main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Half a century later there (still) was a conspiracy in the JFK assassination

Discussion in 'Community' started by Kiki-Gonn, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Should've just refired the bullet to find Clay Shaw's fingerprints on it.

2. Condition2SQ

Condition2SQ Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Well, I should clarify, I didn't mean that one specific incident alone firmly establishes Oswald's guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. I was just using it as an example of the many, many incriminating things Oswald did after the President was shot. For each one individually, yes, you might come up with some sort of benign, exculpatory rationale. But for all of them in the aggregate the task is impossible.

3. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I'm kind of wondering why you're dwelling on his cab driver and not the whole killing a police officer thing. :p

4. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Well, to be fair on that one there's some theorists who say Oswald didn't kill Tippit, either :p :p

5. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    In particular the case on Oswald vs. Tippit seems to rest at least partially on visual identification evidence, which, as said, is problematic. Harder to explain or impugn are the four shell casings found that are said to match the revolver found on Oswald at the theatre, but that's another story.

6. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
  7. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    I'm more partial to the theory that Kennedy was shot by plum-colored hairpiece acting of its own volition. I call it the single wig theory.

Katana_Geldar likes this.
  8. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I thought it was established by David Duchovny that male models assassinated JFK?

9. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    You're all yet to grasp the real truth: Kennedy isn't dead.

10. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    But why male models?

11. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    For my part, look at the Zapruder footage again: it's clear Jackie Kennedy was a Scanner and finally decided she'd had enough of her husband's bed-hopping ways.

12. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    Well, all joking aside, I do really like seeing these different sides of people. You guys never cease to surprise me with your different interests. I'm pleasantly surprised by this passion of Kiki's. He has a case he wanted to make, and I'd like to see him finish.

13. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008

14. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I don't think there was a major international or government body conspiracy to have JFK killed, but the unanswered questions were always going to lead to wild theories being thrown around.

I'm not that up on the whole thing, but I find the incompetence of so many involved to really be staggering. I can understand having the open-top car thing in those days, but not covering all the surrounding buildings?
    LHO getting killed seems so ridiculous, surely the guy would have had so much security around him from all sides, yet some guy can just get right up to him and shoot him? Plus the whole thing was on TV
    His death does seem like it was done to stop him talking, and that seems to be where much of the conspiracy stuff comes from. Who else was involved besides LHO? Did Jack Ruby know about it?

There do also seem to have been departmental cover-ups to ensure certain people didn't lose their jobs because of the failures in keeping the President safe. But that's not say they were involved in his killing.

But we will most likely never know most of these things for certain, and I don't think it matters anymore.

Darth_Invidious and Kiki-Gonn like this.
  15. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I think people had gotten complacent. There had not been a Presidential assassination since McKinley, and with all three prior assassinations, the shooter walked right up to the President and fired. Secret Service knew that couldn't happen and I guess the idea of a sharpshooter in a surrounding building didn't occur to them. Plus I think Kennedy wanted the open motorcade.

As far as Oswald, they were transporting him on live TV, which is even weirder that Ruby was able to get that close.

16. Skywalker8921

Skywalker8921 Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 9, 2011
    Good points. There may have been some people where were old enough to remember McKinley, but most citizens probably were younger than 60. It was 16 years between Lincoln and Garfield and 20 between Garfield and McKinley, and people tend to have short memories, so it's not really surprising that complacency set in in the years between McKinley and Kennedy. According to WIkipedia, though I tend to take it with a grain of salt at times, the Secret Service didn't start providing protection for Presidents until after McKinley's assassination. As for the motorcade, I think it was raining in Fort Worth when the Kennedys left that morning, but by the time they reached Dallas the weather had cleared. Manchester said that Mrs. Kennedy had hoped to have the top on the car, but the President didn't want it.

17. Skywalker8921

Skywalker8921 Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 9, 2011
    Re: covering the surrounding buildings -

I've heard it said that even with the Secret Service agents and the Dallas PD officers present, there weren't enough men to cover all the buildings. Probably wouldn't have been even if Washington had sent out more Service and FBI men or the PDs of towns and cities near Dallas offered to help. Put simply, I don't think more men covering the surrounding buildings would have been enough; Oswald still could have slipped through regardless.

18. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I think what would happen now, besides the President not being allowed to ride with the top down, is that no one would be allowed inside the buildings along the route. Obama rides in a car with four layers of bulletproof glass and has to take a 15-car entourage just to watch his daughter play soccer. The effort to clear every single person out of a several-mile radius when he came to Charlotte for the DNC was incredible. No flights were allowed in the air space surrounding Charlotte/Douglas Airport for two hours before and after Air Force One was scheduled to land, and there were snipers on all the rooftops of uptown buildings.

The night Lincoln was shot, the one person assigned to guard his box at Ford's Theater, had left his post to go get a drink.

19. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    I don't know about complacentcy. There were attempts on both FDR and Truman. Not just run of the mill attempts either. The mayor of Chicago died from a bullet and he was standing right next to Roosevelt and 3 Secret Set ice agents were shot (and one died) during the attempt on Truman.

20. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Are you serious? I just told you that a moment ago.

21. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    Been out with the kids all day, and yes that included driving by the grassy knoll and through Oswald's neighborhood/where JDT was killed.
    Seriously, the latter was accidental; we went to the Bishop Arts district and it happens to be there. I saw the street signs and said, "Holy $&6&"

Complacency- let me update everyone. JFK's Motorcade in Chicago was cancelled due to security concerns. The Miami PD radically increased their protection and changed their plans after that pesky little wiretap conversation where a right wing extremist said...
    1. There's a plan in the works to kill JFK
    2. It would be from an office building with a high powered rifle
    3. They would arrest someone within hours to throw the public off.

You can see a Miami PD officer tell this story on video for yourself. You can also look up the arrest of the man from Chicago. You know, the EX MARINE WITH A JOB OVERLOOKING THE PARADE ROUTE WHO TOOK A RIFLE TO WORK. Even Gerald Posner, the most successful lone gunman author of all time verifies that story.
    Oh yeah, he left it out of his book though :)

Let's be clear, Im bringing this up in regard to the complacency angle. If you think the extremist who amazingly PREDICTED the manner of the assassination and coverup, fine. Maybe he just got lucky.
    If you think the Oswald starter kit in Chicago is pure coincidence (LOL), fine.

But it's obvious complacency was off the table.

Hey, want to see a Secret Service man in Dallas try to do his job and protect JFK, only to be stunned by his boss calling him off?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

22. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    Pfft, everyone knows about that bullet. I'll take bullets fired through real flesh and blood over pretend, from the actual murder weapon itself no less, any day of the week.

That experiment is, however, the best the lone gunman side has been able to do in 50 years.
    Problems would include that the magic bullet exited Connally's body by shattering his rib.

Did that experiment show a bullet can have enough speed to do that AND then do said damage to a wrist? It's been awhile but I don't recall so.
    Did that experiment show a bullet could have passed through Connally's torso after entering sideways (as the LG theory says it did)?

We haven't even gotten to the best part of the old MB, been saving that for last.

23. duende

duende Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 28, 2006

Kiki-Gonn likes this.
  24. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    Just so we can know as readers, will you wrap things up with a piece de resistance that lays out your own personal theory for who/what happened?

25. duende

duende Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 28, 2006
    yes, tell us who happened. and also what happened.