main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series For Discussion of Old TCW episodes...

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by CT-867-5309, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Just watched the Mortis arc again. Every time I see it I get more and more confused lol. There are so many interpretations. One of TCW's best IMO. I always come back to - who the heck is the Mother? And it's NOT Abeloth, that's going to be non-canon in a few years anyway. Any thoughts?

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    There was no mother. Celestials are too celestial to have sex. Or something.

...seriously, I don't remember a Mother being mentioned and I assumed she didn't exist.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  3. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    No, no it's not.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  4. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    Explain.

5. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    Lol, ya they didn't mention a Mother I just thought it was implied though...IDK

6. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    What, that's not enough to convince you?

Darkslayer likes this.
  7. Lando Swarm

Lando Swarm Jedi Master star 2

Aug 9, 2013
    Just found an awesome reference in Innocents Over Ryloth. 20 minutes in, the main droid antagonist of the episode is in a tank with the main gun aimed into Obi-Wan's face at point blank range.

The droid laughs The Terminator theme into Obi-Wan's face. HAHA - HA - HAHA. It's unmistakeable. So cool.

Count Yubnub likes this.
  8. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    I finally got the opportunity to watch The Return of Darth Maul. After memorizing the S4 finale as four installments, its refreshing to see a TCW arc in a new way. I noticed a few scenes were cut: Dooku's "Something sinister," Ventress's "A monster," and Yoda's revelation to Obi-Wan. I liked how the events of Brothers were intercut with Massacre. On its own, Bounty is lovely, but within the larger narrative, the change in tone throws me off. I can always fast-fwd.

Then there's Talzin's scene from Brothers. "Yes, Savage. You are getting closer and closer. Soon, you and your brother will be reunited. I must make the necessary preparations." This appears at the very beginning, Savage hasn't even left Stobar yet. So when Talzin has her vision, is she looking at the near-future, or is this just an editing decision that happens to throw logic aside in favor of narrative? If the former, then apparently Talzin possesses foresight. Either way, the scene definitely establishes her awareness of Savage's and Maul's locations. I assumed the amulet was a magickal GPS for tracking Savage, but now I realize Talzin always knew where Maul was. What is her game???

I might pick up a used copy for myself, if only because it offers an alternative to what I've already seen. I recall the Nightsisters trilogy was edited as a feature, as was Revival + Mauldalore. It would be fun to watch those films!

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  9. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    It would be good if they could upload the Maul S4 and Maul S5 arc to itunes as a movie. The Nightsisters S3 one has been.

10. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Have you seen the Nightsisters movie? Do you know if anything was added/cut?

11. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Wait...what?

A Nightsisters movie???

Hot ****ing damn, my Friday has been made, especially if there is some good previously unreleased material added. [face_dancing]

12. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

Unfortunately I have yet to buy it from itunes so I cannot answer that at the moment. But I intend to buy it once it gets to 1st November. Just because I've spent far too much money this month and I can't afford to put even more on my bill... :eek:

13. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    I remember the theory that appeared on the board which was that Talzin is the Mother.

14. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    [face_laugh] You're not the only one

15. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Ugh. Barriss's line "Tutso Mara. We trained together. He taught me how to hold my lightsaber correctly."
    Hold your lightsaber correctly? I think anyone with a brain (i.e, Luke) can hold a lightsaber correctly.

[​IMG]

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  16. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    LOL wut? Where is that from? [face_laugh]

17. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Lightsabers are probably like drumsticks - someone who hasn't been taught how to properly hold them and the various ways of doing so for different reasons can use them, just not nearly as well or efficiently. I can't imagine there's a form of swordsmanship where you're not instructed how to hold the sword in real life either. Like learning how to hold your drumsticks to play drums, I'd guess it's a fundamental.

Togruta and WatTamborWoo like this.
  18. WatTamborWoo

WatTamborWoo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 22, 2011
    Agree. In sport for example, using bats or rackets etc. depends on how they are held. Often sports people say that a change in how they hold a racket or bat improves their game. They learn how to hold it properly for them. It is probably the same with martial arts and weapons. Barriss's statement is sensible (although unintentionally funny at the same time).

19. CommanderDrenn

CommanderDrenn Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 19, 2013
    I guess I really need to start watching all the episodes again. I saw the movie way back in 2008, and I only remember a few episodes. Season 1 was good, Season 2 was good, Season 3 was boring, Season 4 was a bit better than 3, and 5 was about the same. Does anyone know where to find all the episodes? I have none on dvd.

20. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Amazon Instant Video.

21. Darth Kickass

Darth Kickass Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2013
    Wait one damn minute! They've released versions of some arcs that don't follow the story just as if you watched the episodes concurrently from the complete season releases?! What the ....!!! That is just not right! I must have them however!

22. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Wait till Rebels comes out and they have to change the opening scrawl from ANH that the Rebel Alliance won their 1st victory, to Ahsoka has won the Rebels 50th victory against the Empire

WatTamborWoo likes this.
  23. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Wait till you get a big ole poster of Ahsoka standing up on a hilltop holding the lapel of her trenchcoat with one hand, while the other hand is thrust out in a sort of "Forward!" type gesture. A Rebel flag is waving beside her, and legions of rebels march below her, while a horde of X-Wings fills the sky above. In the background a series of spewing factory smokestacks are visible for no particular reason.

WatTamborWoo likes this.
  24. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    You joke but I would'nt be suprised if Filoni would try and go for that very idea

25. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Exactly.

Once I'm really awake I can probably come up with a lot of such probable inclusions to the Ultra Special Editions to the OT.