main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I just find it annoying, I don't care that Jabba was being entertained, I just want the story to move forward to Han's rescue.

As far as YubNub vs the celebration, I wish ROTJ would have kept both.

2. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    So, the part of CKII patch 2.0 that I'm most excited about is achievements.

3. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    I confess to being a no-good whippersnapper here. I don't watch anything on broadcast TV :cool:

4. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    That's not fair. It'd rather watch that train a dozen times than remember that I'd ever read the DNT.

What's a TV?

Mia Mesharad and Force Smuggler like this.
  5. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    It's the thing I watch Netflix on.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  6. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    You and your fancy up-to-date shows, the finale of House was just shown here. Perfect ending, and I think this is the longest show I have watched yet from the beginning to the end live from TV.

I was 13 when it started. The first episodes were sometimes scary. I had to buy the first DVD:s from a seller that didn't check my age because for some reason they were forbidden for those under 18. During these eight years I have gone through two schools and a military service. And now it's over.

7. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Yeah, I too liked the House finale. Great show, that was.

8. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    I quit House about halfway through the 6th season, unfortunately. I've heard a lot of great things about the finale, however.

9. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    House just got so insane in the last few seasons, that I was just glad it finally ended, and it never was quite the same after they quit using those inside the body sequences after like the first season, which I honestly believe could have carried the show alongside House's amazing diagnostic abilities instead of the character driven mess it ended up being.

10. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Just got around to this - very good indeed, but probably incomprehensible to anyone not following the reboot from the start. If you have? Oh it's awesome. We may actually get as close as we'll ever get to the full story of the Time War on Saturday.

11. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    I think my one quibble is that Cass even knows the Time War is happening. One of the first things we learnt about it (in the third episode of Series 1) was that it was "invisible to lesser species, but devastating to higher forms".

Still, I suppose you could argue that it was only rendered "invisible" once it was over and the timeline normalised again.

12. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Ehhhh, timey-wimey..... That could have been perfectly accurate at the time, then history got rewritten.

It's Who - the rules are more like.... guidelines.

Very, very generous guidelines too.

13. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I don't know were to ask this question so I ask it here and hopes for an answer or a direction to were I should ask it -
    On the wookipedia page about the Kilian Rangers there is a quote at the top that hails from the Clone Wars novelization were it was a epigraph attributed to the kilian ranger Lord Gajakur Biul; my question is this: Biul's quote has nothing to do with the 'ranges (and is actually rather stupid i.m.o. and has continuity problems) so why is it posted on the 'rangers' page instead of on Biul's?

Also I don't have Clone Wars book can somebody tell me how Biul is identified as a 'ranger`

14. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Reading further into Kenobi, and am incredibly amused JJM was able to work Walrus Jabba in there. Very pleasant surprise.

CooperTFN likes this.
  15. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm still several seasons behind.

16. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005

Because Wookieepedia has grown a rather annoying habit of making sure every article has a lead-in quote, regardless of how relevant it is to the article in question. Since that's the only in-universe quote anywhere that has even the most remote connection to the Rangers, it got put there.

17. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Wait! There are Doctors after the Seventh?

On a more serious note: how many Dr. Who fans here know about Doctor Omega?

EDIT
    Aha, I see

18. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    CK2 people: the latest update of CK2Plus is brilliant -- not only does it integrate the Crusades into Plus really well, but they went all out with a new map (lots of new counties, tons of new republics in Italy) with a bunch of cultural renaming (Norman southern Italy is all Frenchified, German northern Italy is Germanic, there are Greek names for places all over including the oceans nearby, alternate Welsh/Scottish/Breton names for all of Britain... oh and Ulicus , you may be interested to note that England's name and flag will change based on who wins Stamford Bridge -- if the Saxons keep control, it'll be an appropriately Anglo-Saxon flag! )

Also, aside from awesome things like Greek names for everything (as I said), my new favorite thing... CRUSADER REPUBLICS (the Serene Doge di Genova won the crusade for Hierosolyma, so thus:)

[​IMG]

edit: Also, you may notice the beta version of the brand new, actually historically accurate Byzantine hat I'm sporting. :D

Ulicus likes this.
  19. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Sweet!!!

Still, I'm going to do this vanilla Normandy-England game, first....

20. The_Forgotten_Jedi

The_Forgotten_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2010
    So, anybody else raging / upset / horrified / pissed / excited for the next episode after tonight's Person of Interest? :_|

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  21. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    All I can say on Person of Interest is it just figures it would end up being like that.

22. The_Four_Dot_Elipsis

The_Four_Dot_Elipsis Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 3, 2005
    Cmon Johnny, uniformity or death, and usefulness to the reader be damned.

That's the creed.

jSarek likes this.
  23. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    I'm just glad it's not Fusco.

24. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    So my parents and I weren't the only one who thought it would be Fusco based on the TV spots.

25. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Creed 4 is awesome! Need to play more! [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.