main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Raise Hell, Praise Dale - NASCAR/North American Racing Series Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by MariahJade2, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Can't say I'm surprised by that. A lot of non - NASCAR fans use that 'logic' when trying to disqualify it as a sport. Disappointed, but sadly not surprised.

2. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost star 6

Dec 26, 2001
    What's surprising to me is him throwing out his ignorant opinion on a show where he's paid to act like he knows what he's talking about when he clearly doesn't. :p

My question is, what's McNabb's stance on Soda Cookies?

[​IMG]

3. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Yum. Soda Cookies. Want one Jenson? Never get tired of that commercial.
    I know I wouldn't want to drive at Dega, Daytona, Bristol, the road courses, Darlington, etc for 3+ hours with 42 other cars on my tail. I'd still like to do a lap or 2 but no way am I doing a whole race.

4. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    McNabb is seeking headlines. Fox Sports 1 has been a dud so far, exactly as the NBC Sports Network was. They'll be featuring hunting shows and Slap chop infomercials opposite Sportscenter by this time next year.

Of course its a sport, and of course they are athletes- there is zero credibility in the argument for the other side.

Juliet316 likes this.
  5. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Or wall - to - wall UFC which is their biggest brand by far thus far.

6. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Dec 26, 2001
    McNabb's response from Twitter: "Glad to see that you are watching @FOXSportsLive. If you have any questions to what I said, look up the word and you will have your answer."

And Google tells me the word Althlete means: "a person who is proficient in sports and other forms of physical exercise."

You're right, that's not Jimmie at all.

[​IMG]

Juliet316 likes this.
  7. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    It's kind of funny that you posted that pic, because IMO Tony Stewart looked to be the trimmest and most inshape he'd been in a while before he broke his leg.

8. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Dec 26, 2001
    Tony is always the anomaly in this debate because he usually doesn't look to be in the best shape, yet he's always one of the toughest guys out there in terms of endurance.

You're right though, he was looking good and the interviews I've seen of him since the accident he seems even trimmer. I think he's going to be a big threat next year, provided they figure out what's going on with Addington. Rumor is he won't be back next year.

Juliet316 likes this.
  9. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    It really was a tough deal for Stewart, as he seemed to be in the thick of the Chase when he got hurt. Hopefully next year is a better year for him.

10. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Cowboy Hat the Elder won the Nationwide title without winning a race and is proud of it.

11. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    The current state of the Nationwide Series is so weird. The winners this season:

Sprint Cup Drivers:
    Kylie Busch: 12
    Brad Keselowski: 7
    Joey Logano: 2
    Matt Kenseth: 2
    AJ Allmendinger: 3
    Tony Stewart: 1
    Kevin Harvick: 1

--

Nationwide Drivers:
    Regan Smith: 2
    Sam Hornish: 1
    Trevor Bayne: 1

--

CWT Drivers:
    Ryan Blaney: 1

I know it's not likely to change, but it's bizarre to have a points race for this series.

12. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Bump Bayne down to Nationwide. Didn't run for points in Cup.

13. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Interesting, I had no idea.

14. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I thought that was last year and he was running full - time for points this year?

15. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Bayne no points for Cup in part time effort.
    Points for NNS this year. Bayne finishs 6th in points in Nationwide this year. Full season.
    http://racing-reference.info/drivdet/baynetr01/2013/B
    http://racing-reference.info/drivdet/baynetr01/2013/W

16. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Thanks. For some reason I thought Bayne was running the Cup full - time this year (As you can probably tell, I don't keep up with Nationwide was much as I probably should)

17. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Welcome. No particular reason to keep up on it. Kyle or Brad won 2/3rds of the races.

heels1785 likes this.
  18. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Dec 26, 2001
    So how about that caution that should have been a red flag? A lot of people seem to think that hurt Hornish because more people may have passed Dillion on those old tires with more laps.

19. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Six titles for JJ. Well done, sir, a true legend of the sport.

20. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Congrats JJ!
    Will Matt Kenseth have the 2nd place curse next year?

21. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Dec 26, 2001
    MY BOY

Good race too, I was really rooting for Jr at the end but he just couldn't get by Kenseth.

Also, this:
    [​IMG]

22. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Yes, make sure the tire is out of the way, but don't check to see if the driver made it out of the burning car.:rolleyes:

23. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Dec 26, 2001
    The car shouldn't have come anywhere near the pits. It should have been stopped on the apron and Menard should have gotten out and let the fire crews take it form there. I don't know if Slugger was calling him to the pits or not, but either way it was the wrong move.

Props to the pit crew though. If the tire had blown in my face I'd end up on the ground crying. :p

24. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  25. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    NASCAR starts up again this month!

Juliet316 likes this.