main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit fate of the jedi and new jedi order shortcut reading

Discussion in 'Literature' started by DoubleGold, Nov 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
  2. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011

No, no i'm not, but i've already read it, just as I have LOTF-FOTJ, which is why I can say they're nothing special.

3. DoubleGold

DoubleGold Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 3, 2013
    Someone told me that Mara Jade Walker dies. Which book? which series? that is one book I don't want to skip.

4. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    That would be Sacrifice, halfway through the Legacy of the Force series.

5. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    And you will want to skip it because it is stupid.

6. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    It was one of the first LoTF books I read- mostly because it was what was at the library.

7. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Worst ending to the Big 3 story ever. You want the true ending to the Big 3 story? The Unifying Force. End of Story. You want a conclusion past that? Legacy comics are your friend not Crucible.

Jedi Ben, Nobody145, Zeta1127 and 5 others like this.
  8. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    What everyone is getting at is most fans who have gotten to the post-NJO have given up on it at some point, and see the last book in the NJO, The Unifying Force, as the end of the timeline, due the tone it set and where it left the galaxy, as opposed to being angered either by reading the post-NJO or hearing about what happens. As with anything, there are fans of the post-NJO, but they are a minority.

9. DoubleGold

DoubleGold Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 3, 2013
    When you say fans of post-NJO, are you talking about after undying force, the last book in the New Jedi Order? Or the swarm war, which is part of the dark nest trilogy? Because really that is the last book in the New Jedi Order Era.

whostheBossk likes this.
  10. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    I believe that the Dark Nest Trilogy is being considered "post-NJO" in this context.

Zeta1127 and Force Smuggler like this.
  11. DarthJenari

Dec 17, 2011

The New Jedi Order Novel Series, which ended with the Unifying Force. Anything after that is seen as garbage by the majority of the fanbase, with a few standouts such as Paul S. Kemp's Jaden Korr novels, or Mercy Kill.

12. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    DNT is part of the problem; it's where Jacen begins his journey to the dark side. It's where Denning gets control. It's where Saba becomes Lizard Sue. It's where Jaina and Zekk merge their minds and Zekk refers to Jag as "their old boyfriend." It's where Denning gets control.

Ohnowereallgonnadie

Zeta1127 and Force Smuggler like this.
  13. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I skipped Vortex from the FOTJ. Read all of the LOTF books.

14. The Supreme Chancellor

The Supreme Chancellor Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2012
    I made a thread about it "Why all the LOTF hate?" check it out when you can.

15. son_of_skywalker03

son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    You must be joking.

DoubleGold and Zeta1127 like this.
  16. Odolwa

Odolwa Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 12, 2013
    What? not everyone hates it, i can understand FOTJ series being disliked but i found LOTF to be entertaining

17. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Considering its all based on the ridiculous premise of Vergere being a Sith and training Jacen as such, which is a complete and total fabrication of Troy Denning and his complete lack of understanding of Traitor, there isn't anything entertaining to be had.

son_of_skywalker03 likes this.
  18. son_of_skywalker03

son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    You liking it doesn't make it a good series. The truckload of issues surrounding it makes it bad.

19. Odolwa

Nov 12, 2013
    You disliking it doesnt make it a bad series.

20. Odolwa

Nov 12, 2013
    Thats subjective though, I just see a lot of "We don't like this book so you shouldn't bother reading it". I say read em all if you are a star wars fan. FOTJ took a weird space fantasy direction though, and i was bored with the majority of the series. As for jacen i found it a little bleh that they killed off one kid then the other in next series, Seemed like they were building up a anakin vs jacen in NJO

21. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    I would wager a guess that most people recommend not reading LOTF/FOTJ because LOTF kinda nullifies any point to the NJO (Dark Nest chips in!), and FOTJ is just a continuation of that.

22. Odolwa

Nov 12, 2013
    Still better then shadows of mindor.

23. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
  24. Odolwa

Nov 12, 2013
    Didnt jacen say he would spend rest of his life trying to regain that power in NJO, doesnt that mean he would turn to darkside sooner or later, or am i missing something on how jacen was misused?, you guys read into these things more then i do

25. DarthJenari

Dec 17, 2011

Are you saying you can understand why people dislike FOTJ, but not LOTF? I'd say both suffer from similar problems, and then their own unique problems that make one just as bad as the other. Regardless, they were both doomed to fail from the start in my opinion.

I agree though, everyone should read whatever they want and decide for themselves what they think about what they've read.

son_of_skywalker03 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.