main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Dare I ask - has she seen a Star Wars movie before?

2. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Wait for the opportune moment Nick!

Quite seriously, sounds excellent - go with the flow and see what happens.

AdmiralNick22 likes this.
  3. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Only the Original Trilogy, which is a good thing!

--Adm. Nick

4. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    She doesn't need to see the PT - it's a Mon Cal Cruiser free zone!

5. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Oh, well, that's a relief. Because if she -- like a few of my so-called friends -- had only seen the PT, then I'd have to advise you that it's a deal-breaker.

6. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Ugh how does that even happen.

7. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Anyone heard of the Make a Wish foundation Letting a kid with leukemia be Batman for a day? An elaborate scenario in a custom made Gotham city, a bunch of volunteers playing villains, and he'll even get a call from the real Chief of Police asking for help. Not even the typical nasty comments (mostly from other sites) can diminish how fantastic this is.

8. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
  9. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Hope my fellow Brits enjoy Bonfire Night as much as I'm undoubtedly about to.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  10. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    As I get older Uli, I can't help but at times wish for a successful re-enactment of the Fawkes plot!

11. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Yes, well, you're a horrible human being. So that's to be expected. :D:p

12. The_Forgotten_Jedi

The_Forgotten_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2010
    Anyone else finish Assassins Creed: Black Flag yet? I have to say, I enjoyed the modern day storyline about 100x more than I thought I would considering the setup for it, and all the really cool information you can find out about the history of the Animus and other things is just icing on the cake. I hope the story DLC includes some more modern day segments.

Plus the Desmond recordings... damn.:_| At least you are able to get those to the Assassins.

Oh, and Edward's story is pretty good too. He had some great character development, and I liked that he had some of Connor's idealism mixed in with Haytham's cynicism. Loved the diversity in the Assassin Order, and yay for the continuing trend of interesting / sympathetic / not-foaming-at-the-mouth-evil Templars (looking at you Borgia family). I do wish more time was spent in the cities, but I think that most of the Freedom Cry DLC will be set in a city, so there is that to look forward to.

And I'll be shocked if there is no Mary Read DLC. Seriously, she had a baby just a few days before dying. Almost her entire life is available to play.

Gorefiend likes this.
  13. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I'm trying to catch up on the series. Played one ages ago, so I just bought the Ezio trilogy collection. I won't necessarily play Revelations and Brotherhood right away, though, and just go to ACIII right after ACII.

14. The_Forgotten_Jedi

May 12, 2010
    You need to at least play Brotherhood before going on to ACIII. IMO it is the best of the series, and the modern day segments are essential to knowing what the hell is going on. Revelations less so, but it is still a fantastic game.

15. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Good to know. I'm usually good about being able to enter a series mid-stride, but sometimes I just like to get as complete a picture as I can too.

16. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Brotherhood and Revelations are leaps and bounds better than AC3, no matter what Havac and Mia say :p

Yoda_S likes this.
  17. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Ah you just don't like the bad light it cast on your so called "War of Freedom" :p
    [​IMG]

18. The_Forgotten_Jedi

May 12, 2010
    I don't get a lot of the complaints about Connor. I thought he was an great character (although why his excellent ending monologue was cut I will never understand, but I consider it canon). Plus I like the fact they didn't overlook Washington's flaws, or the fact that for a war about freedom, not a lot of people got it. The glitches, odd time skips in the narrative, strange birth dates given for some of the database entries, and lack of side-content compared to previous games were what annoyed me. Black Flag addressed all those concerns though and helped redeem my faith in the franchise.

19. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Hi, I'm Jello. I don't believe we've met.

Gorefiend likes this.
  20. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    After twelve hours of schoolwork (of which 1.5-2 hours was used to watch all sorts of Hobbit stuff but who's counting?) I go to see if the local TV channel's website has the starting date of the third season of GOT.

It starts December 5th.

December. 5th.

Just 30 monkeyfighting days!

This was a good day.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  21. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Sense of humour failure imminent.....

[​IMG]

22. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    ACIII had naval combat, therefore your argument is invalid :p

23. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    I've heard the naval combat in ACIII compared to the "King" part of Fable III; far and away the best part of the game, yet not nearly enough of it.

24. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    As much as I enjoyed the Aquila, Roma and Constantinopolis >>>> some canvas and wood planks.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  25. The_Forgotten_Jedi

May 12, 2010
    After you beat Brotherhood but before you start ACIII, you should check out the Assassins Creed: Initiates website and read "The Desmond Files" from the first entry until the October 30th entry titled "Awakening" (ACIII spoilers start after that point; you should read the rest after you beat that game). That will fill you in on everything you missed for the modern day storyline in Revelations, as well as provide a huge amount of details not found in the game. Seriously, like two-thirds of the entries are stuff not in the games and fill in so many gaps. Lots of cool new characters as well, and it gives a much clearer picture of the modern day Assassin-Templar conflict.

Mia Mesharad and Gorefiend like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.