main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Show idea, would you watch?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Odolwa, Nov 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Odolwa

Odolwa Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 12, 2013
    If they made a show similar to Game of thrones, But was based on sith, maybe like The lost tribe of the sith, Minus the nude scenes every 2 minutes, Would you watch?
    PS sorry if i posted this in wrong section

2. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Perhaps with the Lost Tribe—preferably as portrayed by JJ Miller rather than Christie Golden—but I think the more interesting choice for such a premise would be the likes of the Sith who came to power during the New Sith Wars as seen in the Knight Errant series. Larger, bolder characters like Lords Odion, Daiman, Xelian, and Bactra, who each show a vastly alternative view of what it means to be Sith, while maintaining and lording over their own kingdoms carved from sections of the galaxy. The dynastic and warlord nature of the Sith during the era would lend itself well, in my opinion, to something like a Game of Thrones setup, with other galactic states like the Republic, the Mandalorians, and the Hutts acting as additional outside powers to be used as occasional enemies, rogues, and allies.

If they make a TV series like that, then hell yeah I'd watch.

3. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Minus the nude scenes, but with the flying intestines?

4. Odolwa

Nov 12, 2013
    Of course

5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'd watch it with the nude scenes and without the flying intestines.

And JackG .

6. Jedi Jaunter

Jedi Jaunter Jedi Youngling

Nov 13, 2013
    If they would make a series about the senate janitors i would still watch it.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  7. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    [​IMG]

Paparazzo likes this.
  8. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    I'd watch it for sure.

9. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Hell yeah, a DOTJ/TOTJ/KOTOR-era show is my top preference...add a focus on Sith and you're right on the money for me.

10. Paparazzo

Paparazzo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2011
    I think a Star Wars-esque Game of Thrones would be great. I'd watch it.

Imagine all of the different groups who'd be fighting one another. :p

11. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I'd love to see Vitiate's Empire vs. the Brotherhood of the Sith.

12. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Probably not. I don't watch/read GoT and a show just about Sith.. meh.

13. Odolwa

Nov 12, 2013
    Sith would work the best for a GoT type show, if you watched or read it. You should check it out if you get bored :p

14. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    I'll pass, thanks.

15. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    All jokes aside, I tried to watch GoT and could not get into it.

16. Odolwa

Nov 12, 2013
    ya, was hard for me too until 2nd season or so. Takes some time haha

17. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I'd like to see a Sith conflict with the Jedi depicted in film or television, taking place long before the events of the current films, but I don't know that I would care for the Sith to be the focal point for the show, nor would I care to see a Star Wars show imitate Game of Throne's abundance of characters nor really go out of its way to imitate Game of Thrones. GoT is a great show IMO, but so are Breaking Bad, Walking Dead, Sopranos, Battlestar Galactica, Rome, etc. All shows that really carve out their own audience and find their own voice. I wouldn't want Star Wars to rip off Game of Thrones just as a shortcut to mooch off its success.

The consistent thing that I had hoped for throughout TCW that I never really got and hope to see in a future Star Wars show is a tighter link between politics and action (show consequences for political actions, don't just talk about it).

The politics of the Star Wars universe have been depicted very, very poorly IMO when it comes to TV and film. Yet rather than avoid the politics of the Star Wars universe as I've seen some critics wish for, I see a lot of potential there for interesting stories were there a capable writer that didn't write about poisoned tea or pregnant Amidala going through a test of physical strength in order to get a treaty ending the war signed (thank God Lucas shot that idea down).

18. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Jabba's Palace Slave Girls Got Talent. The only Judge is Jabba and him "hitting his X" is them being dumped into the rancor pit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.