main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Raise Hell, Praise Dale - NASCAR/North American Racing Series Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by MariahJade2, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    How the heck do you not even get into Turn 1 before crashing? Wow.

2. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Jeff Gordon wins at Martinsville! 88th race overall and 8th at Martinsville.

3. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost star 6

Dec 26, 2001
    That was a good race, loved seeing Jeff take it. Jimmie was a bit crazy today, terrified me. :p

Force Smuggler likes this.
  4. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    I knew Kenseth was going to be good today but he passed even my high expectations. Johnson finishing behind him was unexpected but getting stuck in the upper groove would do it. Yeah he wasn't happy today was he? Happy Jeff won.
    And can't forget Darrell Wallace Jr winning in the Trucks. 1st African American to win since Wendell Scott!

5. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    I think Gordon would've got by Kenseth regardless, but that Kasey Kahne block in the closing laps was just nonsense.

6. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Dec 26, 2001
  7. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Dec 26, 2001
    Yeah, I know Kasey's car was pretty torn up but I don't think he needed to check up like that.

Also... OMG HEY MAK.

8. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    Long time no see bud.:)

9. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Dec 26, 2001
    MY BOY

Race was boring as hell, but I can't really complain about the outcome, can I? :p

10. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    That was one of the most dominant performances I've seen in a long time (well, I actually listened to it).

11. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Dec 26, 2001
    There were quite a few that came close to him; Edwards, Busch, Keselowski... Honestly I think Gordon would have given him a run if not for the blown tire. He was fast and set up for the long run, which is what it ended up being.

12. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Ugh. Texas is Jeff's worst track bar none. :mad:[face_beatup]
    Congrats JJ but wanted Jeff to pull it off this year.

13. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Just came across the news that Trevor Bayne has been diagnosed with MS, but has been cleared to continue racing. He's a tough kid and very open about his faith, wish him the best.

Juliet316 likes this.
  14. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Man his health has been crazy ever since he won the Daytona 500.

15. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Dec 26, 2001
    I assume he's still going to be full-time Nationwide for 2014. I wonder how long before he isn't able to drive, obviously it's going to affect his career into Cup.

16. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Actually more people with MS these days, including those diagnosed at younger ages, can lead perfectly normal lives for the most part. Especially with today's medical advances. Case in point: Montell Williams who was diagnosed nearly 15 years ago, and still looks and acts by and large like the picture of health.

17. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Dec 26, 2001
    Yeah the more I've been reading about Trevor here I realized I was way off. Seems that it was discovered when he was going through his troubles last year but has yet to see any symptoms directly related to MS.

18. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    His sister has it as well, I believe. Also young.

19. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
  20. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    He's a legend, one of my favorite drivers on any circuit. Hate that he went out this way, he deserved to go out on his own terms. Enjoy a long and relaxing retirement.

Juliet316 likes this.
  21. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Tough to hear that about Franchitti. Always liked him. This year has been rough for racing.

22. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Dec 26, 2001
    Michael Annett driving the 7 for Tommy Baldwin full time for Rookie of the Year in '14. Bringing his current sponsor, Pilot J, with him. That's awesome news for TBR, but I wonder what Blaney's going to do?

23. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I think Burton, Blaney, and Labonte are destined for Fox Sports 1, NBC, or ESPN to call Cup or Nationwide, maybe even trucks. All good drivers, but still young enough to enjoy a good second career, and with the sport becoming as top-heavy as ever, they'll never get a shot again to drive for a competitive team.

24. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Crafton wins the Truck Championship! Ran every single lap of the season!

25. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Dec 26, 2001
    LOL Donovan McNabb

Even if he thinks you don't need to be an athlete to drive one of these cars, you can't say Jimmie isn't an athlete. The dude does triathlons non stop.