main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I want to see Mace open a one-armed can of whoop-ass on Boba Fett.

That would be worth watching. Even if the injured Fett crawled back into the Slave I and shot Mace out of the sky.

2. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Let us know more about this Jedi, and since she had a romantic relationship with Fisto, maybe she could communicate with Anakin about how to handle love, maybe Anakin's view would have influence on her, it probably would not end well but it's interesting to see.

3. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    OK, reading the article...

"How Ahsoka's story ties into the theme of the Star Wars films." LOL. I didn't realize "the Jedi suck" was a theme of the Star Wars films.

OK, Dave, you did do an awesome saber fight in The Lawless. Maul begging wasn't cool though.

Star Wars.com: LOL wut? Savage's death scene resembled Mortis...after how much alcohol?

Good paragraph about Savage's death scene. It did make me cry.

The whole paragraph about the Sith being afraid of death rubbed me the wrong way though. It seemed very anti-atheist or something. If you don't believe in an afterlife, you will fear death and be a Sith. Yeah...no.

StarWars.com : *headdesk* Yeah, TCW was all about Ahsoka, nobody else's character arc mattered.

The paragraphs starting with "Her ultimate point" and ending with "Anakin's not around"...I'd reply but there's not enough wine in my house.

Oh, and Dave? Compassion is not Anakin's problem. Compassion is great. Anakin not using his ****ing brain? There's your problem.

That final arc connecting to the movies? Nope, not seeing it.

"We weren't trying to paint the Jedi in a bad light..." LOL

TKT and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  4. Paparazzo

Paparazzo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Agree with most things. I feel like the Jedi sucking was kind of throughout the saga. They were so naive.

5. Paparazzo

Paparazzo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2011
    I wouldn't even call it 'redeemed'. There was absolutely no redemption there.

Mzukiller likes this.
  6. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    This thread is depressing.

Paparazzo likes this.
  7. darth fluffy

darth fluffy Jedi Master star 2

Dec 27, 2012
    So I was watching Avatar the Last Airbender and it turns out Dave Filoni directed both shows!

Dark Lord Tarkas and cwustudent like this.
  8. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Yeah, he directed a lot of the stuff from the first book, but I don't think he was involved with books 2 or 3.

9. Darth Kickass

Darth Kickass Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2013
    I often wonder if peoples' opinions of TCW would have been any different had the show been allowed to run it's course. Would things have seemed as rushed and disjointed had the creative team known it would end after season 5? I'd like to think the stories would have flowed more smoothly had they known this. It seems like early on the thought was 7-8 seasons, so there was room for "filler" episodes. Once it became known (to them anyway) the series was coming to an end, it seemed as though the thought was "let's do what we have to do to get this, this, this, and this into the series before it ends".

Chewbacca89 likes this.
  10. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I won't speak for anyone else, but other than the droid arc, "filler episodes" were not my issue.

11. Darth Kickass

Aug 3, 2013
    Okay, I'll bite. Other than Ahsoka's existence, what were your issues? :p I'm just playin'!

12. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Ahsoka's existence didn't bother me. TCW becoming The Ahsoka Shrine Show did.

There were some other issues, which I have posted in related episode threads.

Mzukiller likes this.
  13. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    I really think Satine should get more scenes about her politics and the relationship with Mandalore's former enemies. Her ending was too rushed. Bo-Katan also deserves more screen time.

Mzukiller, darth fluffy and Paparazzo like this.
  14. Darth Kickass

Aug 3, 2013
    Uh oh! Someone referenced the TCW's treatment of Mandalore! Take cover!

Paparazzo likes this.
  15. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    People like Maul because he's a really threatening villain, but I still think his comeback created quite a big hole in the overall plot. Use Durge to do the work would have been better.

Mzukiller likes this.
  16. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    Only as done.

For my part, I think it would be a mistake to kill Maul off quickly or to keep him around long enough for TCW to devolve into Darth Maul and Friends. Ideally, a 6-8 episode arc would have been nice.

My 15-minute rough draft:

Episode 1:
    • Asajj and Obi-Wan land, Obi calls for Republic backup and appears to bond with Asajj, but then tries to take her into custody for her war crimes because duh. Ventress is confused, she saved Obi's life, but Obi in the OT doesn't believe in redemption for Sith or Sith wannabes. So being the hardass he is, he tries to take her down. She gets away.
    • Maul and Savage plot their next move; Savage wants to call Talzin but Maul is like "lol no" and makes a reluctant Savage swear fealty to him.
    • On Coruscant, Mace bucks Yoda's hilarious hands-off approach to Maul and orders Obi to assemble a Jedi task force to bring him in. They don't need another Sith in the game and Maul might be able to spill the beans on Sidious.
    • Obi gets wind that Maul is stirring up trouble in the Outer Rim and goes to confront him. Maul is still recovering and uses a Jedi hostage to keep Obi at bay while pitting Savage against the other Jedi in a trial by fire.
    • The Jedi hostage kills herself so Obi can attack Maul, Maul has an OH SITH moment and he and Savage run like hell but Maul is captured.
    • Mace Windu shows up and takes over from a very pissed Obi-Wan. He's gonna personally oversee their processing. Where are they being taken, you ask? THE GHOST PRISON (cue brownie points for EU inclusion).
    Episode 2:
    • Meanwhile, Savage assembles a team of hardass bounty hunters to rescue Maul. Let's throw in some TCW MVPs just for the hell of it: Cad Bane, obviously. Maybe Embo. A couple of others. And then Ventress because why not? Dooku and the Jedi want her head, she might as well throw in her lot with Maul.
    • At the Prism, Mace is being a complete jerkass and isn't making any progress with Maul, who alternates from alternating silence (TPM) to naked taunts (TCW). Mace very seriously considers torture but figures that won't work on Maul, given what Maul's been through and the fact that Sith are generally masochistic asses.
    • While in the Prism, Maul encounters Durge, who's been rotting in there since the beginning of the war, because why not.
    • Savage's A-team is assembled but they wanna know how to find Maul. Very simple: a Dathomirian Blood Trail (cue moar brownie points for EU inclusion).
    • The A-Team arrives just as Maul and Durge cause a riot. The Jedi are caught in the middle between unruly convicts and Savage's A-Team. As the Jedi start rounding the convicts up, Durge and Maul make a break for it. Mace is like WTF and is in pursuit and it's MACE VS MAUL. But this is the guy who beat Sidious so Maul's royally screwed but Savage lends a hand and manage to repulse Mace and Maul, Durge, and the A-team escape, leaving a seriously pissed Mace in the dust.
    • Maul offers Bane, Durge, etc. a permanent place on the team but they decline. Maul is impressed with Ventress's balls and offers to train her since there's no pesky Sidious and Rule of Two keeping her shackled. Insert vague references to an ancient Sith triumvirate (MOAR BROWNIE POINTS). Ventress, always seeking a home, accepts.
    I'm too lazy to finish the rest ATM but now the wheels are turning.

JackG and Mzukiller like this.
  17. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    They shouldn't even have brought him back, seriously.

Mzukiller and TKT like this.
  18. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Agreed. I'd have liked to have seen some reference of Clan Kryze and more characterization for Bo-Katan, who only appeared in four total episodes before the cancellation. Really, they should have devoted more episodes to Bo-Katan and Death Watch, as I loved every episode she appeared in. I'd really love to know more about her past relationship with her sister, and how she came to become a high-ranking member of Death Watch. Hmmmm, anyone with The Bounty Hunter Code care to chime in?

Mia Mesharad and cwustudent like this.
  19. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Bo is kind of "meh" to me. 'm not crazy about her being made just for fangirl cosplay, or that she was yet another female villain that had to be seen as "not so bad" among all the males.

20. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Argh yeah. I sort of felt Filoni kept going out of his way to emphasize how he was throwing fangirls a bone with his completely genuine concept of a female Mandalore.

To date only Aurra maintained her evil standing in TCW, although she her credibility as a competent assassin was sort of shattered when she was taken down by Padme.[face_plain]

21. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I liked Bo Katan, but you two have a point.

22. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Actually she didn't even get much screen time, so it could go either way if they continue her story.

23. agentkrycek

agentkrycek Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 4, 2012
    As I dislike the ending of Assassin, at least Aurra got to take down Ahsoka before Padme stunned her. Still beats Grievous getting his ass kicked by the Gungans. :p

And don't forget Mother Talzin is also still a villain.

24. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I can see that, but I liked how they tied her in with Satine at the end a lot.

25. Darth Kickass

Aug 3, 2013
    I thought DF created Bo as a sort of tribute to his wife (swear I read this somewhere). Something about her having an affection for owls?

Circular Logic likes this.