main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST How similar to 1-6 will Episode 7 be?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by darthfettus2015, Nov 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    This has been in my mind since the announcement. How well will Episode 7 fit in with the other 6? Seamlessly/jarringly different? Its not a reboot but a continuation of a much loved story. Is JJ going to be mirroring GL in some style, will their be screen wipes, the familar cam movements, the silent end scenes, blue credits at the end, Scroll, at the end of the day will we notice this is Disney Star Wars rather than what we have known before? Apart from the logo and I guess lack of fox intro....thoughts please,..........this would be my first question to KK/JJ if I got a question in a press conference

2. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    I'd guess the only difference would be Fox logo and fanfare.

I'm guessing for the ST you'll get the SW staples: yellow opening crawl, the pan down/up, scene wipes, musical end shots, and iris out to blue end credits.

Spin-off films might be different, more akin to TCW movie.

3. sluggo1313.

sluggo1313. Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 23, 2013
    All that stuff will probably be very similar. I image the storytelling style (Heroes Journey etc...) will also be very similar.

4. darthfettus2015

Nov 15, 2012
    i wonder if it was one of the conditions of the sale that 7-8-9 must look and feel seamless with the others (apart from change of logo). This is what makes Star Wars different to any other fillm series really, there are people sad about the loss ofa film logo, the little things mean a lot to us, in a way, more than the actual content. We all know that Kershner and Marquand were not exactly free to have their own vision of the story. At first I thought JJ was going to be just this but co writing this script has changed all that but as a fan will it be a homage to Lucas?

5. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    There will be rap music instead of fanfare this time to appease the current generation.

TheManFromMortis likes this.
  6. darthfettus2015

Nov 15, 2012
    Your visions of hell are those that surely only a Sith could imagine

7. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Yes I am a Sith and don't call me Shirley.

8. sluggo1313.

Aug 23, 2013

I wouldn't think so. It will probably happen because Kennedy worked with lucas, and Abrams was a big fan of the OT.

9. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Something tells me the ST is going to be a lot like the PT...but to me that's not necessarily a bad thing.

10. darthfettus2015

Nov 15, 2012
    I think it will either unify or divide ultimately. As its a sequel to the OT I think they will try and make it as much OT as they can with some nods to the PT generation

11. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Something tells me we've seen this thread before!
    [​IMG]

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  12. sluggo1313.

Aug 23, 2013

If anything, most of what has been said would indicate they are going more in an OT direction.

13. WatTamborWoo

WatTamborWoo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 22, 2011
    If VII is like Star Wars then it will be like I to VI. Oh and IBTL.

14. SkywalkerSquadron

SkywalkerSquadron Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2013
    I'm hoping it will fit in pretty well. I'd like to see the opening crawl, the ”A long time ago..." text, and some returning characters. I think it will be quite different from the previous films whatever happens, but I still want some of the familiar Star Wars things to remain.

15. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    As it's the next episode in a continuing story, I'd hope it's not too different. Although, if they want to go in a different direction, I suppose they could have peaceful protests on a moon... as opposed to wars in the stars.

16. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Maybe these next three movies will be cuddlefests?

17. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    i just want to see Star Wars movies win a couple more academy or any of those other awards from those award shows, for the past ten year all its been has been Harry Potter, Twilight and now the Hunger game and even more teeny bopper films coming out these days, star wars deserves more awards.

18. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I hope it is very similar to the previous movies.
    The A Long Time Ago, In A Galaxy Far Far Away, I got a bad feeling about this, the crawl, and everything else from the first 6 movies.

19. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    None of those movies won any Oscars.

kubricklynch likes this.
  20. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    Hopefully it will keep the elements that makes the series so different from all other film series, like the crawl, the wipes, everything that has been mentioned.

21. JediGirl_Angelina

JediGirl_Angelina Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 12, 2003
    Thank goodness, although it's a bit sad for Harry Potter.

22. Darth Horn Rollo

Darth Horn Rollo Jedi Master star 1

Nov 2, 2012
    I'm going to resist the temptation to be sarcastic, which is difficult since at times I feel the pressure to pay homage to my avatar. Anyways, I think that the ST will "feel" like both. If I had to guess, I'd say that plot-wise it will be more like the OT - big, broad adventure with a more-straightforward narrative. Stylistically, I think it will be more like the PT, taking advantage of current technology. If the PT was influential at all, it was in the area of special effects. With that said, I also feel that the ST will probably bring a lot of new things to the table. I'm looking forward to seeing what direction things will move in with the new movies.

And, in before the lock...

Lee_ likes this.
  23. Visivious Drakarn

Visivious Drakarn Jedi Master star 3

Apr 20, 2013
    It depends. Are Kasdan and Abrams able to make character driven trilogy with all the subtleties three part story (a la PT)?
    Has Abrams already ensured changes in some iconic things we expect to see (new Millennium Falcon, new C-3PO, new R2)?
    Are they going to follow patterns and rhymes of the saga (for example, opening shots are in 1-2-3-3-2-1 style, main hero Skywalker loses an arm in second part...)?
    It's not all about visuals, 20th Century Fox fanfare or the opening crawl, it's also in the story itself.

24. darthfettus2015

Nov 15, 2012
    oh yes a Star Wars movie has a particular rhythm, there are very few very long scenes and even tho its markedly different the rhythms of the PT are very similar in style to that of the OT and i hope it will be so with the ST

25. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I think one of the big reason JJ was tabbed was his ability to copy styles. See Super 8 -- an unabashed homage to 80's Spielberg films. Hell, Steven recommended him!

All of the nuances that make SW Star Wars will be there. Those are basic building blocks of post production.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.