main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who's The Baddie?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by fishtailsam, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    I love both worlds, so I don't know how I feel about that.

Darkslayer likes this.
  2. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    we already had an ET and SW crossover.

3. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    No. Is there nothing sacred or sacrilegious? Please...never...never repeat this again.:(

4. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    So would I. Hands-down, thus Boba acting in his current role, not of bounty hunter, but as Mand'alor (or, just as easily, if the EU isn't followed, whoever it is who holds the title these days).

Though as I said, I don't view Mandalorians as particularly inclined to serve agents of evil, just their own interests. They will fight alongside Sith if it suits them, and they have no love of the Jedi, certainly. But they've worked with "good guys" in the past, too, and I think it might surprise some in the audience (and maybe the big bad, too) to see a Mandalorian army siding with the equivalent of the New Republic.

I could envision a scenario where maybe the Sith have returned with an army (would thirty years be enough time for that to happen?), and where representatives of the New Republic (which maybe doesn't have much of a standing army of its own), need to convince the Mand'alor that it would behoove he or she to lend Mandalorian support to the cause, even just in the name of preserving Mando culture through an uneasy alliance with the Republic/NJO.

All of this would be secondary to the story of the heroes and the antagonist, of course. I don't know, it's a bit clumsy, maybe, but I think it's feasible.

5. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    That's why I like to have a personal canon.

Who knows, it could even be funny in a "not to be taken seriously" way.

Dra--- likes this.
  6. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    I'd rather Boba stay dead.

7. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Personally, I'd like to see him back, but like I said, there's no reason it has to be him. :)

8. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    I understand there are a ton of people that want him back. I was just sharing my opinion. I hope you didn't take that the wrong way because it was just meant as my opinion.

If he is back, I wouldn't have a problem with it. It just wouldn't be my preference.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  9. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    What justification can be made to bring him back? He's integeral to the OT story, but unnecessary for the ST.

The same can be said of Palpatine. A 'newish' villain with an undefeated track record provides the best opportunity for doubt in our sacred heroes ability to overcome the danger represented. We know they will win, but let us at least suspend our belief with a new kind of existential threat.[face_praying] Palpatine is no longer potent, thanks to Luke and Anakin.

10. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Maybe Zorbba the Hutt will be the new villain...

11. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    Or better yet, Gardulla the Hutt (assuming Vader didn't kill her).

12. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    how about Watto? Or better yet Kitster. He could seek revenge for Ani being wizard and leaving but failing to return and free the slaves.

13. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    No, Kitster is Boba Fett and he's already been dealt with.

Darth Raiden, Count Yubnub and Dra--- like this.
  14. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    so, Kitster stayed a 10 year old from TPM to AotC instead of aging like Ani did? Cloning technology isn't what it used to be

15. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    I don't understand. How could I possibly take it the wrong way? It's just your opinion, and you've every right to it! :)

I think Circular Logic's point - that we're likely to see a Mandalorian influence of some sort (likely in Episode VIII) in the ST, is spot-on.

As to @Immortiss' question of justification? Good question. Off the top of my head, the only justification I could really see for having Boba appear would be:

1. Fan service. He's popular and marketable. This alone, I think, should not be enough to make it happen, though
    2. To settle the age old debate between movie-only fans and fans of the greater canon. According to Lucasfilm, Boba's alive, but for many, that will never be true unless he's shown on screen, alive and well, post-ROTJ. Once again, taken alone, this probably isn't justification enough, either.
    3. As a set-up or tie-in, of sorts, for any Boba Fett stand-alone feature.
    4. To serve as a bridge between the OT and ST, Mando-style. This might be the single best reason.

Taken all together, I could maybe see it happening.

But let me be clear, even though I'm a big fan of Boba, under no circumstances would I advocate a return to action hero status (or even prominent character status) for him at this juncture. Boba's story (in the Episodic saga, anyway), should largely be over.

In my admittedly self-serving vision for the role of the Mandalorians in the ST, an old, battle-scarred Temuera Morrison appears in a cameo role as Mand'alor, as I said, perhaps grudgingly agreeing to lend Mando support to the cause of the New Republic. From there, the focus for the Mandalorian aspect of the story would shift to a new character, altogether. One who can actively lead the forces into battle. Boba's daughter from the EU? A newly created son? Maybe best of all would be an entirely new Mandalorian - the leader of a local clan, who is ready to take a more prominent role in the leadership of his or her people?

Again, I'm not claiming it's subtle (or even all that well thought-out, to be perfectly honest), but it might serve to bridge the gap between OT and ST, including the Mandalorians in a manner similar to how most envision the handoff from Big3 to the next generation of heroes.

Circular Logic and Immortiss like this.
  16. I_Love_Scotch

I_Love_Scotch Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 2, 2013
    30-40 years after the death of Boba Fett...he's been good and rotted in the sarlaac's belly for a looooooong time. Even if somehow he did make it out, by the time these movies roll around he'll be an old man and not a threat anymore.

Echo-07 likes this.
  17. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    1. He could appear in a non-combat role.
    2. Your avatar has something to say about old people not being threats.

18. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Right on. An old man behind a desk can be the biggest threat in the world if he has his finger on the button, so-to-speak.

Besides, he's the same age as Han. Mind, I'm not saying Fett must appear, but if he should not, I think his age should be really far down the list of reasons why.

purplerain likes this.
  19. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    It was a joke based on the old silly rumor. :)

T-R- likes this.
  20. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    Everybody who appeared in TPM and didn't appear in the OT was rumored to be Boba Fett.

Darkslayer and T-R- like this.
  21. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    I know, I remember that old rumor. I was continuing the joke ;)

22. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Ah, so it was me who ruined my own joke. Dammit! :p

T-R- and Trebor Sabreon like this.
  23. SHARKY_CHOMPCHOMP

SHARKY_CHOMPCHOMP Jedi Master star 1

Feb 26, 2001
    LOL! Ohhhhh man that one really made me laugh out loud!

T-R- likes this.
  24. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Watto, Kister, Maul, Yaddle, etc. all combined DNA to become Boba Fett!

25. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    Yaddle could be an interesting villain.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.