main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Disney Signed a 3 Year Deal to Shoot Star Wars in New Mexico.

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Randwulf Crescentmoon, Nov 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    There was an article released today that where the studio straight up said Star Trek Into Darkness cost an extra 20 mil flat-out cuz JJ wanted to shoot in L.A. I love Abrams flicks but, c'mon guy, stretch a little bit!

Mystery_Roach likes this.
  2. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    You know they could just be filming inside on a soundstage. Just cause its NM doesn't constitute it will be in the desert. They could be using Albuquerque Studious.

[​IMG]

3. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Didn't Weird Al write a song about Albuquerque? Maybe he's going to be the main character!

Count Yubnub likes this.
  4. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Indeed he did. Weird Al totally belongs in a Star Wars movie. He's earned it. :p

5. JediGirl_Angelina

JediGirl_Angelina Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 12, 2003
    Sure he did. Maybe he can sing in a cantina somewhere in the background.

6. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    Didn't Bugs Bunny make a lot of left turns there? Maybe he's going to be the main character! 8-}

7. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Yes they will both be the main characters, and world peace will occur because of that!

8. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    Bugs Bunny is under contract with Warner Bros., and after Who Framed Roger Rabbit I doubt Disney will ever shell out for Warner to loan him to them again. Word is that Bugs and Mickey hated each other, and Mickey threw a tantrum and walked off the set because he thought Bugs was upstaging him. There are also rumors of a love triangle involving a certain female mouse but I won't get into the sordid details of that one. But obviously Mickey has a lot of pull with the company so I'm pretty sure Bugs is still persona non grata around there.

9. Pfluegermeister

Jun 30, 2003
    In all seriousness, I have to wonder exactly what it would take to achieve a project like Roger Rabbit again, where cartoon characters from multiple franchises cross over and interact. I'd like to think it's perfectly possible that the studios would think it's in everyone's best public and business interests to cooperate on something like that, and not be too obstructive or stingy with their characters. But modern times have scarcely impressed me yet, and I have a hard time imagining that it could happen now.

10. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    Or live action characters for that matter. The last time I can think of anything like that happening was in 1998, when Miramax let Universal use the character of Ray Nicolette so that Michael Keaton could play the role in both Jackie Brown and Out of Sight. Tarantino claims he insisted that the Weinsteins let them use the character for free. If a situation like that has occurred since then, I'm unaware of it. I know Roger Rabbit 2 is in development though, so I guess it's possible they can pull that off again.

11. Pfluegermeister

Jun 30, 2003
    That's been in development for years now, even decades. I won't hold my breath to see it. I'm not even sure there's sufficient story possibilities for a sequel in any case.

Mystery_Roach likes this.
  12. pete brock

pete brock Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2016
    STILL MEXICO???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.