main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST JJ Abrams to direct Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Kuestmaster, Jan 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    It disappoints me that that"four things..." video echoes the feelings of the production team. I absolutely *loathe* that video and the feelings it stands for. Haven't read the full interview yet, but that really bummed me out.

FRAGWAGON likes this.
  2. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    I don't think he means that at all because that would mean he had absolutely zero understanding of the story the OT told. I just think this is PR savvy JJ giving sound bites for internet forum type communities who think the PT are too kid friendly.

FRAGWAGON and Diggs like this.
  3. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    He is certainly PR savvy. Not a bad thing, necessarily. Although I have a natural respect for people who go against the flow, PR and conventional wisdom be damned.

I really hated the whole stereotype of the PT belonging in some way to the younger fans. I'm in Abrams generation and I loved it as much as the originals. That bit was annoying.

4. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Not belonging, but more as in they grew up first watching the PT and are thus probably more connected to it. I didn't find anything offensive or annoying in that. No need to be so sensitive or overanalyze to such an extent, it was an okay thing to say :p

5. Darth PJ

Jul 31, 2013
    It's a generalisation to be sure, but it's probably true that Generation X (in this case the generation who first saw Star Wars in 70's/80's) probably (and naturally) gravitate more towards the OT. And I think generally speaking, most audiences under the age of 25 probably gravitate more towards the prequels. That of course doesn't mean that one has to dislike either the OT or PT... I like both but have a more emotional connection with the OT (even though I think the PT does actually do some things better).

6. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Hi, you must be new here. :)

7. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Preach, Preacher!!!

8. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    PRAISE THA LAWD

Darth PJ likes this.
  9. Mange

Mange Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2003
    I've been an OT-fan since the 80's. I did not like TPM, though I very much liked the environments. As someone wrote earlier, the frontier worlds such as Tatooine isn't everything the GFFA consists of. I absolutely loved Coruscant! It was everything I had expected... and more! AOTC is great and right up there with Empire and though it has some flaws, ROTS stands head-to-head with Empire in my book. I hope to see a blend of different environments, including Coruscant, in the ST.

10. Momotaros

Momotaros Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2013
  11. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
  12. Vastor

Vastor Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
  13. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    "Umm everything is fine in here. How are you?"

BigAl6ft6 and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  14. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    A Chorus of Disapproval Where / when did the image of JJ/Lucas/Kenedy come out (which is now handily linked from the official images thread)? Does that make that the first official image and not the picture of Artoo? Should the official image thread be modified accordingly?

(I'm asking these questions because I can't in the other thread. Halp!)

Yay Abrams!

15. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Yes. They are out of order. That will probably occur 1,000 more times once we begin being flooded with images.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  16. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    One could edit the two photos so the "Trifecta" photo is the first but, to be fair, kicking off with a photo of R2-D2 seems like more of a neat vibe to begin with. How old is that Kennedy/Lucas/Abrams photo? I can't even find it, however, tragically, I'm too lazy to look past page 1 of this thread. Also it is quite plausible that when official movie photos start being released any semblance of chronological order will collapse in on itself like a dying star becoming a black hole and the R2 photo will pop up again. I give it sometime around March 2015 till that happens.

17. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    I am attempting to recall the original date of that 'bored room' photo. R2 is definitely a better starting note for the gallery, but the other deserves its place in there. That may have been from near the end of the summer.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  18. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    It came out during Celebration, July 20th?

19. Barbecue17

Barbecue17 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 11, 2013
    I wrote this earlier this year regarding my advice to J.J. Abrams regarding Star Wars Episode VII. Granted, it's just one fan's opinion (and a slightly humorous one at that) but I'll pass it along nevertheless: http://www.thepicreview.com/2013/01/5-words-of-advice-for-jj-abrams.html

Seeing some of these pics with him sitting around with Lucas, however, really does have me super excited for Ep VII!!!

20. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I know, let's have Abrams do whatever picky fanboys decide should be done.

Maybe we could start a letter writing campaign like those Star Trek fans!

21. Darth PJ

Jul 31, 2013
    A tad subjective...

22. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    JJA is the right man for the job b'cause he already has GL's two main directorial imperatives down pat: faster + more intense :p

23. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    For "a tad subjective" substitute "same old tired boring sad reheated fan whining BS complaints that have no relevance outside of chest pounding posturing comic book shop arguments" ;)

24. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Speaking of getting an idea from watching a video...

25. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    I would love to know what this means. Specifically, I love to know what the base rate here is—that is, on how many "making of"videos do we see anyone ever giving any director negative feedback? I don't recall seeing any anywhere—not even on those hours and hours and hours and hours of "Lord of the Rings" features.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.