main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Starkiller in Rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by InterestingLurker, May 31, 2013.

?

Do you want Starkiller to appear in Star Wars: Rebels?

1. Yes

69 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. No

115 vote(s)
    62.5%
  1. Odolwa

Odolwa Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 12, 2013
    They could do like how they did with maul kind of, Show up, have a couple episodes, then back to main story, then maybe next season he shows up again.

2. Kenobi098

Kenobi098 Jedi Knight star 1

May 8, 2013
    [​IMG]
    Kun actually dual wield two sabers in his first appearance sparing with Silvar, Crado, and Master Vodo hen makes a lightstaff after he becomes sith.. Luke duel wielded in the marvel comics in the 80's with a shoto length saber. Komari Vosa duel wielded in the bounty hunter game which came out around the time of Aotc. duel wielding was well established before tcw.

Kato Sai and Revanfan1 like this.
  3. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Woo... Look how he's wielding them too. Reversed. Like Starkiller. Or Ahsoka.

It's been that long I forgot he did that. Maybe I was wrong about the COD thing.

Kato Sai and Revanfan1 like this.
  4. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Do you know which Marvel issue? I started collecting those a couple years ago and I have them all through somewhere in the 40's so far.

5. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    You forgot Asajj Ventress, who also utilizes reverse grip at times:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I guess dual-wielding sabers with a reverse grip qualifies well for the Rule of Cool.

Kato Sai and kubricklynch like this.
  6. Kenobi098

Kenobi098 Jedi Knight star 1

May 8, 2013

You have around 50 issues to go its in issue 96. He builds the shoto to counter Luminya's Light whip. he uses it again during the Fotj book series.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  7. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    LOTF, actually, not FOTJ.

8. CommanderDrenn

CommanderDrenn Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 19, 2013
    It's bad enough he exists. Keep him out of the show.

9. Contessa

Contessa Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    Yeah, no thanks. He's just another "more special than everybody" generic white hero dude and Rebels doesn't need that. He's canon, fine, but leave him to TFU and let's get some new people.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  10. Darth_Henning

Darth_Henning Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2007
    While I'm one of the smaller number who like the character and don't feel tat TFU causes irrevocable continuity issues, I don't think that he has a place in what's been indicated for Rebels. And the timeframe puts Rebels before he should really be a factor by a couple years.

He'd essentially fill the same role as the inquisitor at this point, which makes his character unnecessary (baring a fan-service cameo)

Trebor Sabreon and Mia Mesharad like this.
  11. Darth Wookiee

Darth Wookiee Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    TFU 1 maybe could work if they make him less powerful and get help from Rahm defeating vader and the emperor .

TFU 2
    No.

12. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Definitely don't want Starkiller to appear in Rebels.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  13. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Deletion is what I want for Starkiller

14. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Also, it depends if TFU 3 happens. I know it got scrapped, but the original game draft is probably still sitting on a shelf somewhere.

Darkslayer likes this.
  15. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I am going to be EXTREMELY angry if this show renders Starkiller non-canon. Would be just another slap in the face from Disney. They can include him if they want (I hope they do) but please don't contradict the original TFU.

DanielUK likes this.
  16. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    The proposed 'origins' story of the Rebel Alliance, for Rebels, already massively contradicts the events of the first part of TFU.

17. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    Are you kidding me? Before I get all angry though do you have a source?

18. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Darkslayer

Here is the premise described:

"It is a dark time in the galaxy, as the evil Galactic Empire tightens its grip of power from world to world. As the series begins, Imperial forces have occupied a remote planet, ruling with an iron fist and ruining the lives of its people. But there are a select few who are brave enough to stand up against the endless Stormtroopers and TIE fighters of the Empire: the clever and motley crew of the starship Ghost. Together, this ragtag group will face threatening new villains, have thrilling adventures, and become heroes"

19. Werebazs

Werebazs Jedi Master star 1

Mar 20, 2013
    If Starkiller were to appear he'd have to be massively nerfed, and the novel of TFU showed well enough that, that just doesn't work. With his ridiculously over-the-top badassery taken away, Starkiller is just a terribly flat, boring and unengageing character. Okay, you can say, that the series could have more time to develop him, but that just wouldn't be Starkiller anymore. Starkiller is a ridiculously overpowered and flat character, and I like him that way. However I wouldn't care if he was erased from continuity.
    On the other hand, the plot of the game is flat-out stupid, so I'll be outright glad, if that's erased. Note, that, although I might sound very critical, for the most part I actually liked the game. But only as a game. I never considered it as something that fits into canon on any level, on any way.
    So no, I don't want anything from the game to make it into the series.

20. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    He was only overpowered because it was a game. LA's probably know players want uber maxed out Force powers; heck, even SWTOR had insane level of powerful Force users.

Darkslayer and Odolwa like this.
  21. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    The thing is everyone in TFU was overpowered. Even stormtroopers could withstand damage and face foes that would mean instant death in the "normal" SW depiction.

Probably any halfway decent Jedi or Sith, if they appeared in the TFU gameverse, could replicate Marek's "star destroyer trick" for example.

22. Odolwa

Odolwa Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 12, 2013
    Had to make an exciting and crazy game, Did you want it to just be mind tricks and hurling cups? :p

Darkslayer likes this.
  23. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    I think we should reserve judgement. Doesn't mention anything about the Alliance. Just says some guys will run around in a starship called Ghost.

24. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    See the interview with one of the executive producers; suggests the rebels are a bunch of organised teenagers, lots of infighting and rival groups.

25. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    I saw it. Did nothing do confirm Starkiller is out. Anyway, if they change the Rebel Alliance to being started by a bunch of teenagers then my worst fears regarding the Disney acquisition will have come true. So far my thoughts are: They cancelled The Clone Wars for THIS?

The Shadow Emperor likes this.