main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Jurassic World, Fallen Kingdom, Dominion & Camp Cretaceous

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthBoba, Jun 18, 2011.

1. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Even great scientists can have irrational fears. Including ones that love nature

spicer likes this.
  2. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Pete Postowhateverican'tspellbecauseican't's character had no fear at all.

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    TLW's score is magnificent. The original JP's score is classic, don't get me wrong- but I love TLW's much more (plus it includes the highlights of the JP1 score, so it's a good combo deal).

The gymnastics scene is just a bad idea that is terribly executed. If you absolutely have to have it in there, you don't have her do a full routine in the middle of a tense dash for survival while the dino just stands there watching and does nothing- you have her jump, grab the bar, and let her swing that initial momentum into a kick to catch the dino by surprise. That might have worked significantly better.

4. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    I just completed my Jurassic trilogy re-watch with The Lost World (I watched them out of order—3, 1, 2). Watching them in that order was really enlightening because seeing 3 and 1 back-to-back really draws a sharper line between the quality of the two. I mean it's light years. And it still preserves the experience of seeing 1 and 2 in order, and that's a whole 'nother line. 2 is skillfully directed, 'natch, but there doesn't seem to be any joy there. And I'm not just talking about the tone; Let's face it, the whole "Gee whiz" awe thing died right along side the first victim in the original film and would feel out of place from there forward. I just don't think Spielberg has been the same director since Schindler's List. When he's attempted to do these kinds of classic "Spielberg movies"—The Lost World, Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull—it felt more like someone doing a second rate Spielberg imitation. I think that experience changed him, and understandably so.

Aside from the contrived and often annoying domestic drama, I actually enjoyed the first act. It was the second act where it began to feel like a slog as it basically spun its wheels, and the third act is best forgotten. - 6.5/10

Boy, that was such a cringeworthy bit of kid pandering wasn't it? 10 times worse than the pre-teen hacker from part 1 or the spoiled upper-middle class kid in part 3 turning out to be a Jr. Bear Grylls. It was only saved by Goldblum's "The school cut you from the team?". Makes you wonder what the eye-rolling, kid saves the day moment will be in Jurassic World. Maybe Ty Simpkins' character will be an MMA expert, make the T-Rex tap out.

Sith-I-5 likes this.
  5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I'm all for scenes of children empowerment if they're done well. That one was so bad because they could literally do what I described above with the existing footage- they wouldn't even have to reshoot the scene. And there's no way they didn't see it in the edit bay- which means they either didn't think it should be cut or were told not to cut it. And that just makes it insultingly worse.

6. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    I'm more of a "Lock them in a basement until they're 30" type my self, but seriously I'm certain they knew that would be a groaner with most adults. But I'm guessing a 10 year old kid sees that and races straight out to buy the merchandise, and that was probably at least part of the motivation for it. As Yogurt taught us "Moichandising! Where 'da real money from the movie is made!".

I actually thought the young lady did a pretty good job otherwise. Unfortunately her character was written to be whiny, but I certainly don't blame her for that. And I just did an image search for her. Grew up to be a stunner. Bonus!

7. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I was about 11 when that came out, saw it in the theater and the routine stunned me, it stopped me dead. They actually had a great thing going with the raptors at that point, with the one trying to get Malcolm in the truck, the digging race, I was loving it. Then gymnastics happened.

Bib Fartuna and Juke Skywalker like this.
  8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I do not remember that scene at all, but I've blocked most of TLW from my memory.

9. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I still love the one part where the TRex is trudging through Los Angeles and eats the one guy who starts screaming and then does a really hilarious death scream.

10. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    Fun-Fact: This guy is credited as "Unlucky Bastard" in the credits, and was played by screenwriter David Koepp, who worked on the writing team for by JP and TLW: JP.

11. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Hah that's too great.

12. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    I thought that looked like Koepp! He really went for it with that scream I'll give him that.

13. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    The scene always made me laugh when I was a youngling.

14. CT1138

Sep 4, 2013
  15. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
  16. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
  17. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    So, it will acknowledge what went before it but be a whole separate thing.
    That's what it sounds like anyway.

DarthBoba likes this.
  18. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    So that what created
    [​IMG]

19. CT1138

Sep 4, 2013
    ^Already did that. :p (Well, technically it's a Pontiac, but close enough).
    [​IMG]

More of Trevorrow talking without really saying anything. At least it seems he's not considering the movie to be heavy on reboot elements.

Also, Josh Brolin won't be in JW; he's checked into rehab due to his alcoholism. But Chris Pratt, Ifran Khan, and Jason Schwartzman are all in discussion for roles:
    http://jurassicworld.org/index.php?id=77
    http://www.hypable.com/2013/11/05/jason-schwartzman-joins-jurassic-world-rumor/
    And a few small role descriptions have been released:
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/chris-pratt-early-talks-star-655928

spicer likes this.
  20. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    So Howard is a Ellie Satler/Sarah Harding type of character. My only fear is that the kids will make the movie too childish...which I hope not.

Super_Battle_Droid likes this.
  21. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Maybe the movie pulls a Game of Thrones with most of the kids getting eaten or horribly disfigured?

Super_Battle_Droid likes this.
  22. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    I don't expect such a thing from a Jurassic Park movie. While JP is not a kids exclusive franchise or as kid friendly as SW, kids are a big part of the JP audience. I just hope the kids in the new movie aren't annoying or trying to be too cute just for the sake of it. And that they don't have a bigger or more important role than Tim&Lex, Kelly and Eric. The main characters are adults (I hope).

23. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Nah it's high time for an R rated super gritty JP movie.

24. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    Personally I wouldn't mind that that much, but I doubt it's gonna happen. As long as it's consistent in tone with the other three movies I'm happy.

25. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I want it to be like Starship Troopers though!:(