main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    What, she's not wearing pants? Never noticed that as I tend to focus on the Section 9 guys - especially Batou (of course), Ishikawa, Saito and Proto.

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    This is pretty cool.

Star Wars Myers Briggs Test

It seems that I'm Luke, although I've gone back and forth between the P and the J so I could be Obi-Wan...

3. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Owen Lars is Snape and Palpatine is Draco Malfoy -- My god, we should have seen this twist coming earlier!:eek:

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  4. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    No, Miss Lovegood, you may not go to Tosche Station to get power converters. You can waste time with your friends when your chores are done. Ten points from Ravenclaw.

5. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    So I saw Thor: The Dark World. It was flipping fantastic. Not only was it paced better than the first film, but this director knows how to direct action. Kenneth Brannagh is a good director, don't get me wrong, but the first Thor didn't have much in the way of well directed fight scenes. This movie on the other hand pulled some of the most insanely creative fights I've seen in a long time. Considering the color palette similarities to Man of Steel, I'd wager that this movie was a better Man of Steel than Man of Steel.

It was grim and brutal in some points, but it managed to temper the dark stuff with some really good bits of humor. Tom Hiddleston was great as Loki again, and his scenes with Chris Hemsworth just seem to write themselves. And it is a testament to Loki's character that you can never trust him in anything. What might seem like a tender moment can at any time be interrupted with Loki suddenly shifting into a smug jerkass again.

It also has by far the best final fight of any of the Marvel movies to date. This was better than The Avengers, better than Iron Man 3, and better than Captain America. It was a jaw dropping finale.

GO SEE THIS MOVIE. AND SEE IT IN IMAX IF YOU CAN. UNLESS 15 BUCKS IS TOO MUCH, IN WHICH CASE YOU MIGHT BE BETTER OFF IN A NORMAL THEATER.

6. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm Obi-Wan around friends and family and Palpatine when at work apparently.. Dark Lord of the Sith by day, Jedi Council member by night. [face_shhh]

7. Ani501st

Ani501st Jedi Padawan star 3

Mar 18, 2013
    I saw Ender's Game yesterday and I loved it ! A stunning movie, impressive and epic !

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  8. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Won't be seeing that film!

9. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    Read the book, hate the author. I think I'll wait until the movie comes out on TV so I don't give a cent to that scumbag.

10. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Eh, I might see it because COLONEL HAN SOLO. I will be seeing Thor 2 tonight though. Besides what Zandalor said, I've heard good reviews elsewhere.

In the meantime, Cloud Atlas is on HBO on demand, so I'll probably watch that this weekend. I don't even really care if it's good, since it just looks pretty.

11. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    I wouldn't say it was better than The Avengers, that's my all time favourite film, but yes, it was better than all of the other Marvel films.

12. Ani501st

Ani501st Jedi Padawan star 3

Mar 18, 2013
    It's a must-see movie ! Great poetry !

13. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I was under the impression that the author was paid a fixed amount for the rights years ago and won't be making any money off the movie.

14. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I had heard that as well and I don't know for sure.

I read the book 25 years ago; it was decent but I didn't love it enough to try to see the movie in the theater. I'll wait until it streams on Netflix.

If I loved it, I could probably overlook the fact that I think the author is a horse's ass.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  15. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    The finale is better than The Avengers. Didn't say the rest of the film. But I'm not a big Joss Whedon fan either.

16. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Just saw it. Pretty good. I wouldn't say it has a better finale than The Avengers, just a different type.

But still, that mid-credits scene was great. Can't wait for more MCU films. :D

17. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    The mid credits scene reminded me of doctor who. Appropriate considering Christopher Eccleston is the baddie in the film.

18. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I liked Thor's character in The Avengers (and I liked The Avengers), but I didn't really like Thor's first standalone movie... sounds like this one may be worth checking out, though.

19. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I want to see the Thor movie but I'll probably wait for it to show up on Netflix, just because I can't see myself getting to the theater any time soon.

From the files of "Because I reproduced, I have more anecdotes than you do":

The song "Odds Are" by Barenaked Ladies came on the radio in the car, a song I really like. My oldest asked me the name of the song, and I told him, thinking, ah, cool, we're going to have a nice mother/son bonding moment over mutual love of a particular type of music. I added, "I have that song on iTunes at home if you want it."

His reply: "Nah. I just want to see if there's a Minecraft parody to it."

Well snap. :p

20. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    That damn Minecraft.

21. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    Watching Pacific Rim again. Damn, I love this movie, and I hope that they get to make a sequel. Or I could just watch G Gundam again and see a Canadian Lumberjack Gundam fight the hero in the basin of Niagara Falls.

22. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    I retook the Meyer Briggs Test
    I am apparently Palpatine...

I did see 12 Years a Slave and oh my goodness. It is the most stark and unapologetic look at slavery I have ever seen from Hollywood. So hard to watch but I highly recommend it.

23. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I still need to see that one.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  24. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    I'm in the mood for an 80s action film. Shall I go for The Terminator, or Escape from New York?

25. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    I'd always say Carpenter over Cameron. At least in terms of the 80s.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.