main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Is Arndt working on VIII? New article hints at it.

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by newdawn12, Nov 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    "Some say he died. Codswallop in my opinion. No, he's out there somewhere..."

2. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    Particularly that Arndt focused on Solo kids and JJ wanted Skywalkers, whether Luke's kids or Luke himself wasn't clear.

Dra--- likes this.
  3. Vastor

Vastor Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Really hope Peter Jackson gets to direct VIII or IX.

Darkslayer likes this.
  4. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    NOOOOOO!!!!!!! I don't want to see Luke and the new generation walk around for 2.5 hours!

5. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    But then we won't get the Tintin sequel!!

Hopeless likes this.
  6. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Walking around for 2.5 hours > ugly color grading.

TKT likes this.
  7. CryGoneGin

CryGoneGin Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 28, 2013

Still an annoyingly nonsensical and inaccurate criticism, if you ask me. Thanks, Kevin Smith (who I otherwise quite like).

Dasan, Darkslayer and Count Yubnub like this.
  8. -Jedi Joe-

-Jedi Joe- Jedi Master star 2

May 6, 2013
    Peter Jackson and Chris Nolan are on board to co-direct Episode VIII, which will be solely about Han Solo and will explore his journey of shooting first and flying through endless asteroid fields. You heard it here first!

TKT and TheManFromMortis like this.
  9. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    It makes perfect sense for Arndt to go right into the next Episode while the story is still fresh in his rusty inners. =D=

10. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    Don't blame Kevin Smith for this, it was a criticism I had when they came out and only continued with the Hobbit. Way too many aerial pans of the group walking.

11. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    I think that folks are reaching too hard again. Abrams' words hints at no such thing. This is a case of throwing poo at the wall and hoping something sticks. I have the hardest time believing that they are worried about getting Episode VIII written when they have not finished with Episode VII.

12. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    You just won immunity.

To what...? I don't honestly know. But, you win.

13. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012

I honestly doubt Episode VIII and IX aren't being actively written as we speak. We know the treatments for them exist and changes in VII will obviously affect VIII and IX.

Immortiss and Echo-07 like this.
  14. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I was going to tag you, but I felt that would be sucking up.

15. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    "It doesn't preclude working with him in the future" is a technically-correct way of avoiding the mentioning of creative differences. The "don't call us, we'll call you" of PR. It points to nothing about *any* specific future project Abrams might have in mind, much less future SW films.

16. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Things happen when you are creating/writing stuff. For example, in half the papers I need write my thesis will change by the end of it because I find a new message that I can deliver in a better way. Doesn't mean I didn't have a plan going into it, and that there is no logical structure or cohesion. The same applies here. George knew long before TPM how he wanted the Prequels to be. Doesn't mean he can't make minor changes while he's doing it (yes, Sifo-Dyas was a minor plotline). His overall vision however remained consistent.

Darth Raiden likes this.
  17. w4tkn

w4tkn Jedi Master star 1

Jan 25, 2013
    I want Alfonso Cuaron for VIII and Ang Lee for IX

Immortiss and syferdiasisalie like this.
  18. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    I'd like either Speilberg for VIII and Lucas for IX, or Joe Johnston for VIII and Speilberg for IX.

19. sluggo1313.

sluggo1313. Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 23, 2013

But you don't hand in the paper when the two don't match. You then go back and make the thesis to fit the message you discovered while writing the paper, which is basically what I'm suggesting. They should write (or at least get a good outline) of the rest of the paper so all the parts match and has struture and cohesion. Lucas didn't do that with the PT which is why have plot threads like Sifo-Dyas left hanging and villaisn being killed off and replaced left right and center. He didn't have it all planned out, so the 3 movies lack that kind of cohesion with each other, and he boxed himself in which why you have to just accept some leaps of logic going from 1 trilogy to the other (why Luke and Leia had to be hidden, Leia remembering her "real" mother while Luke didn't, Obi-wan saying he could instruct Anakin just as well as Yoda, which doesn't really jive with what happened etc....).

dolphin likes this.
  20. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999

by that logic, there is no way the every other year cycle will work. Kicking the Episode VII crew out of the door and starting fresh will require at least a 3 year gap which is what I think we'll get (Episode 8 in 2018).

sluggo1313 is right. There is alot of pressure on the producers and all those involved because you are not just ramping up production on Episode VII but the groundwork for 8 and 9 is already being done. You HAVE to get Episode VII right because the train isn't stopping. Pre-production and advanced script revisions on Episode VIII will already need to have begun when VII is released.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  21. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I want to see David Fincher involved somehow, but I know that'll never happen.

Mystery_Roach likes this.
  22. sluggo1313.

Aug 23, 2013
    In terms of directors, I thought Andrew Stanton did a good job with John Carter (it just has script issues). not to mention Wall-E and Finding Nemo. And he is already a Disney guy

23. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Well my usually my thesis isn't completely different. It's more or less the same most of the time this happens, with a detail changed to make it sound just a little bit different (and hopefully better :p). Lucas did do that, just like any artist/writer/whatever. I still don't get why you are so hung up on Sifo-Dyas. It's a minor detail. And I think it's heavily implied when Jango said he was hired by Tyrannus that Sifo-Dyas was killed by Tyrannus, who we later find out is Dooku.

Mystery_Roach likes this.
  24. sluggo1313.

Aug 23, 2013

Its not implied at all. And they are just plot threads left open, that working on episodes VIII and IX while working VII could be avoided.

25. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Given Arndt has apparently written a treatment for the entire trilogy I fully expect he will be involved in Episode VIII, in fact he already is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.