main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Books Comics A/V One Sentence or Less -- ANDOR (SEASON 1)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CooperTFN, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Parnesius

Parnesius Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 8, 2012
    The Jedi and assorted hangers-on fight a ridiculously brutal guerrilla war against Abeloth and the Sith for control of the Galactic Alliance while Jagged and Daala contest a comparatively civilised general election for the leadership of the Imperial Remnant.

CooperTFN likes this.
  2. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Man, with Apocalypse now the focus this thread is well....

Our shields can't possibly handle this level of snark!
    Intensify forward firepower!
    TOO LATE!

3. Reveen

Reveen Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 4, 2012
    Millions of civilians dying in explosions, hundreds of soldiers and Jedi being ripped apart by Sith, hmmm, baby Barabels going to be killed OH SITH WE GOTTA DO SOMETHING GET IN THE FALCON.

DarthRelaxus likes this.
  4. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012

5. Master Corran Horn

Master Corran Horn Jedi Master star 1

Mar 13, 2005
    The one that's supposed to resolve a bunch of stuff but ends up creating a bunch of new crap for no reason at all...just like Ben and Vestara's relationship.

DarthRelaxus likes this.
  6. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011
    Del Rey proves once again that they have no idea what they're doing.

GrandMasterKatarn likes this.
  7. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    The highest Sith-kill-to-page ratio in the entire franchise, proving that if doing it a couple times isn't exciting, you should do it seven hundred times instead.

8. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Saba killing a Force God, Killiks providing crucial exposition, Squibs acting Squibish, and a random forced cameo from the One Sith- definitely a Denning book.

9. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    And then Tekli and Lowie providing the exact same exposition for an entire chapter later on in the book. The chapter so nice, he wrote it twice!

10. DarthRelaxus

DarthRelaxus Chosen One star 5

Apr 23, 2007
    In a horrific turn of events, the Jedi become serial killers; in an even more horrific turn of events....WHY THE **** IS DAALA STILL ALIVE?

11. CommanderDrenn

CommanderDrenn Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 19, 2013
    A book that had its good moments, but gave you no resolution at all.

12. Jags_Scoundrel

Jags_Scoundrel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2003
    The Sith cause unimaginable death and destruction on Coruscant, the Jedi are hiding in the Transitory Mists because the GFFA blames them for letting it happen, Abeloth is sort of defeated (for now)... but, hey, there's a wedding, so that counts as a happy ending, right?

Revanfan1 likes this.
  13. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    Oh my god, is this real? I am loling so hard rn. It's like a villain plot from a Saturday morning cartoon.

tjace, RC-1991 and Revanfan1 like this.
  14. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    It happened. For realsies.

15. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    New best SW book.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  16. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    It reminds me of something that'd happen on G.I. Joe. With, of course, Tomax and Xamot being the news anchors.

17. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Yeah. It basically pops up overnight and everyone is like, "Oh, look at this cool new news channel, let's watch this all the time!" And all the anchors are Sith and it's ridiculous hard-core insane propaganda about the Jedi being spice smugglers and Jesus you guys this book could not be worse if it tried.

lbr789, Grey1, RC-1991 and 2 others like this.
  18. LightsaberAccident

LightsaberAccident Jedi Padawan star 1

Aug 26, 2013
    The Book Where We Still Don't Find Out Exactly Where Abeloth Originated From

19. Parnesius

Parnesius Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 8, 2012
    The Lost Tribe of the Sith would fit pretty much perfectly into Drop the Dead Donkey. The obsession with beauty, utter ruthlessness, superficiality, bitter rivalries, scheming one's way up the ladder, constant humiliating failure...it's perfect. The Lost Tribe are far more suited to this than galactic conquest.

Actually...I kind of hope someone finds them a quiet little nook somewhere and Evil Sith News remains a small part of the Star Wars universe. If only for the possibility of seeing Sith Gus Hedges.

Revanfan1 and Gorefiend like this.
  20. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Yeah, the GFFA could really use a Fox News equivalent.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  21. patchworkz7

patchworkz7 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 26, 2004
    I don't have anything to add other than DROP THE DEAD DONKEY was brilliant.

And I'm to assume that Sith News is basically Fox news in the GFFA?

22. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Joke stealer you is. Tremble before my ninja skills.

23. werpudel

werpudel Jedi Master star 2

Dec 4, 2008
  24. The Compeer

The Compeer Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 12, 2013
    The thing I find really odious about the spice accusations is that they're basically an admission that the writers can't come up with more legitimate (or legitimate-sounding) charges to slime the Jedi with, which is hilariously depressing when you consider they just overthrew the government maybe two weeks earlier. I mean, that's not just an indication that the writers (or Denning, at least) don't see that as morally wrong, but they can't even imagine it being portrayed in-universe as such. Thank god Denning's busy writing sci-fi/fantasy, because I shudder to imagine what him doing a Clancy-style political thriller would look like.

25. Shadow Trooper

Shadow Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2013
    Abeloth and her sith minions, Boba Fett, Admiral Dalaa, the Killiks, Darth Krayt and the Mortis Trio all shoehorned into one story together make this book the true end of times crushing all hope of quality post NJO stories.

GrandMasterKatarn likes this.