main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit The Bounty Hunter's Code

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Plaristes, Jun 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Guys, look what I found from Mark McHaley's website! Original art done by the artist for The Bounty Hunter's Code!

Check them out here.

I'll post some of the artwork here.

For the first time we get Tor Vizsla wearing his Death Watch helmet. I can see the resemblance to Pre Vizsla's helmet in TCW.
    Someone (a Vizsla, presumably) holding the darksaber:
    My personal favorite, the Mandalorian deities Kad Ha'rangir, Hod Ha'ran, and Arasuum shown for the first time:

2. Darth_Garak

Darth_Garak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    So when is the book coming out? Just the book I mean.

3. eddie1969

eddie1969 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 3, 2005
    Probably around or after summer 2014...

4. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I am glad for all our mandolorian lovers in here, out there but a part of me feel that a Bounty Hunter's Code book should not be so much about space Huns/Mongols/Vikings

Gorefiend likes this.
  5. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

Oh it has a lot more, way cooler Bounty Hunter stuff in there then Mando stuff. ;)

6. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    well the Mando stuff is awesome though. But I got the feeling that despite adding a lot, they stayed clearly away from some eras that are yet open to explore by tv shows etc.

but there is a nice mention of the Mandalorian enslavement post ROTS and I like how they tied Mando history from NSW till ROTS together with new and old stuff. Still I wish for more exploration of the Death Watch's role during the Galactic Civil War (Galaxies, etc.) and during the Enslavement period. The continued Shadow Conspiracy influence on Mandalore given Black Sun ties remaining intact and a lot else.
    Also awesome was the new mando'a lore in there, especially about the armor parts and the evolution of Mandalorian Armor over the millennia and why/how what changed given KOTOR era featuring spacesuits fully enclosed and later eras less that. Loved these bits.

I also missed some EU and TCW hunters in the book but a lot got mentions. Also the book introduces lots of new characters. Cradossk memoirs are brilliant and I love him as a character now. It also tells us a bit more about some TCW implied only. Just vague enough to tease more but not nail it in stone entirely for future contradiction prevention.

One of the best things that I drooled over was the impressum in Cradossk's memoirs back: Inuniverse styled impressum with adresses, data and ISBN being GSBN etc. as a Bookseller myself that was my favourite part. I love these little technical details.

While Greedos comments usually bore... he is really annoying and a wonder he lived as long as he did, Boba and others are sweet and tease a lot. Like what former Jedi installations were taken over by someone else (Kamparas etc.)

Nothing on Boba's lovelife and Sintas though, even if his comments are implied to be for his daughter maybe in the future. Timeline setting prevented most of that being adressed and leave storyoptions open logically for future exploration in other sources. I wish some books like this would go further into the post ROTJ EU.. Jedi Path had Luke mention the Solokids and friends.

7. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011

"SIGH" and here I was trying to save money.

8. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Deity or not, that armor on the left must be a royal ***** to put on.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  9. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    I really can't see any way to sit down comfortably in it, either.

10. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Silly. Deities don't sit!

Gorefiend and Gamiel like this.
  11. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009

[​IMG]

MercenaryAce likes this.
  12. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    What...is that?

13. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    oh hey actual Taung Mandos. Neat. I don't much care for Mandos, but I do have a grudging respect for the Taung as the ancestral enemies of the Empire.

Gorefiend likes this.
  14. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009

That's a magical hermaphroditic badass deity... sitting.

:D

15. Darth_Garak

Darth_Garak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    Well Vivec isn't really sitting. He's floating.

16. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    He is sitting and not sitting, all the while outside and transcending the very concept of sitting.

There, now it sounds more like Morrowind.

MercenaryAce, Darth_Garak and RC-1991 like this.
  17. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004

Actually the Rebel Alliance note that comes with it says the annotations by Boba seem to be for her.

Yep rather awesome, especially how he kills the Jedi and how "well" he and his father get along.

Yeah I am also rather surprised it did not come with a short section on famous hunters, similar to the one about the Hunter Houses, also that there really was no section about custom Armour, especially as the other equipment stuff was fantastic.

The Mando book did seem a little pointless to include, but it does clear some stuff up rather nicely, especially the thing about the Mando Guards actually being the left over Mando warriors that won their latest civil war and how small and powerless the Death Guard really is. Still reading through the Bounty Hunter things, had to laugh at the not even the other Hunters being sure if Boba even actually has an Imperial licence and how much the Guild is clearly sucking up to the Empire.

18. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004

As for Boba's daughter: How comes the Rebels know about him having one? They learned that only in LOTF and acquired the book way before that when Han was still a General! I wonder if it ever was returned to Boba once they knew him better as Mandalore in later times.

I like the Guild perspective on legal Bounty Hunting vs. independant Hunters who are assassins, rogues and scum more likely. While the Death Watch manifesto rocks, a third part from the perspective of one such independant scum would have been nice. Cad Bane or else could have authored that. Since as even Cradossk admits, most famous hunters are independant and neither guild or mandalorian, the Bounty Hunter Code kinda is relevant only for the minority of EU characters.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  19. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    Maybe Shysa told them? [face_dunno]

Ah if you don't follow it as an independent you just get into even more trouble with your fellow Hunters. Also they still have so stick to Imperial law when it comes to Hunting. Plus a lot of famous Hunters are members - Bossk, Dengar, Zuckuss, Cradossk, Jodo, Boushh etc.

20. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    Shysa did not know himself... by the time of Marvel he believed Fett was someone else anyway :p

In fact nobody knew aside Boba himself, Sintas and Ailyn.

all members you cited broke the Code 99% of their EU appearances though.. the only difference is, they are a forgiving bunch that hunt together one day, kill each other the next and then hunt together again another day going by source evidence.

21. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    Well then Sintas or Ailyn told them, they could not really stand Boba anyway. ;)

Ah Boussh diden't ;) and yep it propely more concerns the "less well known" Hunters, mainly do to those pretty bad Bounty Hunter War novels.

22. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    ahem.. Ailyn died before they met her really... and Sintas got carbonited before they even had the code! It simply is not possible.

only explanation: they assumed by style it was intended for a kid of Fett not knowing if he had one yet. though them mentioning "daughter" makes it very specific and none of his own comments mention a daughter I think. there must be a lost part that is missing... to explain them suspecting that!!! I demand closure!

23. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    I meant they told the Rebel Officer that made the comment.

24. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004

not possible.. carbonite is not talking , Sintas was gone before the Rebels ever got it. and Ailyn was a kid nobody knew about. how should they talk without being known or associated with Fett somehow publically? does not compute

25. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    How are the assorted goodies that come with it? I know there's like a license and a wanted poster and a few other stuff. Worth getting, or is it advisable to wait for a regular book/kindle version?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.