main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Books Comics A/V One Sentence or Less -- ANDOR (SEASON 1)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CooperTFN, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Just another boring book written by Denning.

GrandMasterKatarn likes this.
  2. Master Corran Horn

Master Corran Horn Jedi Master star 1

Mar 13, 2005
    Forgettable...mostly because when I read it was like 4 years ago

3. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Todd the Jedi swept this one.

[​IMG]

I have no idea what Justin Bieber is doing on a Star Wars cover, but I know I don't likes it.

DarthRelaxus likes this.
  4. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    Nothing important happens in this novel at all.

5. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    Mara's son hath red hair, Photoshop careth not.

fistofan1, RC-1991, windu4 and 2 others like this.
  6. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Seeing that nothing good will come from this series, Cha Niathal kills herself, simultaneously avoiding having to see Admiral Daala ever again.

7. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Todd wins.

8. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    Who was the backlash against? The 'NOT Olympics', Ves?, Daala's stupid government? The Jedi?

Bad story?

9. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Luke and Ben completely ignore the fact that they just discovered the seemingly-literal embodiment of the dark side so that they can go compete in the Olympics (because Vancouver just happened lawl), the authors confusingly insist on visiting more Force-using sects even though their original reason for doing so has already been unceremoniously dropped, the same Mandalorian attack on the Jedi Temple from the last book happens again for some reason, and Human-Bothan love is celebrated in this pointless stinker of a sidequest that proves even Allston can't save this series.

10. CMShake

CMShake Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 22, 2010
    Han gets a flamethrower and everyone esle does much less interesting things.

11. DarthSanctimonious

DarthSanctimonious Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 18, 2006
    Now that we've come full circle and are back to Allston, the only writer in this series with any amount of ability whatsoever...this series still sucks.

12. Master Corran Horn

Master Corran Horn Jedi Master star 1

Mar 13, 2005
    Daala Gets off on murdering Jedi.

13. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    Now when you say get off on....:(

14. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    In a last, desperate gasp to save the series, Allston does his best and almost succeeds, but it is the final book in the series to have some semblance of a plot other than "LOLZ Abeloth killz Luke's girlfriends."

AusStig likes this.
  15. tjace

tjace Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2008
    Artoo and Threepio save Allana, and some other stuff I don't remember.

16. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    "I shall be forced to thrash you," coming from Threepio, was the second-best line in the entire series, behind "Whango Mittphool."

Ordo N-11 and Iron_lord like this.
  17. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    I'm mostly sure this subplot started up in Backlash, but its hard to keep all those awful ideas apart, they all blend together into one miserable nightmare after a while-

Not sure the Galactic Alliance is worth saving when there's a conspiracy, made up of most of the senior military officers and an evil Kuati female Senator (yeah, like we haven't seen that before), who wants to remake the GA into a galactic empire, and Daala isn't even involved with that problem.

18. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Think back to Abyss, and then imagine everything that happens there happens again, except Luke and Ben and Vestara are all on Dathomir now, and you don't have to read this.

GrandMasterKatarn and YodaKenobi like this.
  19. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    BTW, they only came to Dathomir because they were chasing Vestara. It's not like they were ignoring Abeloth; they just needed Vestara in order to find Abeloth and the Sith.

20. Jeff_Ferguson

May 15, 2006
    Vestara's reason to go to Dathomir was pretty flimsy in the first place. What she said was "There are dark side users there with whom I can hide!" but what she meant was "The authors abandoned the reason they had to keep visiting Force sects... but forgot to stop visiting Force sects."

And they definitely did ignore Abeloth. You know who isn't mentioned in this book once? Not from anybody's point of view? Abeloth, that's who. She never even crosses either of the Skywalker's minds. Nice one, Allston.

21. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    I understand your point, but she didn't want to lead them back to Kesh so where else was she supposed to go if not a planet of dark-side Force users. And I understand that they might not have mentioned Abeloth...but I forget; at this point did they even know her name? They saw her briefly Beyond Shadows, knew she existed and they were scared of her...but they didn't know who she was. Or am I misremembering? They needed to find Vestara so they could find out who Abeloth really was. So that's why the focus was on hunting Vestara. I do understand, though, why that would be a rather silly thing to happen: not mentioning the series' villain once.

Ordo N-11 likes this.
  22. Jeff_Ferguson

May 15, 2006
    Yeah. It was a pretty big disconnect because there was no urgency at all to what Luke and Ben were doing. They knew why they wanted Vestara, and they knew that they had to go back and confront Abeloth, but in Backlash they just strolled around like they had all the time in the world. After Abyss finally injected a much-needed sense of urgency into what was happening in this series, Backlash was nothing but infuriating regression.

23. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    Backlash is pointless filler. Pretend they caught Vestara at the end of Abyss and pick up Allies.

darth fluffy and Jeff_Ferguson like this.
  24. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011

They titled the book based on expected response from readers?

25. Parnesius

Parnesius Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 8, 2012
    Did the same with Apocalypse.