main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Is Arndt working on VIII? New article hints at it.

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by newdawn12, Nov 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    If Cuaron goes onto Star Wars he will find a way to ruin the franchise, just like he did with Harry Potter.

2. CryGoneGin

CryGoneGin Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 28, 2013

I blame him for making that opinion a popular line with those who mock those movies. And by way too many aerial pans of the group walking, you mean all the beautiful shots of New Zealand that gave you an idea of the scope of the journeys? And then there's this problem: so maybe a dozen shots like that represents the sum accomplishments of an entire motion picture, eh? I apologize in advance for how baiting this next comment will sound like, but I don't like the attention-deficit crowd mocking a film because they personally can't handle it.

That's my umbrage with that kind of remark: it implies and accuses the movie of something that is both a huge exaggeration and a lie, and also is revealing of the person making said remark.

On topic, however, I'm hoping Arndt handed in a script that just needed polishing. I won't rule out the "kicked out" theory, however. It's not unprecedented...

3. CryGoneGin

Aug 28, 2013
    double-post. Sorry.

4. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    Well I guess we'll just have to disagree. You're wrong though.

5. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    GTFOTB

6. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    My dream team:

Episode VIII: Christopher Nolan (TDK-like character building movie)
    Episode IX: Peter Jackson (ROTK-like grand finale)

7. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Cuaron did just make a masterful film in Gravity (and as with the books, Prisoner of Askaban is arguably the best of the Harry Potter movies), but that doesn't mean he should suddenly get the Star Wars job.

8. CryGoneGin

Aug 28, 2013
    Concerning the director speculations on here, my vote goes for Guillermo del Toro. I love his quirky style and the endearing affection he brings to his blockbusters.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  9. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    I'm sorry... I know del Toro is a geek darling, but I've never been able to stand the movies of his that I've seen. I'm not exactly a huge fan of Cuaron either, but my gut tells me he'd be the perfect choice for Episode VIII.

10. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    I'm not mockng the film because I can't handle it. I simply don't like it. The movies were 3+ hours long with a lot of wasted time on aerial shots and shots of the characters walking without dialogue, so the plot wasn't being furthered it was simply so the director could indulge in sweeping vistas.

So not a huge exaggeration or a lie. What it reveals about me is that I don't particularly like a director added pointless, time consuming shots to stroke their own ego.

11. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I want to see a David Lynch or Terry Gilliam SW. If it was the latter, it would take 23 years to make.

12. Mystery Roach

Mar 10, 2004
    They're two of my favorite filmmakers, and I can safely say that I have zero interest in seeing either one of them do a Star Wars movie. Oddly though, J.K. Rowling wanted Gilliam to make (I think the first) Harry Potter and I can't help but think that would have been an interesting and at least somewhat better fit.

13. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I am hoping for Herschel Gordon Lewis to direct Episode 8.

14. -Jedi Joe-

-Jedi Joe- Jedi Master star 2

May 6, 2013
    Uwe Boll to direct Episode VIII!

15. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Already been said.

16. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    He arndt here.

TKT, Skywalker Thing and dolphin like this.
  17. LottDodd

LottDodd Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2002
    I want Edgar Wright.... But for a spinoff, not a sequel.

18. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    He arndt here either. :(

19. sluggo1313.

sluggo1313. Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 23, 2013

Really? About what, the obviously plot threads that were left open in the PT, or about the fact that working on future episodes can help eliminate those?

20. Mystery Roach

Mar 10, 2004
    I never thought the Sifo-Dyas thing needed an explanation. We have enough information to draw whatever conclusion we want from it and move on. By the end of AOTC, we know that the whole thing was orchestrated by Sidious and Dooku, who is really Tyrannus, and in ROTS we learn that Sidious is really Palpatine. Sifo-Dyas is a red herring. Further explanation is irrelevant and best left to the EU. One of the stories in the TCW bonus content will involve him too so there's a decent chance that will clear up any unanswered questions about that character anyway.

21. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Well maybe Sifo-Dyas was Plagueis this whole entire time?!

jaqen likes this.
  22. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Side note: speaking of Gilliam, just yesterday I read that (1) the Wachowskis are making a space opera movie ("Jupiter Ascending") to be released next year--I was unaware they were making a space opera movie--and (2) Terry Gilliam will be in it! Cannot wait.

23. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    You mean he's actually going to star in the film?!

24. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012

I loved Prisoner of Azkaban, plus it has a 91% on RT... I think only the last one has a higher RT rating.

Cuaron would be a great choice for Star Wars. Harry Potter, for me, proved he's great with franchise sequels and getting the tone right (Azkaban felt the most like the books). Gravity proved he can do cool space stuff. :p

25. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    According to Gilliam's Facebook post, it's a "small but vital part."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.