main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST How similar to 1-6 will Episode 7 be?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by darthfettus2015, Nov 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    The whole entire film will be in black and white.

2. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Wasn't there a trailer mash up of the first 6 movies in black and white on youtube? I remember seeing them but can't find them.

3. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I think so. I know the Blu-ray edition has black and white footage.

4. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Thought so. Or maybe I saw them on here. Have to look some more. I've seen the blu-ray stuff or believe I have anyway.

5. Sum-Wan

Sum-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2013
    I'm fairly sure there is a set of fan edits of the OT in black and white, maybe silent too.

6. Randwulf Crescentmoon

Randwulf Crescentmoon Jedi Master star 4

May 25, 2013
    That would be pretty cool in a separate Star Wars movie, done kind of like Sin City with color strewn about in different areas of a scene.

7. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    Abrams is not in the same position with Star Wars as he was in projects like, say, Star Trek. With Star Trek he was given the explicit task of rebooting the franchise. This is not the case here, nor is JJ "the boss" here. That's not to knock any aspect of his involvement, as he will still be a powerful voice in the production, but at the end of the day it's Kennedy first, and intimately the powers that be at Disney that will make the big decisions and give the green light to things when it comes to certain styles, look and feel of the films, and some other key aspects.

The story itself is a Lucas creation, and while Arndt and now Abrams and Kasdan are connecting the dots of GL's treatments, the major plot points are a true continuation of the established story.

I am confident that the ST will fit in just fine.

Seagoat and Echo-07 like this.
  8. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    The start & end will be the same minus the fox logo of course ..... The look will be a mixture of OT & PT but feel more like the OT " IMHO "..............

Echo-07 and LunarMoth like this.
  9. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    The ST will be exactly like 1-6 except that it will take place on present day Earth with no spaceships, Jedi, lightsabers, the Force, screen wipes, opening crawl, music, characters, or story. In other words it will be a fly-on-the-wall documentary about four hours in the life of an oak tree that plays in utter silence until the end when it fades to black and you hear the voice of James Earl Jones say "Star Wars. Episode Seven."

TheManFromMortis and Echo-07 like this.
  10. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    My guess is that the main episodes will be similar to all previous films. As for the spin-offs, I'm hoping for a change of pace.

Mystery_Roach and T-R- like this.
  11. Boxster

Boxster Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 13, 2005
    I am hoping the ST to be like Trek 1 and 2. Those are effing awesome movies, thanks to JJ!

12. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    Yeah they can go nuts with the spinoffs for all I care. I only care about a certain amount of stylistic consistency between the main episodes. And that's not to say there isn't room for variation there either, as Lucas proved with the PT, but they all still have certain fundamental similarities that can't be ignored.

13. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    exactly my thought I want it to have its own feel (which I guess it will do with a new creative team) but to still fit in as one continous story

Darth Raiden and Mystery_Roach like this.
  14. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
  15. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    And will still make a billion dollars not to mention millions in tree "action" figures.

16. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    JJ has implied, if not outright said, that there will be some of both trilogies here. He talked about his love of the OT, but also brought up in the same conversation that there is a whole generation of SW fans brought up on the PT that needed to be acknowledged in these movies. I am glad for this myself.

The fact that there is new technology and different people working on this for (hopefully positive) changes, along with Lucas's script and some commitment to keep both old trilogies in mind, makes for ideal circumstances in my mind. You have both great reverence for the old, along with a lot of new innovation and fresh perspectives.

I think you will have most of the SW standards, with some new surprises.

17. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    At the threads title:
    Its more Star Wars, what does it matter? :p

18. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    It's gonna be all about Juke Skywalker, Princess Freia and Stan Solo as they fight the New Empire and their terrible warlord Zarth Valar, Dark Lord of the Sith! The movie climaxes with Juke blowing up the Death Moon. Man oh man, I can't wait!

Mystery_Roach likes this.
  19. Fly Guy

Fly Guy Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 31, 2013
    Hmm..well, I beg to differ, because I thought Trek one was bad, and two outrageously bad.

I know some people think that having JJ on board with the ST, makes it almost a shoe-in to be great.

However, JJ "lens flair" Abrams isn't a younger Spielberg, and could screw up the ST in a bad kinda way.

I hope this doesn't happen, but it could.

20. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I'm hoping that the ST isn't too similar to the OT or the PT. I acknowledge that the two trilogies feel different-and IMO it's supposed to be that way. These trilogies each represent different times-different ages in this story. In fact, when seeing all three trilogies and their respective different tones, it will likely help the PT feel less jarring as far as its differences, when compared to the OT. Having three to compare (allowing for individuality) works much more smoothly than having only two to compare to each other.

I hope that the ST has a look and feel all its own, but STILL with certain continuity points given consideration (how blasters/lightsabers sound, how certain familiar planets look, how it looks when ships go to/come out of hyperspace, screen wipes, etc.) I am not worried about the score of course, knowing Williams' involvement (score is a huge continuity area for me.)

I also don't want this trilogy to basically be a carbon-copy of the OT in look and feel, either. Keep the important elements of continuity, but make it a trilogy of its own. Wouldn't it be great to have a saga with three different, (yet connected) trilogies, covering three different eras? What a saga that would be!

21. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    Exactly.

Oh and don't expect to see the Walt Disney intro either. IMO, the ST will begin with a new-slightly longer 'LUCASFILM' intro much like Marvel Studios.

22. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Or the movie won't open with any logo whatsoever.

23. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Speaking of similarities in Star Wars films, it occurred to me that there is already an example of what an amalgamation of the PT and OT would look like.

From the OT it has
    1.A loveable Scoundrel character with a fast "used future" ship
    2. An empire with obvious similarities to the OT version
    3. "Inside ship" view of hyperspace jump
    4. Vaderesque character design on the main Sith bad guy.
    5. Luke's theme

From the PT it has
    1. Republic troops very similar to clone troopers
    2. Jedi more similar to the PT versions
    3. Faster, flashier lightsaber battles
    4. The Republic
    5. Duel of the Fates

AshiusX likes this.
  24. pete brock

pete brock Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2016
    very

Tex Murphy likes this.
  25. astronaut23

astronaut23 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 9, 2005
    They will probably copy ESB just like they copied ANH.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.