main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Literature member interviews

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Point Given , Jun 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaptainPeabody

CaptainPeabody Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 15, 2008
    I've never seen the TCW movie, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't include any love scenes between Anakin and Padme-- so I can't see how it wouldn't come out on top.

2. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Well, in the interest of fairness, Ziro the Hutt is almost as bad.

3. CaptainPeabody

CaptainPeabody Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 15, 2008
    Ziro the Hutt is the best thing in TCW, bar none. The episode where he gets killed by the dancer-alien after talking about sunsets and getting chased by a stoned Quinlan Vos is pretty much the high point of the show for me. Tragedy!

4. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Help me Lazy Storm Trooper. You're my only hope.... for bringing the thread back on topic. :p

Lazy Storm Trooper likes this.
  5. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Ziro and Sy Snootles was wonderful, one of the best romances in Star Wars, obviously far outclassing A&P.

And yes, the TCW movie is better than AOTC.

6. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    What are your favorite non-SW TV shows/movies?
    9) My favorite TV show of all time is Chuck (just to get that out there) and Agents of SHIELD. But in general give something in the sci-fi/military/spy genres and I will be happy.

Here my top ten movies from my imdb page.
    1) The Empire Strikes Back
    2) 2001: A Space Odyssey
    3) Revenge of the Sith
    4) The Bourne Ultimatum
    5) The Avengers
    6) Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol
    7) Star Trek Into Darkness/Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
    8) The Amazing Spider-Man
    9) A New Hope
    10) Iron Man 3

10) Okay, just too say this out flat I enjoy most games on the same level but what I am saying are the games I have put the most time/effort into.

I like the Battlefield series, the Halo series, Star Wars: Battlefront (2004), Minecraft, and a whole bunch of indie titles.

7. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Lazy Storm Trooper 11. What non-SW books/comics do you like?

12. What are your favorite SW books and comics?

8. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Bump. Let's go Lazy! CLAP! CLAP! CLAPCLAPCLAP!

9. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011
    Iron Man 3's one of your top 10 movies? :eek: Oh God.

10. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Why's that a problem? It's a very entertaining movie.

Gorefiend likes this.
  11. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

One of the best movies of this year in fact.

12. DarthJenari

Dec 17, 2011
    I'd say its decent at best, but even if I thought it was great, a Top 10 movie though? :eek: Dang. Of course it's his list. I was just shocked because i've never seen anyone rate it that high.

13. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

Ah I never got the dislike for it, it has very good acting, great action, tons of humor, a real story arc, creepy villains and is a very fitting conclusion for the Iron Man Trilogy. :)

14. DarthJenari

Dec 17, 2011

I completely disagree. Good acting though and it certainly had tons of humor.

15. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Remember this is LazyTrooper's list. I would be disappointed if he chose anything but the first 10 decent flicks that entered his mind.:p

16. The_Four_Dot_Elipsis

The_Four_Dot_Elipsis Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 3, 2005
    This is what's registered concern and not The Amazing Spider-Man?

17. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Personally, I am more concerned about the inclusion Star Trek Into Darkness next to Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan.

Gorefiend likes this.
  18. DarthJenari

Dec 17, 2011

Found Iron Man 3 to be the worst of the two, though in general I noticed that for a Top 10 Movie List (And I assume it's all time) many of the choices are very recent, including the previously mentioned two, the above mentioned Star Trek, and Ghost Protocol. To be clear though, I liked all these movies, except Iron Man 3, I just wouldn't place them on a Top 10 list, but its again not my list.

Zeta1127 I fully admit i've seen none of the original Star Trek movies, and therefore avoid discussions on how the new ones compare to them or if they ruin the series or not, etc.

19. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I haven't actually seen Star Trek Into Darkness yet, but if my reaction after seeing Star Trek was any indication, "Why aren't they fixing this timeline mess like they always do?" Then I don't see much to look forward to in Star Trek Into Darkness as a Star Trek film.

20. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    This opening is to much to resist

21. The_Four_Dot_Elipsis

The_Four_Dot_Elipsis Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 3, 2005
    They didn't fix the timeline mess because any future involving a Nichelle Nichols' late-middle-aged fan dance is not a destiny worth preserving.

Arawn_Fenn likes this.
  22. Lazy Storm Trooper

Sep 18, 2012
    This is entertaining.

Todd the Jedi I will continue tomorrow. Just been busy the last few days.

23. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005
    Ever watch "Parallels" (TNG)? Every possible universe exists. In the past, we've always followed the universes where people (be they our heroes, 29th Century Timeships, or 31st Century Temporal Cold Warriors) decided to, and succeeded in, restoring the timeline. This time, we're watching one where they DON'T restore the timeline.

24. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    I'd certainly consider Iron Man 3 in the higher tier of Marvel movies; the only ones I'd consider better are Iron Man and The Avengers. And, while it's not a better film, I still love and prefer Captain America: The First Avenger.

Like most of the Marvel films, it was just a well paced, often clever and incredibly fun action film. More than any of the other IM films, it showcased why Tony Stark is more than an armor suit (the whole film, in my view, is a direct response to Cap's question in The Avengers: "take away the suit, and what are you?"). The character had to fall back on his ingenuity and talent with inventions rather than superpowering everything away, to the point where it almost felt more like a spy film than a superhero film. I know many count this as a negative, but I like it when these kind of movies play with genres. And of course, a lot of people like to bash IM3 for its twist, but I actually found it clever, not to mention the reaction absolutely hilarious (if nothing else, it was a great study on the mind of comic super fans).

If one views Iron Man 3 as an Extremis movie, rather than a Mandarin movie, it comes out looking much better.

BigAl6ft6, Arawn_Fenn, tjace and 4 others like this.
  25. Lazy Storm Trooper

Sep 18, 2012
    11. Tie-ins. Lots and lots of tie-in. One of my favorite things is watching or playing something then going into its "EU". I am a huge fan of the shared universe concept.

12. Pretty much everything from JJM, the NJO, Scoundrels, the Medstar books, Death Star and FOTJ (*ducks from thrown objects*). I also very much like the TCW mini-TPBs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.