main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm not a clone fanatic but I love me some Rex. I think I initially rated those episodes so highly because of his leveling the blaster at Krell and saying "I'm no Jedi."

Darth Kickass likes this.
  2. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    I agree that they should have devoted more time to other Council Masters like Saesee Tiin, who was known to be an excellent pilot, but only really showed up piloting his starfighter during the Battle of Lola Sayu, as I recall. It certainly couldn't hurt to spend a little more time fleshing out characters like Tiin and give them more personalities so that they wouldn't appear so much like Jedi redshirts simply there to be slaughtered by Sidious in the RotS duel.

OTOH, I thought the Umbara arc was one of TCW's best arcs in terms of technical presentation (excellent scenery and a great space battle, like Sable_Hart said) and narrative. It was one of those arcs that really developed the personalities of the clones, such as Captain Rex, and made them appear more distinctive, with personalities and even the ability to question the intentions of their commanders, rather than the fleshy automatons pretty much programmed to follow orders that appeared in the prequels. Carnage of Krell provided nice foreshadowing to Order 66, and for the entirety of the arc Rex was developed very well, but the ambiguity in his actions at the end leaves his ultimate fate open to interpretation; after seeing Jedi like Krell go bad, is he going to remain at Skywalker's side after Order 66 goes down, becoming part of Vader's Fist? Or have his experiences given him enough doubt that he would defect, and/or refuse to kill Jedi? Furthermore, I thought Umbara was one of the best arcs to show the harsh realities of war, since the forces on both sides were largely organic, so we saw firsthand the loss of life on both sides and the toll the war has taken. Especially the scene where the clones end up fighting each other thanks to Krell's betrayal.

R.I.P. Waxer :_|

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  3. Darth Kickass

Darth Kickass Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2013
    Well that is something we can agree on, but some people seem to think all of THIS would be possible without him, and that I cannot agree on. Sorry if I misconstrued your comments as being of that ilk. May the Force be with you my friend.

4. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    CT-867-5309 : is it just me or is Krell another C'baoth? :p

I went back and forth between admiring his no bull**** attitude and hating him, with little middle ground.

As far as Rex, I didn't take his willingness to stand up for his fellow clones against Krell as any indication of what he might do in Order 66. He could easily see the Empire as a way to end the war, as many Senators did. He could be loyal enough to Anakin to join Vader's Fist.

5. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    Just finished the Kadavo arc, which is another great one.

6. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I don't remember exactly how long it took me to make this:

[​IMG]

But when I decide my free time is best spent making a GIF to how much I hate WAC (and Gascon and this arc altogether), you know my feelings towards TCW took a major turn for the worse in S5.

7. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    The more I think about it, the more I look forward to watching that one again just to see how well I can MST it. :p

8. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003

I just wished that after all of D-squad's "heroics," that Anakin would pull a Lloyd Christmas on Gascon and WAC.

Would have redeemed everything for me.

9. Darth Kickass

Aug 3, 2013
    I dunno AF, there's not a whole lot I wouldn't watch if the money was right.;)

10. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    LOL, I'm not sure there's enough alcohol anywhere to keep that episode from being sheer torture.

So...torture for money? :p

And my kids would have to be out of the house while I weave a tapestry of obscenity large enough to cover the Southeast.

I'm debating Shades of Reason with the rest of the Mauldelore arc, as it has a similar effect on me, and I think my entire review would consist of "STFU Satine."

11. Sable_Hart

Nov 28, 2009
    Figured I'd knock out the rest of that particular disc by watching "Friend in Need" and I remember now why I forgot it. It's not a good episode at all; Vizsla clearly went off the deep end. Must EVERY TCW villain twirl his mustache?

12. Darth Kickass

Aug 3, 2013
    Yeah the role of Satine always seemed kind of forced to me. I'm definitely not one of those who got bent out of shape by the way the Mandalorians were portrayed in TCW, as I never read any of the EU material that dealt with Mandalore, but her character just seemed out of place somehow. Obi-Wan's relationship with her was confusing as well, since I never imagined him ever having doubts about his role within the Jedi Order.

13. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm fine with her having had a relationship with Obi-Wan. I figured him never having a girlfriend would be a huge ****ing waste. I didn't get upset about pacifist Mandalorians either.

Satine being a whiny squealing wuss in that episode, left me screaming at my TV though.

Sable_Hart likes this.
  14. Sable_Hart

Nov 28, 2009
    Didn't mind Satine being a hopelessly naive idealist. When I singlehandedly conquer Disney and rewrite TCW, my revamped Mauldalore arc will address the wonderful hypocrisy of her actions and policies.

That's part of the reason I love the prequels so much. The good guys are so deliciously flawed.

15. Darth Kickass

Aug 3, 2013
    The fact Obi-Wan did have a previous relationship with Satine that made him consider leaving the Order did make her death in "The Lawless" much more significant. I felt that served to delineate Obi's character from Anakin's when it came to personal attachment. Even though I expected Obi's reaction to her death, to see him just "move on" was still somewhat unsettling, knowing how strongly he felt about her. Call me a softy.[face_blush]

cwustudent and Circular Logic like this.
  16. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    I don't like the "I would've left the Order for you" line either. That's just not Obi-Wan IMO. Some hesitation is fine, but I don't see him going to that extent.

Valairy Scot likes this.
  17. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    I think you're mixing up the Umbara arc with the Zygerrian arc because he said that line before killing the warden with an electrostaff in 'Escape From Kadavo'. I don't recall he ever said that in the Umbara arc.

18. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Darth Kickass : I was fine with Obi-Wan's ability to move on, in fact I find it admirable. It's certainly a more pragmatic solution than the way many of us handle loss.

Nexumaster : I've only seen each of those arcs once. And you were right, that line wasn't on Umbara. My bad. [face_blush]

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  19. Darth Kickass

Aug 3, 2013
    Agreed.:)

20. Sable_Hart

Nov 28, 2009
    Rewatched "The Lawless" and nearly wept openly over the fight scene in Blu-ray. Truly no one can match the effortless majesty of His Imperial Majesty. ^:)^

21. Darth Kickass

Aug 3, 2013
    Yeah seeing Sidious "in the flesh" was definitely a treat. I really did respect DF's decision to keep his appearances limited, much like was done in the films.

22. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I love the Star Trek vibe of Trespass, it's probably the main reason I love the episode so much. [face_love]

23. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    What actually was the cause of the vibe? I just never noticed it...

24. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    The part that really gets me in "The Lawless" is Savage's demise. Its just so sad. Still doesn't fully top Waxer for me though, whose death depressed me for a short time.

I've been rewatching episodes as they air on Toonami. So far not a one has been skipped. Defenders of Peace aired Saturday night.

25. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    The Lawless was, hands down, the best of season 5. And Savage's death was very well done.