main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "You think you're the only superhero in the world?" - The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Apr 26, 2010.

1. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    They didn't really set up Red Skull as THE villain, so it'll be interesting to see what they do.

2. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Yeah if these movies remain consistently successful (which at this point seems to be the case) the CA franchise in itself can get away with whatever obscure villains they would need.

3. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
  4. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Juliet316 likes this.
  5. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I'd like a good version (keep in mind I haven't seen the D.C. yet) of Daredevil please and thank you.

6. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    Speaking of the first Daredevil movie, last week's episode of How Did This Get Made? was all about it. Ed Brubaker was even the guest! Very funny and very informative.

7. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    Hell yes!!!

Language Warning:

Please let the rights revert back to Marvel!

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  8. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    When do they revert back? The release date was only pushed back 3 months which seems doable.

9. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    It was only delayed because of other schedule changes in Fox's 2014/2015 lineup (also, they may potentially have more confidence in the project as it develops, thus feeling it could support a summer release instead of spring). One film from late '14 got bumped to Mar '15, which pushed FF from Mar to June and Assassin's Creed to Aug. ID4 2 also got bumped back to Jul '16 but I don't think that was directly related to the other shcedule changes and more due to development timeframes (they were already wobbley on a '15 or '16 release range) and intense competition from the already packed lineup (T5 in particular for the date in question, but also lingering effects of Jurassic World, amongst others).

I don't think they revert back anytime soon- it took 7-10 years for the Daredevil rights to revert back (depending on if Elektra counts or not), 8-9 years for Blade & 2 years for Punisher and Ghost Rider (but I think the latter two were surrendered by the studios, not elapsed contracts).

It's been 6 since FF2. Assuming production starts on the reboot sometime next year, I don't think they're in danger of reverting. Especially with Fox supposedly gun-ho on unifying their remaining Marvel properties under Millar (MXU? ...MFU? [face_laugh]).

10. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    You're irked that he said he would do it if they "made" him, but that he'd rather not and would rather focus on projects he's interested in? What.

11. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    I was just reading that Nick Offerman tried out for the original X-Men Wolverine role. Made it to video reads. I need to see this.

[​IMG]

12. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    He just didn't really specify why he didn't enjoy doing the movie. He seemed like he was having a fun time.

13. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Twilight scribe to pen and exec. produce Jessica Jones.

Though that may seem bad on the surface, Melissa Rosenberg was actually the one developing the series when it was first proposed 3 years ago for ABC, so she at least seems invested in it/familiar with the property.

She's also written episodes for Dexter, Birds of Prey, Hercules, Dark Skies & The Outer Limits

14. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    Oh good, she wrote for the good seasons of Dexter. That inspires some confidence, at least.

15. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    On the other hand, Twilight. And her last series was the awful Red Widow.

16. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    But Twilight is really funny!

17. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
  18. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Red Skull will return as Dormammu! Transformed by the Tesseract!

19. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Maybe Red Skull was transported into Loki's body? Stupider things have been done.

20. Yeade

Yeade Jedi Grand Master star 1

Aug 27, 2003
    Apologies for the deja vu! This is actually the second time I've posted the below today. GrandAdmiralJello was kind enough to delete my first attempt so I could be a perfectionist freak. When I originally wrote this, I thought I'd be able to edit it later, adding the latest parts as I finish writing them. Turns out that's not an option. While most everything's the same as before, I've included a new reddit link for the WIP essay series that will be continually updated and can be checked if, in the future, there are broken links due to organizational shuffling.

I wrote yet more meta on the MCU for my Tumblr that I thought I'd share, if anyone's interested.

First, a standalone piece discussing how SHIELD's existence, shady espionage tactics and all, may be justified by the very fact that superpowers are achievable. While it's tempting to draw parallels between SHIELD's actions and such modern day controversies as national security, privacy and surveillance, or terrorism, I think these comparisons are ultimately lacking in context because Captain America and the Red Skull have no historical basis in real life.

The Foundation of SHIELD
    Second, an ongoing series analyzing the known sources of superpowers in the MCU. Handwavy pseudoscience ahoy!

SHIELD To-Do List, Section II: Superpower Nonproliferation
    A. The Supersoldier Serum (Completed 10/29/13)
    B. Advanced Earth Technology: The Arc Reactor, Gravitonium ...And The Rest (Completed 11/5/13, Revisions Pending)
    C. Extremis (Completed 11/13/13)
    D. General Alien Technology: Asgard, Svartalfheim, the Chitauri, etc.
    E. The Infinity Stones: The Tesseract, the Aether et al.

My hope's to keep this catalog updated as new canon is revealed. The next installment probably won't be posted until mid-December at the earliest, though, to give me a chance to see and digest Thor: The Dark World. I worked pretty hard on all this, so any feedback would be much appreciated.

bstnsx704 likes this.
  21. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    *imagines Marvel/Disney signing an agreement with Dark Horse Comics to reboot The Mask into the MCU*

[​IMG]

22. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    He's actually having tea with Irina Spalko in another dimension.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Disintegrating space portals suck.

23. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I think they left it very open ended with the Red Skull so they could bring him back easy enough... :p

24. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Maybe he's hanging out with Mulder's sister?

Juliet316 likes this.
  25. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002