main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Oya manda!: The Mandalorian/Republic Commando Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by The_Mandalorian_, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    You just made my night. I was already excited to get this, now I can't wait!

[​IMG]

2. Mandalore The Uniter

Mandalore The Uniter Jedi Master star 2

Jul 17, 2007

Unfortunately not in this book, and there are no definitive images as far as I know. There is only real "evolutionary" image, and it only concerns Crusaders and Neo Crusaders:

[​IMG]
    Crusader Neo-Crusaders Neo-Crusader Shocktrooper

After the Neos, armor you would probably see armor that resembles the time between early-Crusader and Neo-Crusaders...what us Mando costumers call the Late-era Crusaders. Basically a mish-mash of Neo and older armor, along with parts made based on personal preference. The time before Mandalore the Uniter's "Return" movement was a time when full sets of armor were becoming rare sights, and young mandos were probably pulling out great-great-grandpa's armor until mass production of armor was restarted around the 1050's bby.

Dark-Fox likes this.
  3. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  4. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    I'll be away from the computer by and large this weekend, so if I don't turn up don't be surprised.

I be at our local convention selling toys and hanging out.

www.c4con.com

Ordo N-11 and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  5. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I am such a happy Mando right now. My copy of the Bounty Hunter's Code has arrived. :D

It is fantastic!

[​IMG]

Jaster Vhett, Ordo N-11 and Revanfan1 like this.
  6. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Congrats! I'd probably have ordered mine right now except for the fact that my family is moving and I'm not guaranteed a job straight away when I get to where we're going, so I'll need to conserve my money for a while.

7. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Su'cuy all! :D Since this is the Mandalorian Fanclub, I figured I'd post this here.

I found some artwork of Mandalorians, primarily Death Watch, by SW artist Mark McHaley for The Bounty Hunter's Code:

[​IMG]
    Mandalorian Neo-Crusaders

[​IMG]
    Death Watch propaganda piece

My personal favorite, the Mandalorian deities Kad Ha'rangir, Hod Ha'ran and Arasuum:
    [​IMG]

Source: http://markmchaley.storenvy.com/collections/58942-star-wars-original-art

Plenty of artwork including pictures of Tor Vizsla, Cassus Fett, Mandalore the Uniter, Mandalore the Binder, and Mandalore the Indomitable!

8. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    So what do the Bounty Hunter's Code say about the New Mandalorians and/or Ulic Qel-Droma a.k.a. the jedi who vanquish Mandalore the Indomitable (who should change title to "the Near-Indomitable")

Ordo N-11 likes this.
  9. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    B.t.w. do anybody know what Verger meant with the bold part below?
    "Warmaster, we think too often in terms of dualism: Jedi or Sith, light or dark, right or wrong. But there are three sides to this blade, not two, opposed and similar at the same time. The third edge is the Mandalorian. All three sides care nothing for caste or species, only adherence to a code that unites. The Mandalorians remain the most formidable enemy of the Jedi: but the Sith are not always their allies. The Mandalorians even worshiped war itself, then simply turned their backs on their god. You might begin to understand them one day."

Also: how do you do a three sided blade that is useful as a blade? Why not just say that there is a point to this blade? And are not the hutt a more formidable enemy to the jedi?

10. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Watch the double posting. The Edit button exists for a reason

[​IMG]

11. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    I don't know about your first. This, though, I have heard it suggested that Kal's knife is somewhat screwdriver-shaped. Here's a custom...

[​IMG]

I believe in the novels it said it was mostly a stabbing-weapon only, no slashing, and this would really be the only way that would be viable with a three-bladed knife. It makes a lot of sense, actually, if you think about it. A screwdriver could be a really good improvised weapon, and making a knife based around one is ingenious.

Ordo N-11 likes this.
  12. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    A three sided knife is a spike, essentially. Trench spikes were used widely in World War 1 and 2 as close quarters weapons. You can slash with them, but they are better used for thrusting motions.

Ordo N-11 and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  13. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    But it had gone away when I did my second post:(

Just wonderig, why make your weapon in that shape instead of just using a stilleo

This weapon?
    [​IMG]

Still feel like you would emphasise the point or the knuckle duster instead of the edges who would be rather worthless for real cutting. Maybe it is a metaphor for that the jedi, sith and madolorians are not really good at their chosen mission by Vergere standard and the knuckle duster could represent the hutts [face_thinking]

14. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    My guess is making it that shape instead of a stiletto is to emphasize the damage done. A stiletto is thin enough that it could kill someone with minimal body damage, whereas on the battlefield I imagine that killing someone with a screwdriver (or, as in your image, spike) shaped weapon and seeing the damage they'd do opposed to a stiletto would be very demoralizing to the enemy. That, and a stiletto, being so thin, is more of an assassin's weapon and probably wouldn't be good for more than a few uses, where as a screwdriver- or spike-shaped weapon would be good for repeated use.

15. Mandalore The Uniter

Jul 17, 2007
    A tri-edged blade leaves a piercing wound that is difficult to close. Unlike a 1 or 2-edged blade that leaves a flat laceration, t-edged leaves a hole that a simple bandage can't easily close up. This makes the victim more prone to death from loss of blood.

thebeanpole, Gamiel and Revanfan1 like this.
  16. Ordo N-11

Ordo N-11 Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 28, 2013
    Also, the three slots between the "screwdriver blades" would make really good blood grooves.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  17. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    So what all does the book contain? Anything on Clan Skirata & Fett?

18. Mandalore The Uniter

Jul 17, 2007

Not specifically, no. It's basically a training-guide and history of the Bounty Hunter's Guild. The back section of the book is a Deathwatch training manual.

Robimus likes this.
  19. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Anything about the New Mandalorians and/or Ulic Qel-Droma?

20. Mandalore The Uniter

Jul 17, 2007

The "New Mandalorians" are really only discussed as being puppets of the Republic, and their leaders being the "Anti-Mandalores". I didn't see anything on Ulic Qel-Droma specifically.

Robimus likes this.
  21. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Do the Anti-Mandalores get any fun titles?

22. Mandalore The Uniter

Jul 17, 2007
    Nope, they are only called the "Anti-Mandalores". I would think that Mandalorians faithful to the old culture would not want to give them enough recognition by designating any type of title. Even negative titles would still carry a place in Mandalorian history, so labeling them as "Anti-Mandalores" just makes them all generally sound bad. Similar to how Deathwatch leaders are known as "Secret Mandalores", because Deathwatch is an underground movement.

Jaster Vhett and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  23. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    To bad, it would be fun to read about Anti-Mandalore the Coward; Anti-Mandalore the I Just Get These Headaches; Anti-Mandalore the Terrible; Anti-Mandalore the Peaceful; etc., etc.
    So how did the Deathwatch get any jobs if they were secret?

24. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    I thought the Death Watch leader was called Overlord.

25. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    I could think of a few names for Satine.

Mando-Man and Bardan_Jusik like this.