main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Harrison Ford Unsure about Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by sluggo1313., Oct 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    Hahahaha, whatever guys. Enjoy your disbelief. That fridge was padded and lead-lined! Totally as believable!

2. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Some things can't even survive my fridge *without* a nuclear blast. Though to be fair, other things are born in it.

Artoo-Dion likes this.
  3. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Maybe if Jesus appeared and turned Indy into a temporary cockroach as the nuclear explosion is happening would piss off people less?

4. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Temporary cockroach. [face_laugh]

5. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    Strangely, that is more plausible that simply surviving in the fridge

6. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Indeed. I get the fridge was lead-lined but it would have to be several feet thick to withstand the radiation and be lined with reinforced concrete or metal to survive the shockwave from the blast.

Even the mighty cockroach can't survive a direct impact from a nuke, even though it could survive in the fallout zone afterwards.

7. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    You should probably watch that scene again. The raft hits the ground right on - splat. Then it starts sliding down hill.

8. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    still easier to believe than a nuclear bomb

9. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Well maybe Jesus would give the cockroach a magical invincible shield?

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  10. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Parody from the Onion:
    LOS ANGELES—Saying that “it’s time,” a visibly weary Harrison Ford pleaded with his agents Thursday to simply stop this and let him die, sources confirmed.

Full story:
    Harrison Ford Begs Agent to Just Let Him Die Now

11. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
  12. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    That's just utterly wonderful.

13. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    "Okay, let me see it".

Darth_Articulate likes this.
  14. Sith-Mullet

Sith-Mullet Jedi Master star 3

Aug 2, 2003
    I hope Harrison makes up his mind before the bean counters ruin the movie.

15. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I certainly hope Mr. Bean doesn't ruin the movie either.

16. JediKnightOB1

JediKnightOB1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 26, 2003
    Mr. Bean would of enhanced that crappola that was Indy IV: Kingdom of the Crystal Meth. Because, someone was smoking something when that script was written.

Sith-Mullet likes this.
  17. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    Thought this should be posted...for no other reason than the lolz.

18. Sith-Mullet

Aug 2, 2003
    That movie was so bad that I am waiting for MST3K to do a send up for it.

19. Baptizer

Baptizer Jedi Master star 1

Nov 9, 2001
    Ford was just on the 'Today' show and just said 'it was a work in progress' in terms of reprising the role of Han Solo. No big revelation or anything but no denial either.

20. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    good gravy, the way people bang on about that fridge scene! It's not real life, just go with it (though the cg monkeys did get my goat a little but that was just because that scene stunk, nothing to do with but this couldn't happen because *insert real life logic to a make believe story)

Anyhooo,, I don't think there's any hesitation in him doing Han Solo again, under it all it looks like he's having fun.

p.s

Star Wars FB page has just posted a very short vid on Fords casting in ANH.

21. JediGirl_Angelina

JediGirl_Angelina Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 12, 2003
    Hilarious. :D

22. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    Bears repeating again from earlier in the thread:

"Nuking the fridge" it is no less outlandish than an ancient Indian temple with a light enabled spike trap, a weight system which causes the whole temple to collapse when you remove an idol, or a giant boulder death trap. It's no less silly than jumping from a plane using only a life raft to slow your decent, then riding down a mountain on that raft, falling off a cliff and into rapids, or no less silly than jumping a mine cart. And frankly it is no less crazy than probably the most egregiously insane gag in the entire Indy series... Nazi Messerschmidt chasing down Indy and Doctor Jones, slamming into mountain tearing the cockpit away from the wings, sending it hurtling down a tunnel in flames, cockpit passes our heroes with pilot alive, just long enough for our heroes to do a double take... Far, far, far more goofy than "nuking the fridge."

The Indy films are mindless fun in the style of the serials from the 40s and 50s which inspired them to begin with... some people just have a hard time accepting that. These movies are not intended to be serious adventures, and if Spielberg had not been limited by time and budget constraints there would have been far more gags in Raiders than appeared on screen.... Go look up the gags Spielberg had concocted for the Indy/Swordsman duel in Raiders (many which were actually shot). During the scene the fight works it's way to a meat vendor who is cutting large slabs of meat. Indy uses the table to avoid the Swordman's blows... who by chance just happens to cut the meat for the vendor.

Most all of the Indy gags were Spielberg decisions... not Lucas. Spielberg was highly influenced by the Bond films, and desperately wanted to direct a Bond film during the 70s. Lucas wanted Indy to be more of a two-fisted adventurer like he grew up with reading pulp novels and watching 40s serials, but it was Spielberg who introduced Bond-like elements into the franchise like making Indy a little more suave and more of a "ladies man."

Yancy

23. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    They did. Do you watch Rifftrax?

24. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    They've done a Rifftrax of all the Indiana Jones films.

25. Sith-Mullet

Aug 2, 2003
    What kind of work in progress is rambling on about? Sign the contract, read the script, be Han Solo and get paid. It is as simple as that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.