main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Agents of SHIELD Discussion Thread (and Slingshot)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Sep 21, 2013.

1. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Basically everyone from Firefly died in Serenity. Along with my happiness.

2. Randwulf Crescentmoon

Randwulf Crescentmoon Jedi Master star 4

May 25, 2013
    Just wanted to say, love this show. Lots of fun imo.

Actually thought Simmons was going to be killed myself, heh-heh. Also, thought the Fitz-Simmons bickering through the glass was funny. The characters are really coming into their own as the show progresses.
    Coulson is still my favorite character though, as at this point I'm more familiar with him in comparison to the other characters (due to Avengers + Ironman). Anyway, this episode was riveting, and if it continues on like this then it's definitely something to watch week-to-week. Still very little information as of yet on how Coulson was "saved" at the end of Avengers with just a few hints here and there. I'm very interested in how that's going to play itself out.
    I noticed that when Coulson got his checkup, and Simmons made a comment about him looking good for his age--to which he replied, "that's something you say to someone who's old"--that Simmons seemed a little hesitant to react toward that comment. Doubt that means anything, but...eh, who knows...

I Are The Internets
    In a recent fan gathering to pay respect to Firefly, Joss said that had the show continued on-air he wouldn't have killed any characters. I think he said the reason he killed one of the main characters in Serenity was for dramatic effect or whatever. That scene did suck, though.

3. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    TBH, I'd probably be hesitating/stammering for a bit too, trying to cast about for a rebuttle that didn't make it seem like I was putting my other foot in my mouth too, so it probably doesn't mean anything, but with Joss you never know.

4. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    It's really funny because I watched Serenity first before watching Firefly.

5. Randwulf Crescentmoon

Randwulf Crescentmoon Jedi Master star 4

May 25, 2013
    Juliet316
    You know, I didn't even think of it that way. I've been reading the ideas on this thread about Coulson being an LCD, being brought back by Dr. Strange, etc. and now I find myself noticing even the most miniscule details in this show. I'm like a conspiracy theorist now. It's all your guys' fault, ha-ha.

I Are The Internets
    I watched Firefly first 'cause my brother watches it all the time, and when I seen Serenity...aw man...I was broken up. Had a lot to drink for the remainder of that day, lemme tell ya.

6. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Everyone should've done what I did. There'd be less sadness then.

Jetedonne Pur-Pureus likes this.
  7. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Well it's Joss. You never know when the most innocous line or gesture might come to mean something later on. He's turned all of us into conspiracy theorists at one point or another with his shows.

8. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    I take it you don't like "Eraser" and one of the Bond films that did this?

Yeah, like test results can't be faked.

9. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I thought this week's episode was the best of the bunch so far. I feel like things are finally starting to click better. It obviously has taken a few episodes for the show to find its footing. The relationships between the cast are feeling tighter and more believable. I personally really thought that Jemma was going to sacrifice herself. It felt correct.

10. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Can scars like the ones shown on Coulson's chest last night?

11. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    It's tv anything can be faked but I do agree that last night pretty much ends the LMD debate.

Juliet316 likes this.
  12. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001

Sure, just replicate it on the flesh to keep him from wondering why he doesn't have a scar. Same with any scars that he had before his was stabbed by Loki.

13. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    The sky diving sequence would've been a lot more believable had Ward put on a pair of goggles first before jumping out of the plane. All they needed was to add a short, one or two second shot of him putting them on.

14. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    You're going to stop to put on goggles after you realize someone went out to commit suicide, that didn't need to?

15. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    I'm now more convinced it's the Infinity formula that I was floating a while back. Used to bring him back from death, still allows for scars, more energy, great health. And just terrible enough that Coulson can never know. Also a physical change in the body that would explain enhanced reflexes and muscle memory issues.

Also, after Simmons jumped, I expected Coulson to hop into Lola and get her.

Lazy Storm Trooper likes this.
  16. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    I'm sorry, but going down at that speed and trying to use your eyes to see properly in the direction that you're falling is completely implausible. Have you ever been on a speedboat?

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  17. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I am quite pleased with this one. Colson's scene with the firefighter was the best bit.

I was wondering about goggles too but whatev, it was a cool scene.

I am leaning towards the theory that Coulson is going to be The Vision, that his new body is just not ready for the change yet, and Scarlet Witch had a hand it bringing him back into his new body.

Of course there is THIS AWESOME FIND!

[​IMG]

This young kid's name is Phil.

18. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I've never been skydiving before but I would imagine that it can and has been done without goggles?

19. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    That's what they want you to think!

20. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005

21. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Either he just feels insignificant because he was not the action hero who saved her, or else he is feeling guilty because earlier in the episode he was obviously trying to pick up on Skye.

22. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Maybe a mix of both?

23. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  24. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    But that was ominous music, not inadequate or guilty music!

25. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    It seemed like inadequate music to me! Ominously inadequate?