main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Correct. According to Filoni, Bo-Katan's name was a portmanteau of his wife's name and that of his pet cat. And I suppose that affection for owls, if true, spawned the creation of the Nite Owls, a Death Watch faction of which Bo-Katan is the leader.

Note the resemblance between Bo-Katan's helmet and the face of a common barn owl:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BTW, I noticed that TCW introduced unique T-visors for female Mandalorians that are distinct from how they are shown in the EU, which as I recall were pretty much identical to the T-visors of the males. But I can't deny that they look cool!

2. Darth Kickass

Darth Kickass Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2013
    Yeah, whatever I read mentioned the design of the her helmet being inspired by an owl. And yes they look very cool!

3. Mzukiller

Mzukiller Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 5, 2012
    Yep. Leave it to the female to be the only recognizable Mandalorian that ends up being a good guy by the standards of the story.
    Not him, Ahsoka's existence bothered me. You can't just suddenly place a character, that up until now didn't exist, into the most pivotal spot in the war and then pretend that she's always been there, nevermind that she was mentioned or even vaguely hinted at.

Boba Publicity is an amazing thing isn't it? A character can do almost nothing, but as long as they look cool for 14 minutes, they're set. I never cared for Maul myself. He was underdeveloped and really in your face with the whole "I'm Evil" thing. Even when he did get development, I just didn't care for him.

Okay, can't respond to everyone. But I will say that to this day, I think that Bo-Katan being Satine's sister really came out of nowhere and seemed like a last minute thing. Wouldn't you think that someone like Satine of all people would talk about her "wayward sister" following the route of terrorism?

4. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    It could be argued that IU Satine didn't want the Republic using the fact that her sister was a terrorist as a reason to step in and deal with the Death Watch. OU I agree.

Mzukiller likes this.
  5. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    I'm just going to go ahead and say that the Nightsister-Mauldalorian arc/s had the strongest storyline in the entire series for me.

6. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Hmm I always thought it Palpatine let him win to give little orphan Annie the visual of an old man about to be murdered by Jedi in a coup attempt

Sable_Hart likes this.
  7. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    I bet Durge would take revenge against the Mandalorians.

8. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003

I don't think that was necessary at that point.

Had the order of events been:

1. Mace (not Anakin) discovers that Palpatine is a Sith Lord and runs off to face him WITHOUT telling Anakin ("I don't trust him").
    2. Palpatine provokes Mace to a point at which Mace is determined to kill Palpatine.
    3. Palpatine senses Anakin coming and quickly plays opossum
    4. Anakin walks in and sees Mace with his lightsaber at Palpatine's throat, accusing him of being a Sith. Palpatine insists that Mace is lying as part of a coup attempt.
    5. Anakin cuts off Mace's hand and then Palpatine springs to life with his "LOL I AM A SITH! UNLIMITED POWER!" moment

If that had been how it played out, then I could see Palpatine throwing the fight to make Mace look like the aggressor. But Anakin already knew that Palpatine was a Sith and responsible for the war, and Anakin himself had even declared his desire to kill Palpatine. So I don't think that the image of Mace standing over Palpatine really achieved anything, since Anakin wanted Palpatine dead too (but couldn't let him be killed until after he saved Padme's life).

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  9. adamclark83

adamclark83 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2009
    Watched the last few episodes of Season 5 last night and I absolutely loved them. Ahsoka was magnificent. Don't think I'll ever forgive Disney for cancelling one of the best shows ever.

10. Darth Kickass

Darth Kickass Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2013
    I really hope we see Durge sometime either in the bonus content (Bounty Hunter arc?) or in some future endeavor. His "body" oozing back together at the end of his "death" scene in CW has always made me think we'd see him again someday.

11. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    They introduced Cad Bane because they felt Durge didn't fit within the scope of the show, so it's not likely.

12. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Let's perpetuate that mistruth, yay!

13. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    It was a solid story, but it's disappointing that it didn't get the proper resolution it deserved (that being that Maul's status is unknown and that Talzin is still at large & her motives remaining a mystery).

14. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Durge was killed by Unicron my friend accept it.

15. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    I thought Disney was the Harbinger of Chaos and responsible for all that is wrong in the world?

16. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Dude, stop reading the release date thread in 7SA.

Unless of course you also want to believe that Bob Iger is Satan and Kathleen Kennedy is the Wicked Queen from Snow White or something.

17. adamclark83

adamclark83 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2009
    What I don't get is that in the last episode "The Wrong Jedi", the Jedi council wouldn't believe Ahsoka was innocent and had made their decision that she was guilty yet at the end when it was revealed that Barriss was responsible, they wanted her to return.

18. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I don't think they really thought she was guilty, just thought there was evidence against her that needed to be sorted out through due process, and they were right. And when it was discovered that she was innocent, why wouldn't they want her to return?

Valairy Scot likes this.
  19. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    They jumped the gun in officially kicking her out, complete with a humiliating insignia-ripping ceremony.

No military that I know of does that to servicemen charged with a crime until after they have been found guilty at trial.

You can go through a court martial charged with the most serious crimes, but until conviction you remain officially in the military and at your rank.

Sabertrader and Mia Mesharad like this.
  20. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    That was not the worst thing, nope the worst thing was at the end, Lucas felt that the Jedi looked to unsympathetic so he simply changed it to Ahsoka not being able to trust herself. Which considering what happened (that she was right) make no @#@#@#@ sense whatsoever

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  21. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    Maybe she meant she couldn't trust herself because she placed trust in the Jedi?

22. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I don't know if that was Lucas' call or Filoni's, but the worst thing is that the story still attempted to make the Jedi look unsympathetic in an effort to make Ahsoka look good. If Lucas had that line changed in order to make the Jedi look better, it was a concentrated fail. Any number of threads around these boards that discuss how mean and evil the Jedi are, prove that.

(IIRC from one of the interview links recently posted here, Lucas wanted Ahsoka to rejoin the Order and Filoni argued to have her refuse?)

But the line "the Jedi don't trust me so how can I trust myself" was one of the stupidest lines in the show regardless of its intent.

As far as the "insignia ripping ceremony", that problem could gave been solved by not having a rule that an active Jedi cannot be tried in a Republic court. That's what the expulsion was about, which is another reason why it would have been nonsensical to not invite her back in afterwards.

fett 4 likes this.
  23. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I say a lot of it was the Jedi Council's fault, but that makes them flawed, not evil, and Ahsoka's line at the end was really, really dumb.

24. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    That makes me wonder... with the way they were developing her independence in S5, and she was going off on lone missions quite a bit now rather than always being with her master.. and sometimes with no clone backup or anything (Onderon, Younglings)... I wonder was that going to lead into a setup that would see her out of the way on a lone mission somewhere when sixty-six came down the pike.

25. duende

duende Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 28, 2006
    okay, i watched the first half of this and i gotta say - it kind of sucks! what happened? hopefully the last half is better.