main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Unpopular Star Wars opinions!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Feelicks, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002

The mistake most people make is that they seem to think that Midi-chlorians are the force, but they are not. Midi-chlorians are not the force! They are simply the vehicles that help life forms feel the force. Qui-Gon explains that without the Midi-chlorians we would have no knowledge of the force, not that the force would not exist.

What we see as "Magic" is only science that we don't understand. We saw the force as magic in the OT and then once it was explained a tiny bit it didn't quite feel so magical anymore. I get that, however, Qui-Gon basically just says that we can feel the force by interacting with organisms in our cells. To me it's still pretty magical, because how that happens is still a mystery. Obi-Wan explained it as "an energy field created by all living things." The energy field is created by life forms communicating to each other using the Midi-chlorians within them.

2. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Natalie Portman's "you're breaking my heart" speech was perfect

Vizzy91, jbyrd1245, SerRoel and 4 others like this.
  3. Anakin's Daddy

Aug 13, 2002
    You know, I think you're right.

4. skyrimcat9416

skyrimcat9416 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 1, 2013
    I never knew the hatred for the PT even existed until a couple of years ago.

5. Samnz

Samnz Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    It only exists on the internet and - you know, according to many of the haters - the internet as a virtual medium is not even "real" =P~ Much like CGI.

6. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Anything with Liam Neeson & Ewan McGregor in it can't be all bad.

7. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    The waterfall picnic scene of AOTC is more believable and naturalistic than Han and Leia's bicker-flirting in ESB.

8. Master Fisto

Master Fisto Jedi Knight

Jun 10, 2013
    I loved the Yoda-Dooku fight in AOTC.

9. Darth Raiden

Darth Raiden Jedi Master star 3

Aug 28, 2013

Same here I love the little dialogue between Dooku and Yoda tow classy gentleman duking it out. I remember marking out when I saw Yoda pull out the lightsaber for the first time

10. master joda

master joda Jedi Padawan

Oct 24, 2013
    I'm not alone!

11. -Jedi Joe-

-Jedi Joe- Jedi Master star 2

May 6, 2013
    I didn't know about it until I started reading internet boards like this 10 years ago. Sometimes ignorance is bliss.

12. Cryogenic

Cryogenic Force Ghost star 5

Jul 20, 2005
    In a similar vein, being not just a Warsie, but also a Trekkie, I didn't really know of any hatred toward "Star Trek: Generations" or pretty much the entirety of "Star Trek: Voyager" -- or a hatred for executive producer Rick Berman; matched only, it seems, by a parallel hatred for the other "Rick" (McCallum) from a certain subset of SW nerds -- until I began posting online. To me, both "Generations" and "Voyager" were pretty terrific. And they have remained that way, to me, to this very day. Oh, and I've always liked almost everything Rick Berman got done during his tenure, too. Nerds, it seems, often like to devour the very thing that feeds them. The Internet brings with it greater levels of communication. But it also gives the discontented and the disaffected a platform from which to disseminate their condition onto others.

13. DRush76

DRush76 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2008

So did I. I just didn't care for Dooku's fight against Anakin and Obi-Wan in the same movie.

14. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    The Yoda vs. Sidious fight made better use of Duel of the Fates because the actual fate of the universe was at stake.

Dinos4Ever likes this.
  15. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Parts of it were okay. Dooku trash talking, Anakin cutting that pipe and putting the area into darkness and we see the red and blue reflected off their faces.

16. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    I love the prequels and i'm sick to death of people who have nothing better to do than to go online every day of their life that they're the worst movies ever.

17. Randwulf Crescentmoon

Randwulf Crescentmoon Jedi Master star 4

May 25, 2013
    I absolutely love the Yoda jumping bean fight scenes. I've read that some people think those sequences look rather fake, but I'm of the opposite opinion, really. 'Twas some of the better overuse of CGI, in my opinion. I seem to recall my exact thought when having first seen Yoda ignite his lightsaber in Attack of the Clones was, "wow". Of course, there was a little more energy behind that sentiment than the way it appears when written. Yep, I was pleasantly surprised by the idea that I was about to see Yoda lay the smackdown on someone for the very first time.

18. HevyDevy

HevyDevy Force Ghost star 5

Apr 13, 2011
    Although when Qui-Gon dies Anakin is now trained by Obi-Wan, and more likely destined to turn. Obi-Wan also steps up and becomes a Jedi using his Master's sabre, symbolically carrying the torch.

19. Alienware

Alienware Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2013
    While being on this forum for a couple of months, I've learned that some of my old opinions, which I thought were quite unpopular, are actually common. Really glad about that :).
    The following is the list of truly unpopular opinions based on my experience accumulated from this forum.

Prequel Trilogy:
    • I liked the midichlorians idea introduced in TPM.
    • Attack of the Clones: I love it and was really surprised when I saw it being bottom of the table in the ranking thread.
    • I really enjoyed the politics aspect of the PT and wanted it to be explored even further.
    • Jake Lloyd was fine as young Anakin (even my mother finds him adorable and great for the film :p )
    • Hayden did a great job with Anakin in my opinion. Absolutely perfect for the role and really matured by the time of RotS. He even had some wonderful scenes in AotC (where he seems to be most heavily criticized), like the one with his mother.
    Original Trilogy:
    • I'm fine with Hayden being at the end of RotJ. I've never seen the original edit, so I didn't have any particular mixed emotions about it. But I can understand people's dissatisfaction with it.
    • (In fact, I've never seen the original versions at all. I love blu-rays the way they are, so I'm really disappointed when people can't enjoy the movies because of some changes that Lucas made over the years. And some even refuse to watch them in HD quality on blu-ray because of it. Really sorry to hear that.)
    • I don't love and I don't hate the Ewoks, I'm sort of indifferent to them.

20. Darth Raiden

Darth Raiden Jedi Master star 3

Aug 28, 2013

I always envision that line repeat over vaders mind when he see Sidious frying Luke... yeah I know I'm bit of a sucker but hey

21. Anakin's Daddy

Aug 13, 2002
    Hear Hear! I'm an older fan who grew up with the OT, and I loved it when Yoda got out his lightsaber. It's probably the best part of ATOC.

Holy crap I couldn't agree more. The prequels are great.

22. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Actually, the impression I get is that most people are basically indifferent about the Ewoks.

Dasan likes this.
  23. BowtiesAreCool

BowtiesAreCool Jedi Padawan

Nov 2, 2012
    Um...

Chewbacca seriously get on my nerves sometimes in The Empire Strikes Back. Especially once they arrive on Bespin. I just wanna tell him to shut the hell up.

While Attack of the Clones is the only Star Wars film that has scenes I tend to skip cause of their awfulness...the film also has some of the most powerful and striking moments and images in the entire saga. Pretty much everything involved with Anakin searching for his mother is handled beautifully (the acting, the cinematography, the music, etc).

The Phantom Menace is overall my favorite prequel film, and it feels more like Star Wars than Episodes II and III.

24. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    ANH, ESB and ROTJ are the main Saga (have to see about 7-9 in a couple years) and TPM, AOTC and ROTS are important flashback movies set before Luke leaves Dagobah with Obi-Wan remembering them or set after ROTJ.
    Nothing against 1-6 but that's how I see it.

25. TheOneX_Eleazar

TheOneX_Eleazar Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 24, 2013
    Natalie Portman was the worst actor in the PT.

People take their hatred of TPM out on Jar Jar and Lloyd, but in truth their hatred stems from the ineptitude that was the battle droids. If those droids were believable the other problems wouldn't have seemed as bad.

TPM ages the best of the PT.

ANH and TPM are the only two movies that can stand on their own. ESB is only good because it stands on the shoulders of ANH, and is completed by ROTJ.

Sarge likes this.