main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Falling in love all over again

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by laserbrain, Nov 7, 2013.

1. laserbrain

laserbrain Jedi Padawan

Nov 6, 2013
    Being an absolute SW fanatic since i first saw TESB when it came out in the cinema as a 10 yo, (and watching the original 3 over 200 times, writing my own fan novels and my life being shaped by the magic of the trilogy) the prequels were a huge letdown to me when they first came out. Don't really know why, but I shelved my love for SW for quite a few years. Well, now that my son is 5yo he's old enough to watch, and after going through the prequels with him I have to say I am absolutely taken over again. Not so much with 1 but 2 and 3 are just fantastic. Now that I'm 43 (being heavily influenced by Buddhism the last few years helps too as this is where The Force is mainly drawn from as is most of SW philosophy) and watching it with my son has given me a newfound love for everything again.

2. Samnz

Samnz Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    Nice to read. Not even so much that you found a new appreciation for I - III (which is a good side effect) but that you chose to show your son the films without prejudice and indoctrination (despite your initial disappointment). Really, there are only two kind of haters (and they are haters, they don't just dislike the films) I can't stand:
    1.) fathers who do their best to prevent their kids from seeing the PT and - if that fails - plant their own hate in their children.
    2.) People who think they "know" Star Wars better than Lucas.
    Glad you chose another path!

3. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    ive said it before but i believe you have not seen the PT unless you have watched it with a child

4. WatTamborWoo

WatTamborWoo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 22, 2011
    cohanratt Pleased you are enjoying SW so much. The Saga has immense depth and beauty. There are a number of threads and Jedi Council members that have real insight into the films. Hope you enjoy the Boards.

By the way. Check out this Jedi Council editorial about AOTC from 2001 before the film came out!

http://www.theforce.net/jedicouncil/editorials/111701.shtml

Jarren_Lee-Saber and Cryogenic like this.
  5. Minez01

Minez01 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 12, 2005
    Nothing beats that. When TPM came out in the cinema when I was 10, it was the best moment of my film-viewing life. Kids don't pay attention to criticism or others' opinions, you just focus on what's on screen, and the PT is seriously epic. It's likely that watching the PT with a kid is the same feeling that those who saw the OT as kids had back then.

6. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Very similar experience here (I'm 43 also, loved the OT as a kid), although I didn't dislike the PT as you did in the theatres. My experience is similar in that I really grew to love them much more so after the fact, when they came out on video, and to really see how great they were in so many ways (I especially like 2 and 3 and not so much 1, same as you). This got me back into the swing of SW also. And just when I was SOO hoping that they would one day do another movie (just one more, come on George!), this whole ST thing popped up.

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  7. laserbrain

laserbrain Jedi Padawan

Nov 6, 2013
    I'm getting very, very excited about ep 7. Now we have 2 years to immerse ourselves again. I remember the anticipation i felt leading up to Jedi back in the day. Exciting times. Until then I've signed up for The Old Republic. That should tide me over :)

8. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I was a kid when I watched the PT and I can attest to this

Jarren_Lee-Saber and Minez01 like this.