main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Agents of SHIELD Discussion Thread (and Slingshot)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Sep 21, 2013.

1. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    I must really try to watch the movie ASAP

Juliet316 likes this.
  2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    So, could anyone else not tell what was in that photo?

3. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    I freeze-framed and it was just Random Asian Lady. Anyway, TRISKELION!!!!1!!

Darth-Lando likes this.
  4. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    *sighs* I got so caught up in another matter that I missed the ep altogether. Will have to try and catch it On Demand tomorrow or Thursday.

5. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Pretty good episode I guess. The shows starting to have the good personal moment that make Whedon shows work. I could still care less about the plot of each episode.

6. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    The show is really getting into its groove. I starting to remind me more and more of my favorite show, Chuck.

7. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Was I the only one bothered by the fact that S.H.I.E.L.D. apparently labels documents "in progress missions" and "redacted documents" on their servers? That seemed a bit stupid/off/ridiculous. Ridiculous even for a comic book TV show. That was something out of the original GI Joe Cartoon. I'm expecting Skye to hack a villain and have things labeled "nefarious plans", "secret hiding spot", and "the only way they could ever beat me but they'll never figure it out on their own"

8. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Deadpool would totally label his files that way. Maybe he visited The Hub right before Skye hacked their servers ;). Reorganizing all of their files /renaming all their folders for no reason is something meticulous and amusing enough for a man willing to cook enough pancakes to use as a crash pad.

[​IMG]

9. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Okay. I'm a fan of that theory

10. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Some interesting stuff.

Name drop of the Triskelion!
    Victoria Hand!
    Coulson's 'talk': Thanks May. :p
    Problem? Go find May ^:)^
    Calvary to the rescue!

Other things: Coulson realized that he keeps calling Tahiti a magical place. He paused as he was saying it. Obviously why he wanted his own file. And given the clearance, it's pretty obvious only Fury has the authority to allow access to whatever he did. Still pulling for infinity formula. But based on Clark Gregg stating we'll learn soon what happened to Coulson. I'm thinking it's the last episode before the break.

So based on May's "poor kid" and Coulson not telling Skye 'why' she was dropped off at the orphanage, I'm assuming her mother was killed. Whether or not it was by SHIELD or SHIELD arrived on sight is what remains to be seen I guess.

pronker and Juliet316 like this.
  11. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  12. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    "He's acting like a robotic version of himself."--Skye talking about Coulson

teamhansolo likes this.
  13. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I wondered how The Bus made use of landing strips. It hovers. I like that.

Juliet316 likes this.
  14. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I think that also explains the extra engines that people complained about before as well, doesn't it?

Juliet316 likes this.
  15. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Would likely do that, yep.

16. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Not to mention it kinda makes the Bus even more of an evolutionary step towards the Helicarrier.

Lazy Storm Trooper and Juliet316 like this.
  17. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    VTOL engines rock!!! :p

pronker likes this.
  18. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    "Did I fall asleep?"

teamhansolo and CooperTFN like this.
  19. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    So yeah, spoiler alert- there was basically no tie-in to Thor: TDW. Only in a tangential sort of way.

Otherwise it was a good episode. They're definitely pushing the Tahiti thing, which leads me to believe there'll be a big revelation soon.

20. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Yeah... I love Dollhouse... didn't really care for the injoke.

21. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Good spisode of a show that could be so much better then it is. I can understand playing it safe, but this monster of the week thing is just getting boring now. There is no Big bad, no stakes, and I think every character save for Smith could get blown up and I wouldn't care. There's really nothing do bring you back each week. The way I see it, Simmons should die. Cam could turn out to be gay. Smith and the hot chick should end up getting together. The wilder and more comic book crazy this show can get, the better it will be.

I do hope the show continues to do well in the ratings. It's numbers have dropped, but it's still number one in it's slot. Hopefully as with most Whedon shows, season 2 will rock the @#$^. I'm hoping we'll get some Howling Commando characters next season too.

pronker likes this.
  22. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002

There is a big bad: The Rising Tide and Centipede. There's also certain things we've only heard mentioned: Pegasus. And at least 4 characters have some backstory that has been hinted: Skye's parents, May's past, Ward's past (which we got a further glimpse of tonight) and of course Coulson's resurrection. The problem is that the show really wants to do a slow burn in developing the characters which leads to some impatience.

That said, tonight's episode was pretty good.
    I loved Coulson's comments about wishing Thor would bring the god of cleaning up their own mess with a magical broom. Also interesting that Thor isn't the only Asgardian on Earth. Even more interesting that he's just a normal warrior. I definitely expected Coulson to touch the staff. The fact that he didn't still leaves room for the LMD theorists to claim he's not the real Coulson.

23. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I did about 10 minutes in :p

24. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I'm not certain about that- though tonight's episode was better, most of the worst episodes of the show so far have been the ones dealing with the more comic book centric superhero stuff, compared to the more spy gadget/tech-centric episodes, which have generally been among the better eps.

25. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    So....

1) Hookup?
    2) Drunken bitchfest?
    3) Drunken bitchfest that will be misinterpreted as hookup thus leading to angst and drama?

I vote 3 (but would love 1)...

Healer_Leona likes this.