main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Is Arndt working on VIII? New article hints at it.

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by newdawn12, Nov 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    Veloz and Corax78 like this.
  2. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Honestly we will just have to wait and see. It's WAY too early to speculate about Episode VIII

Jedi Merkurian and Echo-07 like this.
  3. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    And the plot thickens. :p I have no idea who this person is who wrote the article so I have no clue if they're reliable or not but I'd be very happy if it turns out to be true. I really hoped Arndt would stay on for the whole trilogy.

4. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    I have little doubt, now that Abrams is writing VII, he'll finish the trilogy. Arndt probably provided much of the framework.

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  5. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
  6. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Ditto.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  7. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Well, if it implies that Arnt will be back for VIII and IX, then it also implies that Abrams will be back for VIII and IX... And I'd rather it didn't imply that.

GunganSlayer, lbr789 and Immortiss like this.
  8. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I hope you're right, because this guy adds a lot of heart and feeling into his screenplays and it would be a shame to lose him.

dolphin, Skywalker Thing and Echo-07 like this.
  9. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    But where is Arndt?

T-R- likes this.
  10. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    I think Abrams will be involved in VIII and IX as a producer whether or not he ends up directing (and I'm personally hoping they all have different directors). As for Arndt, I did wonder if this was a possibility based on Abrams's statement, so it would be interesting if this were true and put to rest some of those rumors of bad blood.

-Jedi Joe- and Echo-07 like this.
  11. Count Yubnub

Oct 1, 2012
    Possibly, but why would he if he isn't directing?

Me too.

-Jedi Joe- likes this.
  12. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Too all..

Arndt*

13. Mystery Roach

Mar 10, 2004
    Rumors are that he is going to be heavily involved with Star Wars moving forward. And the fact that Bad Robot is involved and he and Bryan Burk are producing Episode VII lends a lot of credence to the notion that they will be working on the entire ST in my opinion. Kennedy didn't just hire him to be a director and I don't think he would have taken the job if there weren't more in it for him than that.

Echo-07 likes this.
  14. Count Yubnub

Oct 1, 2012
    I thought he maneuvered himself and his company into a producing capacity after he was hired to direct?

Regardless, his involvement sucks.

15. Mystery Roach

Mar 10, 2004
    I'm not entirely sure how that happened, but if he did that then he probably made sure it wouldn't just be for Episode VII anyway. I've gone back and forth on how I feel about his involvement, but I think it's pretty safe to say that unless he messes up badly enough for Disney to give him the axe he's going to be sticking around at least in some capacity (and probably a large one) for a while.

16. Beezer

Beezer Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2013
    It's too early to worry about E8 because it's too early for anyone to make any decisions. Fact is that E7's performance will very much determine how they proceed. If E7 is a poor movie which under-performs, they will do what they can to get the E7 crew out the door and a new group for E8. If E7 does well and is universally adored, they'll make sure they keep as many of the same people around as possible.

17. Mystery Roach

Mar 10, 2004
    By the way, is the first word of the title of this thread supposed to be "Is"? I'm especially tired today, but it took me until just now to work that out.

18. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    Yes, it's supposed to be Is, I made a typo, and I don't know how to fix it.

19. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I agree. I think Abrams was brought on board not only for the ST but to coordinate this huge multimedia campaign that Disney seems to be making. Everyone hired so far seems to have their hands in all these different projects underway. Kinberg is writing a spin-off while also working on Rebels and being a consultant on Episode VII, Kasdan is writing a spin-off and Episode VII so I think Abrams is also working on some of these other projects. Abrams is not only a film director but a very successful TV producer so who better to hire to get a SW live action series up and going? I see a lot of similarities between the situation Lucasfilm has with Abrams and the one Marvel has with Joss Whedon. I think the spin-offs and Rebels will all be tied together and will lead up to a television series sometime after Episode VII. That's my hope anyway.

:D

20. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    You cannot. You have to live with your shame for the rest of your membership here.

21. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Fixed the thread title. :-B

22. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    This thread actually brings up a lot of questions besides just the writing one. With the production schedule they've set for themselves (one movie a year, one Episode every other year) I'm curious about the following:

1. Will new writers & directors be brought in for later films, or is this the team we've got going forward?
    2. Will Pinewood studios be used for all of the films (including the spinoffs), or will other studios need to be used to keep things on schedule?
    3. Will all of the films (including the spinoffs) be a Dec. release?

Basically, I just see the schedule they've set as being difficult to achieve without multiple teams working, almost simultaneously, on the various projects. The Marvel formula is probably what we'll get.

Dra---, Immortiss, Ryus and 1 other person like this.
  23. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I think Disney has a ten year deal with Pinewood so I'd say that the upcoming films will all most likely be filmed there. I definitely think they'll need to get different directors and crews for the spin-offs if they plan on releasing them on schedule, but my question is have they already been selected? I just remember Drew McWeeney saying that there are others working on these projects that we aren't even aware of and I wonder if that includes directors. Ahhh, I just wish we knew more!

Ryus and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  24. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    If they use Pinewood for all of the films (which I suspect they will), then I doubt Abrams will direct more than one. He seemed to be very opposed to filming overseas, due to his family, and that would be a lot of overseas filming. Arndt being used for further scripting I could see, but it really depends on how much of his previous work is being altered. His involvement could be more expedient, since he's been involved for so long, but there may be irreconcilable creative differences. [face_dunno]

25. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Additionally, Kasdan was supposed to be working on a spinoff and Kinberg, too. Now, Kasdan is tied to VII and Kinberg, Rebels. When will they be free for the future spinoffs, especially with VIII and IX in the pipeline?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.