main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Walking Dead and Spinoffs on AMC

Discussion in 'Community' started by EmpireForever, Jun 11, 2010.

1. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Phew, I thought I was the only one who didn't like it. Apart from the final scene in the pit.

2. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005

I've really, really enjoyed this season so far, but that episode was a real kick in the teeth.

3. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    It was just so, so dull

4. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    By all means, explore the Governor's tale, but not in one episode. It is possible to have have two stories in one episode

5. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    I thought this was one of the better episodes so far. It had the same feel that the comics do, and it pulled it off successfully while taking one of their characters into a totally different direction. I used to be a bit pissed that tv governor was so different from comic one, but this was worth it.

WD is about people, which mostly involves lots of talking scenes and not a ton of action. That's what makes the comics awesome, and that's what this ep. had and has so far been the first to do it. The writing this season has been way better than the past, so I'm pretty happy with them.

RC-1991, Rosslcopter and Darth-Lando like this.
  6. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    I totally agree that it's about people. This is the only zombie story I've been remotely interested in. But it needs a balance. Watching the series as a whole will probably alter my opinion, but as a week to week effort, it was dull

7. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I thought last nights episode was pretty good, a nice look into what the Governor was like when we was putting together his group and town. I do think that even with the family he is protecting there is no changing a man that mentally gone. The family does one thing and one thing only, it gives him motivation to move on. He looked like he really didn't give a crap what happened to him before he saw the kid in the window. Was I the only one waiting for him to steal that little girl and kill the rest of the family? If he can't have Penny he would make this girl into Penny kind of thing?

Edit: Where do you all think the end of the season takes us? Do you think they go north like in the comics? I think next season takes this show into a whole different direction because it might be too expensive to move the show at this point.

8. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    I got a different vibe, the thought of him stealing the girl did cross my mind but I got more of the impression that they were showing there was two sides to him. I don't think he's past redemption though and honestly, after this episode he's one of my more favorite characters now. We'll see I suppose. Although honestly I can't recall the last time there was a villain that villainous who then turned around and had the potential to survive as a "good" guy in a believable way. There's a lot of potential they can work with. Maybe it's just wishful thinking for me.

This season should probably end with them leaving the prison, which is pretty inevitable. I am wondering though who they're going to kill off and who will live.

9. EvilQ

EvilQ Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 8, 2013
    Who else here starts subconsciously singing "La-bibbida-bibba-dum" to himself/herself every time the Gov makes an appearance?

It's infectious.

10. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Preview for next week's episode:

11. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost star 6

Dec 26, 2001
    I only saw that yesterday for the first time, but I will from now on.

12. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I don't know what's with the haters: I'd watch a show just about the Governor every week. Loved this episode. I definitely thought he might kill the family and take the girl and he still may find a way to try. But I think all facets of his personality were evident in the episode. IMHO that complexity and intelligence in a character made season 3 the best one so far, so I'm excited to see where he'll fit into this season. Though also pretty sure he won't make it out of it alive. Which is too bad.

Bib Fartuna and Sith-Lord-Gunray like this.
  13. The_Forgotten_Jedi

The_Forgotten_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2010
    It has been announced that Andrew J. West will be joining the cast in the second half of the season as a recurring character named "Gareth", with the possibility of becoming a main character in Season 5. Apparently this character is a "remix" of a character in the comics. Given how late this has been announced and their shooting schedule, along with my guesses on where the series is going, I wonder if he could be Aaron showing up in the last 1 or 2 episodes of the season?

I also noticed from the previews that Kirk Acevedo is going to be in the next episode. I'm a fan of his, so hopefully he has better luck on the Walking Dead than poor Agent Charlie did on Fringe.

14. Bib Fartuna

Bib Fartuna Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    I wish their was an English character, just so I could hear ... "Hello Guvna!"

JangoMike likes this.
  15. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Maybe if they do the
    Rick dreams that everything was the work of Aliens angle from the comics.
    Andrew Lincoln, David Morrisey and Lauren Cohan can all do their normal British accents for it.

16. Bib Fartuna

Bib Fartuna Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    I just have to say that Lauren Cohan is VERY yummy! :)

17. The_Forgotten_Jedi

May 12, 2010
    [face_laugh]

They should totally do that as a DVD extra.

Juliet316 likes this.
  18. Rosslcopter

Rosslcopter Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
  19. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    I really like this season a lot so far.
    Just when I thought that the Governor might be redeemed, he unleashes the psycho in him again. Can't wait for next week. It's gonna be a bloodbath

20. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Whoa, we're already coming up on the mid-season finale? How time flies. Should be loads of fun. I wonder if Carol will show up at all. [face_thinking]

21. The_Forgotten_Jedi

May 12, 2010
    Man, last nights episode was intense.
    I was really sad to see Martinez go. He was a fairly complicated character IMO, and Jose Pablo Cantillo did a great job portraying him. And poor Pete. He just didn't have what it takes to be a good person while leading people in the ZA.

I'm figuring the next episode will have a lot of deaths. I'm thinking at least two main prison survivors will die if the Governor attacks the prison.
    The Prison
    • Rick: Safe, but I bet he gets injured.
    • Carl: Safe.
    • Daryl: Maybe dies. The group has a lot of heavy hitters at the moment, and while Daryl is one of my favorite characters, I'm not sure how much more can be done with him.
    • Glenn: Safe.
    • Maggie: Safe.
    • Tyreese: Safe, he hasn't been around long enough for the writers to make full use of him.
    • Sasha: Dies, due to the drama of barely surviving the sickness, only to get picked off by the Governor's attack.
    • Michonne: Safe.
    • Beth: Maybe dies. She seems to have a knack for surviving way longer than anyone expected, but I think she might take the place of another character who got killed during the prison assault in the comic.
    • Hershel: Dies, no doubt about it. His actions throughout the season have felt like his swan song to me, and his death would hurt every single member of the group.
    • Bob: Safe. The writers are going somewhere with him, so it is too soon for him to die. Unless he gets drunk during the attack and screws something important up that gets him and someone else killed.
    • Lizzie and Mika: Safe, writers obviously have plans for them.
    • Julio and Jeanette: Die. Who are they you might ask? Named redshirts who got sick but survived but are totally going to die soon anyway.
    The Governor's group:
    • The Governor: Dies. No way is he surviving the prison assault.
    • Lilly: Dies, maybe figures out what the Governor really is and kills him before somehow dying herself.
    • Tara: Lives, joins the group.
    • Meghan: Dies, too many kids right now.
    • Mitch: Dies.
    • Alisha: Maybe dies, possibly joins the group.

22. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I really don't see them killing off The Governor that quickly. They built him up way too much the past two episodes to just kill him off. This will be the analogue of the prison battle in the comics, which the first assault in the show most assuredly was not. This may be the mid-season finale, but it's only the beginning.

And lol at Julio and Jeanette. Yeah I have no idea who they are. :p

23. The_Forgotten_Jedi

May 12, 2010
    I think they might kill the Governor now. I have a feeling that the show will be moving on from the prison after this attack, maybe with the group looking for the "sanctuary" that was mentioned on the radio.

24. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Fans would go ape**** if Darryl died. I do agree we maybe heading towards the end of Hershel's story.

25. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    spoilers