outfit this is. I wonder who is paying their bills with all of that rumored gold they have."

"Have I got time to take a few pieces?" Yav asked.

The brightness of the mid day sun beat down on all below. The smoldering ruins of the city were in the distance, but the swirls of smoke just drifting from several buildings in the distance still wasn't enough to detour what the resistance group---the rightful government of this world---had wanted to do; flocks of birds flew from the buildings of the city now in the daylight and clear sky. Along the extended walk that lead from the ruined governmental palace---once white, now a darkened and misshaped war torn building----was a large landing pad, where the Mercs' new ILH-KK Citadel-class civilian cruiser, named the Luck's Gamble in honor of their destroyed Sentinel-class Landing Craft destroyed at Port Haven five months prior, sat, extended over a waterfall under them whose water fell into an ocean below. At the ramp of the Luck's Gamble stood Taab and Yavascout, flanking the several crates full of Ice-Jewels, Crytalline Vertex, a handful of Life Crystals, Nova Crystals, a few Krayt Dragon Pearls, Gold, and even Silver on the hover sled; Havah Jeth stood directly behind the crates on the ramp, with Winterkill and Kilo up in the cockpit running pre-flight checklists. A honor guard of assembled resistance fighters, palace guards for the government, and government officials and other high ranking civilians all stood along the extended walkway of the landing ramp on either side, wearing whatever their best was.

Jason wasn't a trained Force user, but what he know was this "Danger Sense". And it was going off rather loudly. He kept trying to ignore it, but the more this world leader, President Trankvav, spoke, the more common sense kicked in. His hands behind his back as he walked, the Corellian mercenary captain typed in a few quick codes into his wrist comlink.

"As I was saying Captain," President Trankvav spoke too smoothly, "The people and I do thank you. Without your help, we would have never been able to shake the hold of the Private Defense and Intervention Corporation."

"Oh, we were going to leave. But that wasn't the plan, was it?" Jason stopped, turned to President Trankvav, and hit a few more buttons on his wrist comlink behind his back.

"What do you mean?" Trankvav replied, his disposition rather raffled at this moment.

Lasso looked from the now landed bounty hunter to the world leader, "Because you were going to assassinate us. Or try to, I should clarify now. And then take the mercenaries' payment we now have to restart your world. And leave us high and dry. But you see, that wasn't the agreement, was it? The agreement was that you would provide us access to your remaining military assets in hiding, which you did, and then you would keep any left over military equipment from the PDIC that we didn't want. All we asked was the rights to what we knew---and you knew---were the significant payoff the mercenary unit had. We didn't ask for any credits from you nor did we take anything from you or require anything from you. But you, all along, wanted the PDIC gone and then wanted that payoff. And we were going to be your ticket to both."

"Those credits and jewels and whatever else is ours!" the Trankvav spat back, "My people have suffered and died under the rule of the PDIC for over a year."

"Don't play the saint card," Jason said, calmly withdrawing a cigar from a pouch on his belt and igniting it; the captain took a drag of his cigar, "Or did you think we wouldn't do our own digging to find the truth? The PDIC operates with high rollers in the credit market. Did you not think we would trace your own military back to an attack on the peaceful, and very rich I might add, world of A'kgar three years ago? An attack with no reason, other then the death of hundreds of thousands of civilians in carpet bombing as your government and army moved in for their natural resources. The head of military operations then: you. You personally advised the direct use of carpet bombing against military targets in civilian population centers. Your top military advisers then, now all the heads of departments of your government now. The story you sold your people: the natural resources rich planet of A'kgar was planning an invasion of your planet on gathered intelligence reports. So it was a first strike measure to prevent invasion. But, you and your government leaders then hid the truth. The truth of the death of hundreds of thousands of civilians."

"I'm tired of these games," Trankvav said, a Nemesis-class gunship coming down from the sky to hover to their left, "Now, hand over the gold and other crates! And then you may leave, after we kill these bird creatures."

The gunship shook with impacts of heavy gunfire before breaking up, fiery debris going everywhere, honor guard and government officials running for cover. A piece of burning debris landing by the feet of Jason Lasso, the captain not moving, instead taking another drag of his cigar calmly, as he stared at the world leader who huddled in fear of the flying debris. A massive engine noise and heat started to surround the area and the armored hull of a Marauder-class Corvette rose from the depths of the ocean below, water still dripping off of her, as her bow became even with that of the landing pad, where it hovered.

Lasso walked the few feet it now took to reach the world leader. Jason crouched down, "Now, do we have an understanding? If you would of done your research, you would of known a Citidel-class starship only has docking ports for two starfighters. I had three starfighters. I don't show all my cards, but it was clear you were stupid enough---or playing the game I thought you were playing all along----to not ask the detailed questions any man with common sense should ask. So, don't play me as a fool."

Lasso lowered his voice, "Watch my back, will you? It would be rather embarrassing to have that bad-*** moment and then get shot in the back. Did you get all the sniper nests cleaned up?"

Troop Rec Room, Johnny Boy, hyperspace heading towards the Corporate Sector Authority

Lasso was finishing a set of pull-ups after a long work-out, when the good doctor himself, Chief Medical Officer Russel Cook, walked in. "Doc," Jason strained through words as he finished his last pull-up and dropped to the matted floor below the bar above.

"Captain Lasso," Russel replied in the all too familiar smile.

"What did I do this time?" Lasso asked, wiping the sweat from his face with a work-out towel nearby.

"Well, its not what you did do, its what you didn't do."

"Hu-huh," Jason said, taking a sip of water from his water bottle.

"You need to start taking the reentry protocols more serious, Captain. You and the others were on that planet for a full month. Who knows what unknown bacteria you brought aboard the ship. It could start a uncontrolled chain-reaction of illnesses and even death if I don't have the right medications or equipment to stop an epidemic soon enough."

"I'll try better next time, Doc," Lasso said, nodding to the data-pad the doctor was holding, "Supplies?"

"Well, yes," Russel said, "But you need to get to the medical bay for decon as soon as---"

"Supplies, Doc? I'll see you in the medical bay in ten minutes. Now, what do we need?"

Russel sighed, "Almost everything. Those 'mercy missions' where we went supplies down from the Luck's Gamble to the planet's surface drained us more then usual. Next time, I would appreciate it if you would notify me when you plan on such missions," Russel handed Jason the data-pad.

Lasso glanced through the data on the pad, "A pretty penny. Good thing we just got one of the biggest paid days in recent memory today."

"Our first payday in almost two months," Russel added.

"Comes with the territory," Lasso said, "This payday will keep the short timers on board a bit longer and give added insensitive to the regulars to stay. Keep the masses happy and you win as a ship captain."

"I guess so," Russel said, "Have you heard anything from Corellia or the Alliance?"

Jason shook his head, "Nope. Still nothing. And it's been five months. Maybe the whole Kingdom of Jod thing was just a nightmare and we just woke up."

"I wish it was," Russel said, "Have you tried reaching out to Commander Streets again on Rhen Var?"

"Yea," Jason said as the pair exited the gym and headed to the turbolift, "But even the Jod people with him on base don't know where the Jod went. All normal lines of communication and travel with them have been inactive. It's like the Jod just picked up and left, leaving us with a handful of their personnel as a token gift of thanks."

"Well, I hope the Jod reappear soon," Russel said as the two entered the turbolift and headed for the medical bay, "Have you heard the latest news across the HoloNet?"

"Yea," Jason said grimly, "It looks like our Rebel friends are getting the stuffing's beat out of them by the Empire. So much for the Battle of Yavin, huh?"

"Are we going to help?" Russel asked as the turbolift stopped and they exited, making their way to the medical bay.

"Once we rearm, refuel, and resupply in the Craci System, I'll look into it. There's plenty of damage we can do to the Empire in this part of the galaxy anyhow. No need in attracting the likes of Darth Vader and company near Yavin if we don't need to."

"Craci System, are you sure that's wise?" Russel asked, "Those planets will be crawling with Espos and the customs check points will be numerous in space."

"Well, it's the safest place in the CSA for us to resupply without drawing attention. And a good place for recruits. It'll be the last place the CSA or the Empire will look for us, since it's so crowded with the general public. We'll blend right in."

"In a Marauder-class Corvette armed to the teeth with military grade weaponry?" Russel asked, palming the door for entry into the medical bay and two walked in.

Lasso grinned, "You need to have more faith in me then that."

18. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I'm not assigning any flight leads yet until we know who's coming back for the next game and who's joining new for the game.

19. Heavy Isotope

Oct 10, 2013
    No worries. I'm just asking because she's not that experienced, so if she was it'd be her first command.

20. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Thoughts?

Please please please, take the second 'a' out of Yavascout!

It's Yavscout, alright, Yavscout!

I don't want new players thinking your mis-spell that has survived more drafts than Captain Jack Harkness, is the way he is spelt.

Okay, story, very very good! Love the whole Ak'gar twist, and landing pad scene.

We should definitely use my earlier suggestion about Yav wanting Atin learning Angel Cakes instead of fighting, and it contrasts wonderfully with him in fact taking out seventeen sniper nests during the night. [face_praying]

Typos

I believe you need to replace "detour" with "deter". At least two instances.

Repetition

Does this replace the scene aboard the Johnny Boy when we are approaching the planet, and Lasso and Yav are in the lift?

If not, then you probably don't need all this again: where the Mercs' new ILH-KK Citadel-class civilian cruiser, named the Luck's Gamble in honor of their destroyed Sentinel-class Landing Craft destroyed at Port Haven five months prior,

You explained all that before.

Query

Can Lasso type complicated codes into his wristlink when he is holding it behind his back? Why not one or two buttons?

Bravo, when I post, I will be updating your SCA Captain Maximus as well.

21. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Below is my updated character sheet for the next game. Please use it as a reference for your updated character sheets. Heavy has already PMed me an excellent character sheet for the next game. Heavy and Vehn, please add your call signs under your character's names and add height to appearance.

On a personal note, I am advancing Lasso's age to better reflect my own life experience. When I first created this character sheet, I had just left the Fire Service in real life. I want to flush out my own character's experience with my own life experience, which I will edit memory posts accordingly and the only difference will be a change in education level. It won't affect in game character usage what-so-ever, since it won't give my character any in-character advantage what-so-ever, since any skills I gained in college in real life reflect management practice and Christian theology. Just summed up, I'm older and want to play an older "Lasso". It makes me feel better, I guess. :p

Name: Jason Lasso
    Call Sign: Quagmire
    Species: Human
    Home World: Corellia
    Affiliation: The Mercs​
    Personality
    ---Traits: Punctual, inquisitive, observant; every bit the culture of a Corellian as well.​
    ---Likes: Staying in shape, learning and exploring new things, exploring wreckage of starships and sea vessels, studying history, hanging out with friends, playing holo games, watching holo movies, reading books (both paper and holo disk), eating carrots (and chewing gum and beef jerky), and helping people. He has also developed a taste for cigars now and then.​
    ---Dislikes: People with evil intent, arrogant people, liars, politics (Lasso really hates politics), and the Galactic Empire​
    ---Habits: Scratching his head, cracking his knuckles and fingers, rubbing his face when tired, scratching his feet with each other​
    Appearance
    ---Skin Color: Light​
    ---Height: 1.77 meters (5 feet, 10 inches)​
    ---Hair Color: Brown​
    ---Eye Color: Blue-Gray​
    ---Clothing:​

Every-day clothing:

Black pants (like these, not blue in color) tucked into black boots with two brown blaster thigh holsters around each thigh; a brown utility belt is around the waist (the pouches came with everything, including extra energy packs, rations, water, tools and equipment, and even a gold compass). The right holster carries a S-5 heavy blaster pistol for main use, while the left holster carries a WESTAR-34 blaster pistol for last defense close range use. A forest green short-sleeve shirt covers the chest, while a brown bandolier (single strap) goes across the chest from right shoulder to just above the left hip; a knife with brown scabbard is attached to the bandolier near the upper right chest. A small scabbard, intended for a lightsaber hilt, sits on the left hip for an easy draw, but is currently empty. A jacket like this (without the puffed up neck roll collar) covers the torso further (the "Merc Symbol" could be seen on the right shoulder arm, the Old Jedi Order symbol on the left arm, and the Novahawk---Rebel Privateers--- on the left front mid flap of the coat); blue sunglasses covers the eyes, but are currently put safely away on a added pouch on the utility belt. A brown leather covered PAC20 visual wrist comlink was on the left forearm, build into the black phrik-armored wristband gauntlet, which were on both forearms. A pair of brown tactical fingerless gloves were folded away on the right side of the belt in front, an additional brown C1 personal comlink being in a small pouch on the left side of the belt. For good measure, a A280 blaster rifle could be scrapped across his back, although this was done without the jacket in place. If the jacket was in place, the A280 blaster rifle was carried by hand or shouldered by the strap. Lasso only carried the A280 blaster rifle when he knew he needed the extra firepower and was rarely seen outside of a known combat situation (aka it wasn't usually seen, unless needed).​

Starfighter Suit:

A standard Rebel Flight Suit (all the gear and equipment with it) black in color; the shoulders of the flight suit were yellow, as was the flak vest, life support box, and webbing. A S-5 heavy blaster pistol was holstered around the right thigh with a black holster, while the pistol flares (see "Behind the scenes" on Rebel Flight Suit) could be attached to the barrel of the blaster pistol and used. A survival knife is attached to the left thigh in a black scabbard.​
    The helmet was in two colors: black on the right side of the helmet and yellow on the left side of the helmet. The visor was black in color. On either side of the front of the helmet just above the visor were the words QUAGMIRE, the first 4 letters in italic yellow words on the right side of the helmet and the last 4 words in italic black words on the left side of the helmet. On either side of the helmet is a picture of a cartoon-looking bird hitting a cliff wall, the picture being in various colors; the bird is white, with its startled face looking out towards the viewer of the picture with large white eyes and black pupils; its yellow beak is open in shock as its body hits the brown cliff. With feathers flying in all directions, the bird's feet are yellow. The background of the picture is a white circle background in which the picture is contained.​

Extreme Encounter Suit (EES):

Rarely used and only when needed. Imagine here. Modifications described below:​
    • The torso and arm armor (hands, arms, shoulders, chest, mid-section down to belt) would remain the same. Armor would be the same Batsuit mix ("...bodysuit is made of hardened kevlar plates on titanium-dipped tri-weave fibers and is broken into multiple pieces of armor over a more flexible bodysuit for greater mobility." [1]) Add in there that the kevlar plates have been upgraded to blaster armor that is equal in ratio, weight, and protection that the kevlar would be to bullets. Also add in there that the titanium-dipped tri-weave fibers and kevlar equal blaster armor have been laced with Cortosis-weave armor.
    • The groin armor, leg armor, and boots would remain the same (and be upgraded where applicable to equal blaster armor) and feature Cortosis-weave armor.
    • Keep the cape, remove any Bat Symbols or other Batman related themes, and have cape be Armorweave.
    Removing
    1. Remove the Bat Symbol across the chest and leave blank. Also, remove blades in gauntlets and leave just black.
    2. Remove the Bat Belt and replace with a similar looking all black belt with no symbols.
    3. Remove the helmet
    Adding
    • An Imperial Stormtrooper body glove under the armor.
    Helmet
    • The helmet would be as close to head forming as possible with the specs of an Imperial Stormtrooper helmet (see Stormtrooper armor). Everything has been reduced in size on the helmet (no bulky filters as with the stormtrooper helmet). Although this reduction in size has cost the helmet, in that, everything that the stormtrooper helmet can do is cut by 50% in length of time by the smaller versions in my suit's helmet.
    • The helmet would look like the "Lost in Space" Battle Armor, without the rivet look, and instead have a smooth looking surface.
    • The helmet's "eyes" would be yellow in color.
    • The communication system would have the familiar Stormtrooper filter noise while speaking to the outside world.
    Equipment
    (Note: Based off of Stormtrooper Armor, with additions)​
    Weapons
    • 1 E-11 blaster rifle
    • 2 WESTAR-34 blaster pistols (black hip holsters along both outside thighs)
    • 1 Combat Knife (In black holster, upside down---with handle downwards instead of upwards---below right shoulder)
    • 1 throwing knife on upper part of left gauntlet (in a build-in scabbard for the knife in the gauntlet)
    • 2 Phrik Gladius (on back, with hilts facing downward---instead of upwards---for removal from black scabbard.
    • 2 Lightsabers (green blade); have yet to obtain, need to "build them" (not part of armor right now). Will replace both swords.
    Coloring
    • Whole Armor; would have a gray color scheme (see "Warm / Cool gray," bottom gray color in the right box)
    • Left Shoulder and Left Breast (Chest); a checker scheme of black and yellow boxes would cascade down (not like a waterfall, but in a designed formal way) from where the left shoulder and neck are, across the front and width and side of the left shoulder, down the side armor of the shoulder, then down on the left breast of the armor, ending just under the left breast.
    • Helmet; yellow eyes (as already stated above) with whole helmet same gray color as the rest of the armor.
    • Cape is black.
    • Boots are the gray armor color.
    • Holsters, scabbards, and belts are black.
    Special Ability
    • The armor suit can function as a starfighter flight suit
    • Like with stormtrooper armor, can survive in the vacuum of space (but only for 10 minutes, not 20 minutes)
    • Helmet features an advanced HUD device for the user (imagine here)
    ---Other Attributes: Is athletically fit and weighs in at 236 pounds. He has an athletic build and stays in shape.​
    ---Other Details: His hair is cut to a fade style haircut.​
    Weapons: See clothing above.​
    Skills (NEW!!!)
    ---Primary Skill: Starfighter Piloting​
    ---Secondary Skill: Soldier; good at shooting, squad level combat, and infantry tactics, as well as hand-to-hand combat.​
    ---Life Experience:​
    1. Capital Ship Command
    2. Martial Arts
    3. Mechanic and/or "Handy Man"
    Education (NEW!!!)
    ---General Education: Corellian High School graduate, some Corellian private university and community college experience
    ---Specialized Education: Corellian Fire Academy​
    Flaws / Limitations (NEW!!!)
    ----Physical: Has right shoulder problems due to an old weight lifting injury / neck problems due to an old injury as well (will often get a painful stiff neck and shoulder).
    ----Mental: Memory loss due to a starfighter accident​
    ---Emotional: Loss of family to an Imperial Stormtrooper raid; can become very unreasonable around that memory. The loss of his family often drives him to very dangerous limits in terms of combat and he does not think clearly.​
    ---General: Took a considerable amount of time away from martial arts and weight lifting; is not very polished in martial arts and is very rusty.​
    ---Character Critical Failure: Inability to swim (or hold breath) with any functionality for any length of time.​
    Starship
    ---Name: Sweetheart
    ---Speed: 100 MGLT
    ---Hull Rating: Stock model​
    ---Shields: Stock model​
    ---Ejection System: Yes​
    ---Life Support: Yes​
    ---Hyperdrive Class: Class 1.0​
    ---Weapon(s): Stock model​
    ---Passenger(s): 0​
    ---Max Cargo (kg): 110kg​
    ---Interior Description: Stock model​
    ---Other Details: Black fuselage from the engines to the half way point of the canopy, with yellow taking over from the half way point of the canopy to the nose. The wings are black on the half way point to the aft part of the wings and yellow on the half way point to the forward part of the wings. The laser cannons would be a alternating color between the four cannons of all black for two of them and all yellow for the other two, each color being diagonal and opposite of the other color. On the forward part of the starfighter to the nose of the starfighter, on either side, would be the front half of a dire-cat in full color with claws out-stretched, mouth open with teeth and drool showing, in an attacking position facing towards the nose of the starfighter.​
    The Force
    ---Sensitivity: Force-sensitive
    ---Religion: Jedi
    ---Lightsaber​
    -----Crystal(s): From Ilum
    -----Blade(s): 2​
    -----Color(s): Green​
    -----Handle Description(s): 2, N/A​
    ---Force Abilities: Level One (see "Force Chart" in Quick Reference)​
    ---Force Weakness: Lack of experience and official training; "rogue and rough" in his skills.​
    ---Other Force Object(s): N/A​
    Biography
    ---Personal History: Jason Lasso was born on Corellia to middle class parents. After graduation from high school, Lasso tried to enter the Imperial Academy to become a TIE Fighter Pilot, which was his dream. When his dreams were cut short even before he had the option to apply for the Imperial Academy, the eighteen year-old went into the Fire Academy to pursue a career in the Fire Service. After six years in the fire service, he went in a new direction: college. After some college and the fire service experience, Lasso tried a new direction: mercenary.​

Although it may seem a radical change, from fire fighter to mercenary, Lasso's journey wasn't without preparation. With the beating heart of a starfighter pilot still deep within, the young man always wanted to chase after the stars; he wasn't fully happy towards the later years in the fire service, there was something missing, something deep down inside of him, that he wasn't doing. After a journey of almost two years in which the young Lasso traveled the galaxy and worked in his career field, he picked up experience in martial arts, which he put a great deal of effort into; he also started studies into a high school-born obsession of studying galactic history, which he had many sleepless nights over study books of galactic history. After almost two years had come about, Lasso realized that at some point his fire career was more routine, more like a job and forced labor, than it was his dream anymore. Once the fun had left him for his career, he decided to go in a new direction.​

After his family was murdered at the hands of Imperial Stormtroopers, Jason Lasso fled from Corellia in part of rumors that the Empire was now looking for him and in part because of fear. He was aided by the secret anti-Imperial Corellian spy organization known as The Orginzation (who his father worked for and why his parents were killed) during his escape and early direction to the mercenary organization known as The Mercs, but it would be some months before the young Jason Lasso joined up with the Mercs.​

When Lasso finally ended up at Port Haven to meet these Mercs, after several months of filling his thirst for revenge against the Empire for his parents' deaths, young Lasso was able to impress a certain man by the name of Rick Taller. It turned out this Rick Taller fellow was the leading officer, the Captain, of a small mercenary squadron of pilots known as The Mercs. The older and experienced Taller was willing to give Lasso a shot at his dream of becoming a starfighter pilot in exchange for one promise: that Lasso would survive past his first mission. Lasso would come to respect that line from the old man, learning from his own experience as a mercenary pilot---however limited it was at the time---that surviving every mission was the challenge, not just getting past the first mission.​

As of the Battle of Watava in 3 months before the Battle of Yavin, Lasso was a young flight lead with the Mercs, being with them only for several months at that point. A accidental study of a mysterious rock known as the Red Rock would propell the Mercs and Lasso into a ensuring 3 month fight for their lives against the Empire, mysterious "Beast Forces," the Galactic Treasure Hunters, rogue Rebel fractions within the Rebel Alliance, and a encounter with the mysterious and thought mythical government known as the Kingdom of Jod. Lasso would form close relationships with both Winterkill and Havah Jeth during this time, the latter trying to kill him during this time period.​

Also during the 3 months after Watava, Jason would almost die and be saved by "The Whites," be awaken to his Force abilities while aboard a Imperial Star Destroyer and trying to escape, face the Mercs' arch enemy in ISB Investigator Hilick Soal and be tortured by him to the point of near-breaking, only to find inner strength and purpose through it and realize that Hilick Soal had a vision----and a purpose to torturing Jason Lasso---to bring down the Galactic Empire, if not through Hilick personally, but through the will of the Force.​
    Lasso would serve in countless engagements with the Mercs during the 3 months before 0 BBY, including:​

• Watava
    • Octagon on Port Haven
    • A space battle above Port Haven
    • A Imperial trap in a destroyed Rebel Alliance fleet's debris
    • The events of Asteroid One
    • Imperial Supply Base mission against the Imperial Star Destroyer Terminator
    • Rescue of Winterkill after the Imperial Supply Base
    • Escape from a Victory-class Star Destroyer above the same planet and introduction of Doctor Russel Cook to the Mercs
    • Defense of the Johnny Boy against Commando Droids
    • Defense of the Johnny Boy against hidden explosives by Imperial agents
    • Mission to capture the "Last Battle of the Red Rock Kingdom," also known as the Imperial Convoy Mission (where he was saved by "The Whites" just before death)
    • The Imperial trap of King Alex "the Just"
    • The Block
    • The evacuation of the Planet of Exile
    • Battle of Port Haven
    Lasso also served with the Jod Military Forces briefly in the King's Army during the Jod Civil Warin 0 BBY as a King's Army Soldier.​

After returning from Hilick Soal's torture between the Block and the evacuation of the Planet of Exile (the stint with the Jod Military Forces was after the Block and before the Planet of Exile), Captain Taller (who lost his legs at Patch-4) hands over command of the Mercs and their beloved command ship, the Johnny Boy, to Lasso after seeing the fighting desire to continue Taller's quest for justice against the Galactic Empire.​

---Military History: Mercenary work only​

---Traumatic Experiences: Receiving word that his family was killed by Imperial Stormtroopers when information was linked to his family aiding the Rebel Alliance; the loss of a good friend in fellow fire fighter Steven Neil, near death during the Imperial Convoy Mission, and torture at the hands of Hilick Soal.​

22. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Working on amending your CS to one for Yavscout.

I don't think we should force new people to fill in one so long, as long as they send a CS in.

23. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I agree Sith. I didn't think of that; I'll look into making a shorter example. :)

24. Heavy Isotope

Oct 10, 2013
    I agree with Sith, but returning characters will have character development to show. I've made quite a few changes as Bravo said. Anyways, good stuff Bravo, looking forward to seeing Yavscout's CS. :) I'll post mine later, I'm not home so I'm on my mobile.

25. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Bravo, re. the Dark Eye

Okay, I am confused. Did she emerge at the system outskirts, or at the Imperial blockade over Port Haven?

You are aware those are two separate locations, with millions of kilometres between them.